How long will Mularkey last?

DolFans ....

are beginning to call for Mr. Gadget Play's head: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...la-sports-front

Players ...

Pro Bowler Chris Chambers has been complaining about MM's conservative game plans and "has been frustrated for weeks at the offense's inability to throw deep. He was asked after the game Sunday if the Dolphins' play-calling was too conservative. ''Yeah, of course, but we have to run the plays that are called,'' Chambers said. " You mean MM's plays Chris?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/16270856.htm

Saban ...

Also questioned the "conservative" gameplan and the Dolphins lack of deep passing game. He likes "continuity" in his staff so MM may get another year to improve his performance but Saban clearly is unhappy with MM's playcalling.

Disgruntled DolFans + Players + Saban = I say he has 1 year left in Miami.

He might even have a problem landing a job as a QB coach somewhere else, after how he managed JP last season.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that Mularkey's any good, but Chambers is full of it. He was targetted ten times in the game and didn't come up with a single catch. Sure, a ton of that is Joey and a bunch is Nate, but zero catches on ten attempts? Lame. Look at this cut from the gamebook:

2-2-BUF2 (:15) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short right to C.Chambers. Underthrown, receiver in front right corner of end zone.

3-2-BUF2 (:11) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short left to C.Chambers. Dropped, receiver 8 yds. into end zone, along sideline.

4-2-BUF2 (:06) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short middle to C.Chambers (R.Denney). Pass tipped at line.

PENALTY on BUF-T.McGee, Defensive Holding, 1 yard, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play. Penalty results in untimed down.

1-1-BUF1 (:00) Untimed play. (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete to C.Chambers (R.Denney). Pass batted at

Yes, Virginia, that's four passes in a row thrown at Chambers.

Saban isn't going to budge on Mularkey. Once he takes the Alabama position, the Fish will go with Mularkey as the new head coach.

Mark it down.

872208[/snapback]

this would be the best possible outcome.

the worst being mularkey getting fired from miami. as long as he's there, we go 2-0 vs miami every year.

DolFans ....

are beginning to call for Mr. Gadget Play's head: http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-mar...la-sports-front

Players ...

Pro Bowler Chris Chambers has been complaining about MM's conservative game plans and "has been frustrated for weeks at the offense's inability to throw deep. He was asked after the game Sunday if the Dolphins' play-calling was too conservative. ''Yeah, of course, but we have to run the plays that are called,'' Chambers said. "  You mean MM's plays Chris?

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sport...ll/16270856.htm

Saban ...

Also questioned the "conservative" gameplan and the Dolphins lack of deep passing game.  He likes "continuity" in his staff so MM may get another year to improve his performance but Saban clearly is unhappy with MM's playcalling.

Disgruntled DolFans + Players + Saban = I say he has 1 year left in Miami. 

He might even have a problem landing a job as a QB coach somewhere else, after how he managed JP last season.

872139[/snapback]

I like you better than the other Rich.

Saban isn't going to budge on Mularkey. Once he takes the Alabama position, the Fish will go with Mularkey as the new head coach.

Mark it down.

872208[/snapback]

THAT would get simon to root for the fish, methinks.

I am honestly giddy at the prospect.  I'm giggling like a schoolgirl just thinking about it.  :)

872227[/snapback]

I posted it as a rumor on Finheaven.com because they're all debating Saban's future. It's pretty comical.

Now, forgive the hijack, but it's not as comical as the poster there named FeelThePain who posted this gem...for your reading pleasure...

Dolphins beat the Bears and Pats two teams that are far better then the Bills and we beat them soundly, I guess by using Bill fans logic, we are better then both those teams, and to further elborate on this the Bills are better then everyone in the league cause we beat the Pats and Bears and the Bills beat us. Therefore the Bills get credit for everything because they beat us. What kind of stupid Logic is this?? The Bears have lost two games and the Pats have lost 4 games, and Miami has lost 8 games, but we are better because we beat those teams...end of story, thats all that counts, it's a fact...why???Cause Bill fans are using their logic to judge teams abilitys by who beat whom.

The rankings tell the story not the record, the Bills are 7-7 and they have the 31st ranked O in the league, what does this tell you about a team after 14 weeks?? Well common sense tells you?? Their not very good!! Is that my imagination???? No, their D is ranked 19th after 14 games what does that tell you?? Their just below avg at best. Is this me being bias or in denial??? No, I'd say that's a fair evaluation. If Buffalo was the 5th ranked O and the 8th ranked D and I said the Bills weren't very good then yeah, that would be a a bias opinion or living in denial.

Here's where Bill fans want everyone in the world to give them credit for nothing. they are a 500. ball club at the moment and thats just one game better then a Miami team missing their starting QB and their starting runningback. Yet Miami at gametime Sunday had the 2nd ranked D and the 18th ranked O by beating teams like the Bears and Pats better then the Bills as far as stats go then the Bills. You want to talk about stats?? Wins and loses don't always tell the whole story.

Look who the Dolphins beat and look who the Bills beat. We beat The Bears, Pats, Chiefs, Vikes, Titans and Lions. The Bills beat us twice, the Jags, Vikes,Greenbay and the Jets. Only two teams on the Bills winning list are above 500 and they are just over 500. The Bills lose to probably the worst team in the league...the Lions and get killed by one of only two good teams they played all year the Bears 40 to 7.

The Bottom line is this, just because you have a better record doesn't make you the better team. Last year the Colts had a much better record then the Steelers and the Colts had homefield advantage throughout the playoffs and lost to the wildcard Steelers. Between stats, in Miami's favor by far and team they've beaten Miami is by far the better team. Just because the Bills beat a division rival twice doesn't make them the better team. There isn't one person that follows this division thinks Miami's effort in either of those Bills games was the same effort Miami played with aginst the Pats and Bears this year. The Dolphins just didn't seem to care about the Bills, in the first meeting Daunte was just to injured to play and in the second Miami just seemed disinterested.

:(:wallbash::oops:

I posted it as a rumor on Finheaven.com because they're all debating Saban's future. It's pretty comical.

Now, forgive the hijack, but it's not as comical as the poster there named FeelThePain who posted this gem...for your reading pleasure...

:nana:  ;)  :doh:

872239[/snapback]

While that post is a mess, and he's really going overboard trying to stick up for the dolphins, if you take away the miami stuff his overall points about our stats and who we have played/won against aren't that far off.

Not that Mularkey's any good, but Chambers is full of it.  He was targetted ten times in the game and didn't come up with a single catch.  Sure, a ton of that is Joey and a bunch is Nate, but zero catches on ten attempts?  Lame.  Look at this cut from the gamebook:

2-2-BUF2 (:15) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short right to C.Chambers. Underthrown, receiver in front right corner of end zone.

3-2-BUF2 (:11) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short left to C.Chambers. Dropped, receiver 8 yds. into end zone, along sideline.

4-2-BUF2 (:06) (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete short middle to C.Chambers (R.Denney). Pass tipped at line.

PENALTY on BUF-T.McGee, Defensive Holding, 1 yard, enforced at BUF 2 - No Play. Penalty results in untimed down.

1-1-BUF1 (:00) Untimed play. (Shotgun) C.Lemon pass incomplete to C.Chambers (R.Denney). Pass batted at

Yes, Virginia, that's four passes in a row thrown at Chambers.

872210[/snapback]

So in other words, they targeted their alleged #1 WR almost as much in the last fifteen seconds of the game as they did in the first 59:45.

(On Mike Mularkey's offensive play-calling) - "Nick Saban has a policy with his coaches where they're not allowed to talk to the media so it's very difficult for us as fans or even insiders to know exactly how much influence Mularkey has on the gameplan. But clearly this is the worst possible scenario for the Dolphins. You go through a season like this, and you hope that through the course of the season you start to find out more about your team. But, I think, what we're all seeing is that every week we know less and less about this team."

Welcome to our world, circa 2005...