19,000 Titans vs Bills Tickets left

Why is Pittsburgh & Cleveland considered small market in baseball, but the same logic does not apply to football?

874116[/snapback]

Humm, could it have something to to with MLB's lack of revenue sharing, as opposed to the NFL's (heretofore) relatively equitable split between all 32 teams??? :doh:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as you calling me a looser because I spelled someone's name wrong??  Lets compare paychecks, we will see who the looser is.

874075[/snapback]

Is this not one of the most fitting statements you've ever read? LOSER!

Looser, used in a sentence for the brainiac. My clothes are fitting looser since I've lost weight.

Get it? Moron. :doh:

1. Don't mess with Lori.

2. Do you have insider knowledge on the Denver fan base?  I just can't see people from thew surrounding states (with sparse populuations) traveling hundreds of miles in large numbers to see the Broncos.  How can you say Colorado is a "small portion" of the market?

3. Does anyone know where Bills fans come from?  For me, coming from NYC, and for those who come to games along 20A, Orchard Park is great.  For everyone from Rochester and Niagra Falls (both sides), it can't be that great.

874119[/snapback]

1. Explain to me, Mr. Reading Comprehension, how stating "Lori had some good advice" is messing with her?

2. Yes. And, you have apparently never been to a game at Mile High. It is a SLIGHT exaggeration, but I can say that because when the populations of the rest of the Broncos' market are added up, Colorado makes up slighly less than 1/2 the entire market. It definitely isn't the vast majority of the market as the region noted for the Bills was, and the point I was making was that portion of the market alone is 28% larger than the Bills market is.

3. I know the Bills know where their fan base comes from. I'm not certain what that has to do with the current discussion.

What was the reason for the empty seats the last 3 home games prior to this one?

874135[/snapback]

I was at 2 of the 3 blackout games and will be there this weekend and I must say, the stadium was pretty packed for both. 71,000 attending a 75.000 seat stadium on a rainy december day is not a bad turnout.

I think it will look VERY bad for there to be 40,000 people only at the game on Sunday. Especially at a time when Ralph has been complaining to the league. This fan base has to step up and buy tix and go to games. This has been the best Bills team of the past 6 years and most people are missing it. It's sad. I do thing most of this stems from the hangover of the past 5 yrs. People do not want to invest there emotions again and get let down. I could excuse only 60k being there for the game b/c of X-mas eve but I'm really afraid the number will be closer to 40k. That is a poor showing for an area that prides itself on its fans and dedication to the team. I'll be there---I just hope people who are back on break, vacation etc... get together with old friends buy some very cheap tix and go to the game.

I think it will look VERY bad for there to be 40,000 people only at the game on Sunday.  Especially at a time when Ralph has been complaining to the league.  This fan base has to step up and buy tix and go to games.  This has been the best Bills team of the past 6 years and most people are missing it.  It's sad.  I do thing most of this stems from the hangover of the past 5 yrs.  People do not want to invest there emotions again and get let down.  I could excuse only 60k being there for the game b/c of X-mas eve but I'm really afraid the number will be closer to 40k.  That is a poor showing for an area that prides itself on its fans and dedication to the team.    I'll be there---I just hope people who are back on break, vacation etc...  get together with old friends buy some very cheap tix and go to the game.

874200[/snapback]

There are 18,400 tickets left as of WGN just now. So I hardly think there will only be 40k. hopefully 60k is more accurate when all is said and done

Ok so is the game going to be on TV?  I don't have Sunday ticket and for once, I don't work on a Sunday.

874162[/snapback]

It is probably a good day for you to visit Champs on St Laurent!

Maybe a pregame meal of $2 chow mein from Parfum d'Asie at des Pins and St-Laurent? Or $2 death as some like to call it!

Joyeux Noël!

Boy I hope so---but the tix are not moving at all. Many season ticket holders I've spoken to are not going. I hope you are right. 60k in that stadium gets quite loud and it is the lower bowls that make the most noise. The upper tiers will be mostly empty I think.

As far as you calling me a looser because I spelled someone's name wrong??  Lets compare paychecks, we will see who the looser is.

874075[/snapback]

Can I play too?

Ok it's mostly white with a blue trim going around the outside. There appears to be several watermarks across the left edge. There are also a bunch of numbers and dashes. It has a perforated top edge. I have no idea how any of this qualifies me as either a loser or not though.

Can I play too?

Ok it's mostly white with a blue trim going around the outside.  There appears to be several watermarks across the left edge.  There are also a bunch of numbers and dashes.  It has a perforated top edge.  I have no idea how any of this qualifies me as either a loser or not though.

874214[/snapback]

It sounds as if you and I get the same paycheck....or are you just trying to BE like me? :doh:

18,000 tickets left???

Cheapest tickets in the NFL, team is 7-7 with a slim wildcard hope...18,000?

What has happened to the fan base in WNY?

It is hard to say. I think the biggest reason this is happening:

1. Experience at the stadium has declined- I am not talking about the team on the field, but the fans in general. I'm sorry, but there are quite a few Bills fans now I cannot tolerate. And nor would I ever bring any kids to the games. Obnixious, drunk, fights etc. It's sad. How to fix it? Build a new stadium. With a better facility, I believe you will weed out some of the animals that go to the stadium on Sundays.

Prices will have to go up, but in a league where the CBA is catered to bigger market teams, you have to pony up the $ to keep the team in Buffalo. No way around that.

I can totally understand this game not selling out; earlier this year when folks were making their plans for Christmas weekend it looked certain that the Bills would be out of the playoff hunt. It's understandable that they made other arrangements and it is, after all, Christmas Eve.

That said, I still would have expected a better showing than this. Right now there are only 55K tickets sold, and most of those are season ticket holders who may or may not show up. It's very possible the stadium will be only 2/3 full on Sunday afternoon. That will be extremely disappointing for the biggest game to hit The Ralph since opening day of 2003.

If you're in Buffalo and you're a Bills' fan but you're not going to the game, shame on you.

There are 18,400 tickets left as of WGN just now.  So I hardly think there will only be 40k.  hopefully 60k is more accurate when all is said and done

874208[/snapback]

I'm interested to see how many of the ~43k season ticket seats are actually used.

Humm, could it have something to to with MLB's lack of revenue sharing, as opposed to the NFL's (heretofore) relatively equitable split between all 32 teams???    :doh:

874146[/snapback]

Bottom line:

If the NFL was not perfect for TV money (all the games are once a week, mostly on the same day) it would be worse then baseball. Don't put the NFL on some pedestal, the schedule gives the NFL a MAJOR advantage.

Plus these cheap baseball teams do get $...they pocket that $ and turn a better profit then the bigger market clubs.

I think you are forgetting the 2004 Finale vs Pittsburgh.  That game was even bigger.  Bills won that game:  They were in.

874248[/snapback]

Looking at everything that has transpired between then and now, I dare say it's a good thing we didn't win that one.

Bottom line:

If the NFL was not perfect for TV money (all the games are once a week, mostly on the same day) it would be worse then baseball.  Don't put the NFL on some pedestal, the schedule gives the NFL a MAJOR advantage.

Plus these cheap baseball teams do get $...they pocket that $ and turn a better profit then the bigger market clubs.

874249[/snapback]

yeah but revenue sharing and the salary cap is the reason that the NFL is better than MLB. Without a relatively equal playing field between small-large market clubs, any sports league is going to be subpar. i guess you could say that the "perfect for TV" schedule gives the league the requisite money to allow revenue sharing and the salary cap to be a reality, but you can't have one without the other. The NFL has been light years ahead of MLB because it recognized the need for financial parity long before its time (something MLB hasn't even pulled their head out of the sand about yet) Don't underestimate this vision in the NFL's relative dominance of the marketplace (although, as wilson is complaining about now, it's obviously not a perfect system and is showing signs of tilting towards MLB's disparity)