Willis crossed the line

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No you guys took a hypothetical quote way out fo context and used it in this board's silly willis-bashing crusade.

Willis basically said "if i took a crap on the kitchen floor, i would pick it up and put it in the toilet." Then all of you willis bashers screamed "Willis plays with crap, he picks it up and plays with it all the time!"

You made absolutely no sense with that one. That's ok, Willis rarely makes any sense either.

Because only the view of the small guy being offended can be brought to this board. Step in line or step off :D It's a joke that someone who doesn't whine about an overused topic gets ignored for having an opposing view just cause a hypothetical comment didn't get their panties in a twist.

I don't have a problem with a guy who plays with 3 broken ribs -- why trade him when he is going to bust his ass in a contract year...makes no sense unless we are offered something of much greater perceived value than Willis is to the Bills. A second or third round pick is not a greater value in my mind..

I think Toronto is a nice city too. I stop short of wanting the Bills to move there however....

Whether the Bills should trade McGahee largely depends on whether they're planning on offering him an extension. If they've pretty much made up their minds that he's not going to get an extension when his contract expires, Marv should start considering all reasonable offers that teams make for McGahee. What I don't want to see happen is for the Bills to lose out on the 2nd or 3rd round pick we could have had for McGahee just because we wanted to get one last year of play out of him. One year of McGahee's play is not worth that kind of price.

No you guys took a hypothetical quote way out fo context and used it in this board's silly willis-bashing crusade.

Willis basically said "if i took a crap on the kitchen floor, i would pick it up and put it in the toilet." Then all of you willis bashers screamed "Willis plays with crap, he picks it up and plays with it all the time!"

actually, thats a REALLY GOOD analogy of this reaction to the quote

peter, i generally like your posts, but you're a miami alum. yes, there is way too much ill-informed negativity directed at the U, which is in fact a good school, so I can understand why you get so worked up about attacks on guys from the U. however, in this case, it seems as if your fond feelings toward your alma mater are confusing you. I mean come on: he said something that he's gotta know should never be said, and while you can twist it however you want, he basically said that he's ok with the bills moving to Toronto. As a Bills fan, and a Buffalo fan, is that not sacrilege to you? Maybe he's smarter than I think and is looking for the easiest way out of town, but whatever the case, that's pretty bad. And by the way, when Mcgahee contradicts what he just said, he's merely contradicting himself, not overriding what he just said about toronto and depressed buffalonians. you're giving him too much credit.

Cornell undergrad. UM law.

Words cannot describe how much the Bills and Buffalo have been and are part of my life. If the Bills were ever to move from Buffalo, it would have much more impact on me than it should.

Having said all that, I really do not think that he intended to slight Buffalo. Do I think that he should be more careful the way he says things? Yes. Nevertheless, I really think that he meant what he said about the fact that he loves Buffalo etc. In fact, he bought a house in OP.

One of the reasons I have defended him on this board (I suppose) is that he has become the underdog on this board in the sense that he is the favorite whipping boy by some of the most vitriolic posters. There are certain players over the years that people have gone out of their way to attack. WM is the current one. The last couple of years, people were calling for Nate's head. Now, people are saying he is a must off season sign.

Although I went to UM law, you would never hear me defend someone like Michael Irvin. I think that he is a jerk. WM (based on what I have heard down here) is a genuinely good guy. I saw what he did down here to come back from his knee injury. Way back when, I used to play running back in high school. I know what it is like to try to play with bruised ribs and a bum ankle. I cannot imagine playing in the NFL with three broken ribs and a bum ankle. I also cannot imagine playing behind the piss poor offensive line that we have had.

People will have their own opinions. I just think that is odd that there appears to be a double standard for WM, and some people always seem to see the worst in him and others.

you know and i know that he'd be quite happy if the bills moved to toronto (indeed, he said as much). also, while i don't hate mcgahee (although you claim erroneously that i do), i can say that the only reason i even follow the sport is because the bills are in buffalo. i can laugh about the other stuff, which i think is basically harmless, and i certainly don't much care about his paternity issues etc. but to even countenance moving the bills -- and in a clearly enthusiastic way -- after saying that buffalo basically sucks (but hey, i love those buffalonians!), strikes me as too much. i like the bills because i like buffalo culture -- its history, the people i know there, the architecture, its ethnic makeup, etc. etc. i could take or leave the sport of football (although it is entertaining), and i would leave it if the bills left. it's just an issue he should steer clear of given his professed sentiments about the city. unfortunately, he's said enough things for me to think that he'd be thrilled if the bills moved (provided he was still on the team).

I don't care what this guy says.

What bothers me is that he's barely a top 25 running back, looking for top 10 salary.

I'd be interested in dumping Willis, only if we have a suitable upgrade.

If we keep him, I want less of the offense built around him, and more built around our true offensive stars. (JP and Lee)

Cornell undergrad. UM law.

Words cannot describe how much the Bills and Buffalo have been and are part of my life. If the Bills were ever to move from Buffalo, it would have much more impact on me than it should.

Having said all that, I really do not think that he intended to slight Buffalo. Do I think that he should be more careful the way he says things? Yes. Nevertheless, I really think that he meant what he said about the fact that he loves Buffalo etc. In fact, he bought a house in OP.

One of the reasons I have defended him on this board (I suppose) is that he has become the underdog on this board in the sense that he is the favorite whipping boy by some of the most vitriolic posters. There are certain players over the years that people have gone out of their way to attack. WM is the current one. The last couple of years, people were calling for Nate's head. Now, people are saying he is a must off season sign.

Although I went to UM law, you would never hear me defend someone like Michael Irvin. I think that he is a jerk. WM (based on what I have heard down here) is a genuinely good guy. I saw what he did down here to come back from his knee injury. Way back when, I used to play running back in high school. I know what it is like to try to play with bruised ribs and a bum ankle. I cannot imagine playing in the NFL with three broken ribs and a bum ankle. I also cannot imagine playing behind the piss poor offensive line that we have had.

People will have their own opinions. I just think that is odd that there appears to be a double standard for WM, and some people always seem to see the worst in him and others.

Good points, and I see where you're coming from. I guess the only thing I can say is that being agreeable about a Bills move is territory that every Bills player should steer clear of. Maybe he just wants out ASAP - I don't know.

I don't care what this guy says.

What bothers me is that he's barely a top 25 running back, looking for top 10 salary.

I'd be interested in dumping Willis, only if we have a suitable upgrade.

If we keep him, I want less of the offense built around him, and more built around our true offensive stars. (JP and Lee)

You don't build offenses around a wr ever. You build an offense around the line and running game. Not a wr regardless of how good he may be. I understand the frustration with the production of Mcgahee, but the entire offense was non productive. We were near dead last in every statistical catagory. Improve the line or any rb you trot out there will give you below average production.

how are you guys STILL reading that he wants out of buffalo, or hes demanding a trade??

they asked him what he thought about a team in Toronto. he basically said "why add a team there when you have the bills right there?"

and he's RIGHT! why would the nfl put a team in toronto and keep the bills right here? we are basically torontos team as well right now.

you guys read more into what he said then my crazy ex-girlfriend. its like youre all PMS-ing.

You don't build offenses around a wr ever. You build an offense around the line and running game. Not a wr regardless of how good he may be. I understand the frustration with the production of Mcgahee, but the entire offense was non productive. We were near dead last in every statistical catagory. Improve the line or any rb you trot out there will give you below average production.

It's called using the pass to open up the run.

The only teams that need to do it have below average running backs.

We need to do it.

JP and Lee are the stars of this unit.

Much less Willis, much more JP.

Improve the line and Bledsoe will be a good QB...

Willis needs to put up, and shut the f*ck up.

It's called using the pass to open up the run.

The only teams that need to do it have below average running backs.

We need to do it.

JP and Lee are the stars of this unit.

Much less Willis, much more JP.

Improve the line and Bledsoe will be a good QB...

Willis needs to put up, and shut the f*ck up.

HOLY COW! we got ourselves kevin gilbride jr over here folks!

remember we tried doing that for those 6 YEARS AND FAILED HORRIBLY!

HOLY COW! we got ourselves kevin gilbride jr over here folks!

remember we tried doing that for those 6 YEARS AND FAILED HORRIBLY!

There ya go.

What has Willis done exactly?

If he was my only RB, and I was offensive coordinator, I'd be called June Jones Jr.

Willis would be a special teams blocker, nothing more.

What's interesting in all of this is why Willis would even have a hard-on with playing in Toronto. As a fan of the Raptors and Blue Jays (but not the Leafs...they suck) we're always being told that we have to pay far more for our star players or free agents to get them to play in Toronto. Look at all the great ballers that have jumped on the first flight out of here the minute their contracts expire (i.e. Tracy McGrady, Vince Carter, Carlos Delgado). Most people say Canada's income taxation really turns off players from coming here.

Then again, you'd have to assume Willis actually knows that taxes are higher in Canada...

:D

dude, im in NO WAY saying the offense should be built around willis specifically.

but it should be built around the run. if he cant carry it im all for getting someone who can.

Which is my point.

Read my original post.