Looks like no end in sight for the Patriots.

Tipster19

They get the 24th overall pick from the Seahawks for Deion Branch and then they have their own pick which is anywheres from 28-31. Hate to say it but theytruly are one solid organization. The kicker is they will probably trade one of them for multiple picks and really make me want to throw up. Well not all is lost, the Fish should be flopping all over the place next year.

They get the 24th overall pick from the Seahawks for Deion Branch and then they have their own pick which is anywheres from 28-31. Hate to say it but theytruly are one solid organization. The kicker is they will probably trade one of them for multiple picks and really make me want to throw up. Well not all is lost, the Fish should be flopping all over the place next year.

they'll drop into the 2nd round with one to pick up a first round pick for 2008.........with the amount of young talent they have there aern't a whole lot of roster spots up for grabs.......good drafting and resigning players before free agency keeps them loaded year after year........

hate to say it as well, but your right, they are truly solid

They get the 24th overall pick from the Seahawks for Deion Branch and then they have their own pick which is anywheres from 28-31. Hate to say it but theytruly are one solid organization. The kicker is they will probably trade one of them for multiple picks and really make me want to throw up.

Perhaps they will trade it to the Bills so we can move up to draft the third-best defensive lineman from a 5-6 ACC team.

NE will need to address the LB position as well as secondary especially if they dont franchise Asante Samuel. They may wish to draft another WR or acquire one via free agency. I could see them trading down for a first rounder next year as well like they did in 02.

They'll be a force in the AFC East for years and years to come. Buffalo will have to fight the Jets for second fiddle.

They certainly didn't look like world beaters on Sunday. If not for the collassal blunders that the Chargers dished out they should have lost by 11 points. Their linebackers look old and slow, they have no running game and Brady looks really bad when he gets pressured. I think they lose this week, Manning finally gets to the big show.

NE also has a 2nd 3 thirds 2 fourths no fifth 2 sixths and sevenths.

Where did you hear that? As far as I'm aware, the only extra picks the Pats have are Seattle's 1st for Branch, a conditional 7th from Arizona for Brandon Gorin that could become a 6th, and an undisclosed pick from Cleveland for Ross Tucker that will probably be nothing since he didn't make their roster. You are correct about them having no 5th, though, since they traded it for Doug Gabriel.

Looking at drafthistory.com (which I am happy to see has a link to TBD), I think that part of the reason that the Pats are doing so well is because since 1993, they have an extremely high success rate wrt their early draft picks. They also had a few picks that one would consider "steals," such as Samuel in round 4, Troy Brown in round 8, Curtis Martin in Round 3, and of course friggin Brady in round 6.

They did fairly well with free agents too, but a case could be made that the Bills did better wrt UFAs.

Throw Brady, Parcells and Bellichick into the mix and it would be pretty hard NOT to do well. :cry:

Looking at drafthistory.com (which I am happy to see has a link to TBD), I think that part of the reason that the Pats are doing so well is because since 1993, they have an extremely high success rate wrt their early draft picks. They also had a few picks that one would consider "steals," such as Samuel in round 4, Troy Brown in round 8, Curtis Martin in Round 3, and of course friggin Brady in round 6.

They did fairly well with free agents too, but a case could be made that the Bills did better wrt UFAs.

Throw Brady, Parcells and Bellichick into the mix and it would be pretty hard NOT to do well. :cry:

Not to mention the free extra 1st round picks they have been getting this decade.....