Losman was horrible today

BADOLBILZ

The pass was open. JP threw at least a dozen passes to guys who were open that were well off target. Some were caught, some were just out of reach and some were way off, but if you want to beat a team that takes away your running game it's up to your QB to complete those passes. I'm a Losman fan, but he's been just a little off for much of the season, and on a day where he had to do a lot of throwing against a good defense, his lack of ideal accuracy was very evident. I think he'll get there. He came into the league with terrible mechanics and played his college career in the shotgun throwing against less than stellar competition he got away with a lot of things he can't do in the NFL. If he makes half the improvement next year that he made this year, he's going to be outstanding.

Totally agree..

I think JP has made enormous strides this Season and I'm thrilled about it to be honest...

But I have to admit he frustrated the heck out of Me today... I do believe it's Games like this one today that JP will learn from in order to further his development for next Season...The Pick 6 can't happen on the Road against a good Team...Just can't happen...Neither can the Red Zone INT...And when Plays are there to be made, and JP has or buys the time to get the Ball off, he HAS to get the completion more consistantly...But He is close...He's gonna look back at Games like this one, The Road Games vs. Indy, NE and Detroit, and The Home Games vs SD and Tennessee and realize the margin for error is SO paper thin...

But no question JP proved to Me this Season that the future is definitely bright for Him in Buffalo...Now hopefully Marv can help the Kid out with a couple more O-Linemen... :wallbash:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pick 6 can't happen on the Road against a good Team...

Personally, I think Price had just as much to do with that a JP. The blitz was on and Price was his usual passive self. He didn't attack the ball and wasn't aggressive when he was stepped in front of. Compare that to Evans who rips the balls out of defenders hands and you will see why I wouldn't want Price on my team come playoff time.

JP was bad today, I agree. Badol was absolutely right about 10 or so balls that were off target. The two picks were obviously bad passes but both WRs on those plays ran terrible patterns. I expect it out of Peerless on the first but Evans was terrible on the 2nd. He usually gives the good effort most every play. The line was worse than JP though, too. They were horrible the entire game, rushing or pass blocking.

JP was bad today, I agree. Badol was absolutely right about 10 or so balls that were off target. The two picks were obviously bad passes but both WRs on those plays ran terrible patterns. I expect it out of Peerless on the first but Evans was terrible on the 2nd. He usually gives the good effort most every play. The line was worse than JP though, too. They were horrible the entire game, rushing or pass blocking.

I think there was little the Bills offense could do today period. Run, pass, Baltimore's line and defense was just better. on top of that, I think JP was trying too hard to make things happen rather than playing within himself like he had the prior 8 games or so.

I think that the rain affected/affects JP. He's much more loose and inaccurate with the ball. Maybe he should wear a towel or gloves.

But he had no help on offense today. The run game was non-existent and Willis had a fumble, WR's ran bad/lazy routes, the interior got blownup, and their were WAY too many penalties.

I think JP was trying too hard to make things happen rather than playing within himself like he had the prior 8 games or so.

I definately agree with that, I think he looked anxious and it showed in his passing. He has consistently had a few throws every game where he just misses the mark inexplicably, but today it was magnified. I don't think the anxiety was well founded, the Ravens have a very good defense, but the Bills receivers were getting open and Losman has been under worse pass rush pressure. IMO, the O-Line played as expected, they couldn't handle the Ravens D-line, but we've seen entire YEARS where there was a completely unblocked pass rusher 10 times per game and that didn't happen today.

Personally, I think Price had just as much to do with that a JP. The blitz was on and Price was his usual passive self. He didn't attack the ball and wasn't aggressive when he was stepped in front of. Compare that to Evans who rips the balls out of defenders hands and you will see why I wouldn't want Price on my team come playoff time.

Kelso said as much on the radio broadcast, and in jp's defense, how is he supposed to throw the ball over the line on those routes over the middle to a reciever thats 5'2".

You just can't hit parrish in the numbers when you have to throw over the lineman with their arms in the air.......We need another 2 quility rec's to go with Reed and Evans......

I disagree in the titans game he had us in position to win and kept us in the game dispite the DEFENSE's inabilty to stop the run against the titans and the pass against the ravens. He was asked to carry the team today when willis couldnt run for sh-- and i thought he did a decent job, the ravens are VERY GOOD, buffalo was overmatched plain and simple, i thought even if we did beat tennesse and controlled our own destiny wed be in trouble this game. But it's not all on losman, no way this kid is gonna be here for a while

Go JP and Go Bills

I thought JP stunk today...flat out stunk. Any rookie playing this season would have looked no worse. Does that mean JP had a bad season? NO. Does that take away from the strides he's made? No. But in order for the BIlls to be a playoff team he has to be much better than the last 2 weeks.

I disagree in the titans game he had us in position to win and kept us in the game dispite the DEFENSE's inabilty to stop the run against the titans and the pass against the ravens. He was asked to carry the team today when willis couldnt run for sh-- and i thought he did a decent job, the ravens are VERY GOOD, buffalo was overmatched plain and simple, i thought even if we did beat tennesse and controlled our own destiny wed be in trouble this game. But it's not all on losman, no way this kid is gonna be here for a while

Go JP and Go Bills

If JP doesn't throw that bad pick 6 and the Bills end up punting on that series, he is going into the 4th quarter down 9-7 on the road despite an uneven performance. A lucky bounce....a good punt return....a few short passes from a good drive start...that's all it would have taken for the Bills to get in position for Lindell to kick them to a 10-9 lead. That mistake really hurt and was very much uncharacterisitic of his play since the bye week. In a word, unnecessary. A very unnecessary risk. The Bills defense showed that they could keep the Ravens out of the endzone by overloading against the run and making McNair throw the ball to the Ravens very modest group of receivers. I'm not saying they were on their way to victory, but they were very much in that game until that point.

You guys do realize on the 1st INT....Was more on Price then JP....Just look at the overhead replay...Price runs a stop route...JP releases as pressure is coming from the near side, before Price finished his route....

Price turns, sees the ball coming to him but sits in place instead of coming in to the ball....forget about squaring his shoulders...he just sits down on his route....thats going to be a pick or atleast a bat down everytime....

If JP doesn't throw that bad pick 6 and the Bills end up punting on that series, he is going into the 4th quarter down 9-7 on the road despite an uneven performance. A lucky bounce....a good punt return....a few short passes from a good drive start...that's all it would have taken for the Bills to get in position for Lindell to kick them to a 10-9 lead. That mistake really hurt and was very much uncharacterisitic of his play since the bye week. In a word, unnecessary. A very unnecessary risk. The Bills defense showed that they could keep the Ravens out of the endzone by overloading against the run and making McNair throw the ball to the Ravens very modest group of receivers. I'm not saying they were on their way to victory, but they were very much in that game until that point.

JP is still having accuracy problems. He has progressed over the past two years but he has not managed to get better with location.

You guys do realize on the 1st INT....Was more on Price then JP....Just look at the overhead replay...Price runs a stop route...JP releases as pressure is coming from the near side, before Price finished his route....

Price turns, sees the ball coming to him but sits in place instead of coming in to the ball....forget about squaring his shoulders...he just sits down on his route....thats going to be a pick or atleast a bat down everytime....

absolutely... That has ALWAYS been my gripe against him. He's out there playing flag football, while everyone else is playing tackle. He has the aggressiveness of a shellfish. Regardless of some of his "tiptoe" catches - I think you lose more games with Price than you win. Playoffs mean good defense. Good defense means INT's when throwing his way.

I'm a big JP fan, but even I can tell he had a poor game.

You can make excusses for anything if you try hard enough, but some of thoughs throws were just plain bad.

Earlier in the season I let them slide but, he should have gotten beyond them by now.

I'm not even talking about the INTs. Just not hitting open men, and not leading the guys when he does hit them.

That being said bring on next season I'm already ready.

Happy New year everyone!

JP didn't have a stellar game I agree. A few bad throws here and there, he did show some decent leadership however and I am still very comfortable with him at QB.

Another note: the O-line looked terrible today, I am not sold on Terrance Pennington one bit anymore. He was a turnstyle today and often ended up deep in the backfield looking confused.

The lesson of this season as in the past 6 seasons is that when the Bills have an adequate O-line the overall play of the entire team improves.

It's really simple and really frigging apparent but once again here it is. It needs to be addressed #1 in the offseason.

Run defense doesn't mean sh_t when your offense can't get anythign going because your run game is sh_t and your QB is getting minimal pocket time.

I'm a big JP fan, but even I can tell he had a poor game.

You can make excusses for anything if you try hard enough, but some of thoughs throws were just plain bad.

Earlier in the season I let them slide but, he should have gotten beyond them by now.

I'm not even talking about the INTs. Just not hitting open men, and not leading the guys when he does hit them.

That being said bring on next season I'm already ready.

Happy New year everyone!

JP did have a bad game but to not give him any excuse at all against he #1 defense in the league that looked like it will win a super bowl is a bit harsh.

Just my thoughs, happy new years Mike.