Denver Broncos DB Darrent Williams shot and killed.

Spanky46

And one person said Denver TV was reporting there was an altercation w/ WR Javon Walker in the club....

What disturbs me about all of this is that I wonder if a few people were just a bit too upset that the Broncos didn't make the playoffs. If the altercation with Walker is true, combine that with the shooting (presuming the shooter knew who they were shooting at) and it's possible.

Not saying at all that is the reason, but we've all seen more bizarre things in this loony world.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my $.02......You guys are having a dispute for no reason imo. Here are a few Qs & As, OK?

Q: Is a young athlete a "thug" for going to a club on New Years Eve, or any other night?

Ans: No, not at all.

Q: Is a young person more likely to NOT get in trouble/shot by avoiding clubs?

Ans: Yes, absolutely.

A few years ago, the Bills had some p.o.s. who spat in a cop's face. Where was he? You guessed right.....outside a "club." The safety on Seattle (Hamlin?) got his ass kicked inside a club, no?

These places are expensive, and many are patronized by drug dealers, gangsters, etc. WHERE was Ray Lewis when he got jammed up? C'mon now.

I don't blame a young, rich, healthy kid for wanting to go to clubs and score with the hot girls, but these guys (or one would think most of them) wouldn't be so rich without football, which has a short shelf life.

As long as they don't carry guns, spit at cops, murder other people, get locked up for assault or dwi, I guess it is OK for them to go to these clubs.

Is it smart? I think not, but that is easy to say at my age. :oops:

First off, I feel bad for the Williams family. From what I know, he seemed like a decent guy. This kind of thing is incomprehensible.

HOWEVER...

I dont know this area of town, but I would have to guess this is not the place I would have chosen to celebrate the new year. You put yourself in bad situations often enough, bad things happen. This doesnt mean that he deserved this, nobody deserves this. But it does mean that your actions and your choices in life have consequences, often unintended consequences. The culture of professional athletics seems to cause a sense of infallibility. Hopefully, as tragic as this event is, it will cause some habitual offenders of dangerous behavior to think about the consequences of their choices. And hopefully some other young players will not fall prey to the magnetic pull to the lifestyle of the typical professional athlete.

These sanctimonious posts about doing the right thing and not going to scary/gang-ridden places (sarcasm) places are a bit much. Not one of us knows what happened that night yet. Until this information, it is a much wiser course to withhold judgment....then you can make these posts with much more credibility.

without reading through the entire string and to go off topic a bit...i read an article about this and cited a quote from nfl spokesman Greg Aiello...that name sounded familiar and the first person that came to mind was GreginGA or something like that...isnt there a poster here named greg that works for the nfl...not sure why this sounded terribly familiar...anyone???

CNN.com is reporting that the Denver Broncos have confirmed that DB Darrent Williams was shot and killed this morning.

http://www.cnn.com/

These sanctimonious posts about doing the right thing and not going to scary/gang-ridden places (sarcasm) places are a bit much. Not one of us knows what happened that night yet. Until this information, it is a much wiser course to withhold judgment....then you can make these posts with much more credibility.

Just did a quick search on the club they were at. Then cross referenced the location of the club with denver crime statistics from the denver police page. (Note: 2005 data)...I fell like i should interview to replace edgar stiles on 24 next week....

http://www.denvergov.org/admin/template3/f...Offense_Map.pdf

Guess where the club is...its on broadway about halfway between 7th and Colfax. Crime rate doesnt get any higher in all of Denver.

Homicide map shows similar results.

http://www.denvergov.org/admin/template3/f...omicide_Map.pdf

there is no substitute for knowing the area, but it definetly appears this is not a great area, and perhaps one you should avoid.

Again, this does not mean he deserved this....but sometimes your actions have unintended consequences.

Hey, you finally figured out how to post a news story! Congrats! I would have expected you to offer some proof when I first called you out on it, seeing as how CNN and the other major carriers didn't have it at that point. Guess I shouldn't have expected so much.

Now maybe we can move on to admitting that just because someone goes to a nightclub, that doesn't mean they are a horrible person.

I never said DW was Ed.

Why don't you go exercise your wrist while staring at your Vince Young poster?

There's a reason why the Texans logo is a !@#$ skull.

The NFL proves yet again it is the most overlooked thug league in sports.

Why? Because the media and fans are having too much fun watching watered down mediocre football while tailgating, making 100 dollar parlay bets, and deciding on who to start on one of their 10 fantasy football lineups. So let's trash the NBA because hey, I do not have Melo on my fantasy roster and I do not get blitzed at the Staples Center parking lot for a Lakers game!

RIP Darrent.

:oops: great post. Seriously, the NFL really is untouchable.

Here is my $.02......You guys are having a dispute for no reason imo. Here are a few Qs & As, OK?

Q: Is a young athlete a "thug" for going to a club on New Years Eve, or any other night?

Ans: No, not at all.

Q: Is a young person more likely to NOT get in trouble/shot by avoiding clubs?

Ans: Yes, absolutely.

A few years ago, the Bills had some p.o.s. who spat in a cop's face. Where was he? You guessed right.....outside a "club." The safety on Seattle (Hamlin?) got his ass kicked inside a club, no?

These places are expensive, and many are patronized by drug dealers, gangsters, etc. WHERE was Ray Lewis when he got jammed up? C'mon now.

I don't blame a young, rich, healthy kid for wanting to go to clubs and score with the hot girls, but these guys (or one would think most of them) wouldn't be so rich without football, which has a short shelf life.

As long as they don't carry guns, spit at cops, murder other people, get locked up for assault or dwi, I guess it is OK for them to go to these clubs.

Is it smart? I think not, but that is easy to say at my age. :oops:

I don't know what the dispute is about either. What you just wrote is a summation of everything I've written on this. But what would you know, Bill, you're just a cop. ;)

BlueFire staked a position put words in my mouth and now, in the face of all contrary evidence, is trying to defend it with all the vigor he's learned from the best bullsh--ters he looks up to on PPP.

Just did a quick search on the club they were at. Then cross referenced the location of the club with denver crime statistics from the denver police page. (Note: 2005 data)...I fell like i should interview to replace edgar stiles on 24 next week....

http://www.denvergov.org/admin/template3/f...Offense_Map.pdf

Guess where the club is...its on broadway about halfway between 7th and Colfax. Crime rate doesnt get any higher in all of Denver.

Homicide map shows similar results.

http://www.denvergov.org/admin/template3/f...omicide_Map.pdf

there is no substitute for knowing the area, but it definetly appears this is not a great area, and perhaps one you should avoid.

Again, this does not mean he deserved this....but sometimes your actions have unintended consequences.

You are such a literal !@#$head. That club is not in a neighborhood. It's in !@#$ing downtown Denver, center city USA. You and sanctimonious pompous Bill in NYC should blow each other because it might shut you both up. A young man went to a club in Denver and was shot. What you know about it is jack squat.

You are such a literal !@#$head. That club is not in a neighborhood. It's in !@#$ing downtown Denver, center city USA. You and sanctimonious pompous Bill in NYC should blow each other because it might shut you both up. A young man went to a club in Denver and was shot. What you know about it is jack squat.

I do not appreciate your attitude here. If you want to dispute facts, come at me with facts. If juvenile name calling is the only thing you can bring to the table, there are plenty of Patriot forums you can join.

Wow! How long were you saving that up?

In any event, Happy New Year to you and your loved ones. I do hope you are feeling better today.

I don't understand the assumptions being made here. He was at an organized party put together by players from the Nuggets and Broncos and hosted by players by both teams for Kenyon Martins birthday. Some Bills players did the same thing for McGahee last year in downtown Buffalo. The young man was killed, on New Years. He didn't deserve to die, what else is there to debate.

I don't understand the assumptions being made here. He was at an organized party put together by players from the Nuggets and Broncos and hosted by players by both teams for Kenyon Martins birthday. Some Bills players did the same thing for McGahee last year in downtown Buffalo. The young man was killed, on New Years. He didn't deserve to die, what else is there to debate.

According to the brain trust, he had it coming.