19,000 Titans vs Bills Tickets left

With all due respect, I think you are going a little overboard.

I love the Bills. It pains me not to see a game. However, I love my family more than the Bills, and being with my family on Christmas eve is of the utmost importance. I like to think I have my priorities straight, not that I don't care about the Bills.

BTW - I was at the Bills game yesterday.

871420[/snapback]

Right on. I've got something like an 80-consecutive-home-game streak going, but if my great-grandmother (and with her, the family Christmas Eve get-together) hadn't passed on several years back, there would be abso-friggin'-lutely NO question where I'd be spending next Sunday evening. Maybe I'd have tried to do both, but if it came down to choosing one, tiny Austin, PA would've beaten Ralph Wilson Stadium by a country mile.

For those of you joining us next Sunday, seeya there. And for those of you spending the day with family, treasure what you still have. (And I'll give you a pass for missing the game. Just this once. :rolleyes: )

Oh, and if I haven't yet congratulated you upon your happy occasion, Jes, I'll hoist a mug in your honor right now:

:rolleyes:

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going up to the game with a bunch of friends but my entire family is coming to the game too (probably not as early as us though). For the first time ever, we'll all be able to throw down a few beers together at a Bills game (my sis is in college now, so she'll be allowed to have a few). After the game, it'll be back to my grandmas for Christmas eve festivities. Luckily, I'll be getting the best of both worlds! :(

They should just move the Bills now and get it over with.  :bag:

Go ahead Ralph, sell the team and move on with your life. Seems the Bills fans in this area are done with the Buffalo Bills.

871269[/snapback]

Is this guy even a BILLS fan?

I Live in Boston, and I will be at the game on Christmas eve with my brother from LA. Oh yeah, I have season tickets. Oh yeah, I was at the game yesterday.

What a moron :(

They should just move the Bills now and get it over with.  :angry:

Go ahead Ralph, sell the team and move on with your life. Seems the Bills fans in this area are done with the Buffalo Bills.

871269[/snapback]

I guess you missed the part where the Bills had the third highest attendence (71,000 +, less than 100 less than second place Atlanta) in the entire NFL. :angry: That was one of the best sporting atmosphere I have ever seen.

I guess Bills fans aren't as good as Jacksonville because they don't block out sections of their stadium. :bag:

Your post and the NFL blackout rule equal Jokecity. :(

Sorry, Lori.....your "show up then" thingy doesnt wash with me. I dont live in the area, but I can tell you that I DO attend at least 30 games a year for my favorite baseball team that I do live close enough to go to regularly. I sat in a sh-------, empty Shea for five years waiting for them to get good again, twice a week, April through September. I put my money where my mouth is.

All I know is almost 20K tixx left for a hot Bills team thats got a good record? Thats not something Bills Nation should be proud of. I dont care if its a holiday. Baseball games are played on Holidays several times a Summer. Fottball games on Thankgiving? Hello? Basketball on Christmas is virtually an institution in America. All these games sell out or draw very, very well. But for us its "Im busy"? "We" are special? Dont buy it. I understand lack of a big advance for the game, but its a bad job by Bills fans if they cant get at least 65K in that place by Sunday.

Perhaps it is a big picture type of thing, since the Bills do well overall with attendance. I dunno. It will be interesting to see what the rest of the league draws next week.

They should just move the Bills now and get it over with.  :(

871269[/snapback]

You should just move on and get it over with. There's no smiley with a gun to it's head.

I bet there will be no more than 20,000 on hand at this game.

Good for me though, I'm going to change my seats.

871719[/snapback]

At the last Christmas Eve game (1995), the Bills were locked into their playoff spot & started Todd Collins against Houston. There weren't that many no-shows, but the stadium started emptying out at halftime. By the 4th quarter, Petrino & I moved to club level 1st row 50 yard line seats because the stadium was virtually empty. We saw Andre Reed make a record breaking catch. At that time, nobody thought the Bills would re-sign Andre and we thought we were seeing the end of a WR era.

Oh, and if I haven't yet congratulated you upon your happy occasion, Jes, I'll hoist a mug in your honor right now:

:bag:

871461[/snapback]

thanks!

i will have you know that she and i HAVE already enjoyed watching the sabres beat the habs from HSBC... see what i mean? she's a KEEPER! :(

count me in that category..sort of...except it is my FIRST xmas with the new in-laws.  they and the new mrs. always do christmas EVE so i didn't even entertain the notion... :(  :bag:

871422[/snapback]

Hell, I'm wife-barred from even watching the game on TV as her family does their holiday sh-- on Eve.

I hate Christmas.

Hell, I'm wife-barred from even watching the game on TV as her family does their holiday sh-- on Eve.

I hate Christmas.

871773[/snapback]

:(

Joe, you just gotta tell her who the boss is and watch anyway! It is good to be king!

How in the heck can she bar you from watching TV? Unless... You pose a problem with your TV habits at other times?...

:bag::angry::angry: