Tim Horton's

generaLee83

i'm canadian living in nyc.

i love tim horton's like mad.

i have been thinking about starting up a franchise or two down here

868935[/snapback]

a couple of my friends looked into trying to open one down south. problem is, wendy's has a VERY SPECIFIC market strategy and to try to start one anywhere but the canada/great lakes area is going to START around $400,000

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good coffee, sandwiches, soup and chili. Unfortunately, the donuts are horrific. Sometimes I'll stop there if I'm in the mood for their coffee, but nothing is good enough to bring be back on a regular basis.

868908[/snapback]

thats because the donuts are no longer made fresh, they are now premade and shipped to the stores frozen where they bake them daily

Terrific coffee at Tim Horton's. Honestly, the best chain coffee I've ever had.

Good sandwiches, good soups.

Donuts leave a lot to be desired...the chocolate frosted ones are passable. Of course, you could put chocolate on a hockey puck, call it a donut, and I'd probably eat it. :rolleyes:

We don't have any Timmy's in the Cleveland area, unfortunately. There are a ton in and around Columbus, because that's where Wendy's (their former parent) is headquartered.

The sad part about it all (Timmy Ho's success) is that #2's widow feels totally cheated and swindled in the whole deal years ago... Must be awful to see your deceased husband's name and the success of the franchise and feel the way she does????...

Not that I am taking sides here... Because I think it is a mutal "screw job" and a bad decision/advice on her part...

It would be great if they came together so I could truly enjoy the place and not be so cynical...

Oh well...

:rolleyes::nana:

After Wendy's spun off the chain last year, it has made more aggressive plans to penetrate the US beyond its base of Western NY/Ohio/Michigan.  There are stores in ten states now, including Connecticut and Massachusetts, so it's probably just a matter of time before it hits the island.

But with Dunkin's strength in New England/Mid-Atlantic (in Boston it's practically a religion), how well will Tim's do in those areas?

868830[/snapback]

It's crazy the hold Dunkin' Donuts has the Boston area - crazy. There's one on practically every corner and they're all busy, all the time. In the morning there are traffic tie ups with people turning into/out of DD. You look over and think, "Wow - has the Lord returned to earth to heal the sick at DD?" :rolleyes: and then you realize, no, just a bunck of people selling coffee and egg sandwiches, and bagels, and muffins, and crossiants, and french toast sticks (it is a little known fact that DD no longer sells donuts :rolleyes: )

It's crazy the hold Dunkin' Donuts has the Boston area - crazy. There's one on practically every corner and they're all busy, all the time. In the morning there are traffic tie ups with people turning into/out of DD. You look over and think, "Wow - has the Lord returned to earth to heal the sick at DD?"  :rolleyes: and then you realize, no, just a bunck of people selling coffee and egg sandwiches, and bagels, and muffins, and crossiants, and french toast sticks (it is a little known fact that DD no longer sells donuts  :rolleyes: )

871011[/snapback]

You've just described Tim Hortons in Canada

A couple of years ago I tried to pursue two franchises in

Tennessee and Southern Virginia. T. H. was just not interested.

870497[/snapback]

Isn't that Krispy Kreme territory? They've closed a bunch of KK's up here in northern Virginia...there used to be one on Leesburg Pike in Bailey's Crossroads that I frequented frequently, but alas, that has gone the way of Carrols restaurants.

I know KK has had some financial difficulties in recent years, but I believe they're still king in the South.

Isn't that Krispy Kreme territory?  They've closed a bunch of KK's up here in northern Virginia...there used to be one on Leesburg Pike in Bailey's Crossroads that I frequented frequently, but alas, that has gone the way of Carrols restaurants.

I know KK has had some financial difficulties in recent years, but I believe they're still king in the South.

871194[/snapback]

A Tim Horton's coffee with a Krisp Kreme doughnut (only if the "Hot Now" sign is on). That would be a beautiful thing.

I wonder how many there are on this board who don't even know who Tim Horton is (was)...

871546[/snapback]

Come on... Everybody remembers who #2 was... :(:bag:

As much as Buffalo Sabres' fans slack the Leafs our bond (not just #2) to our northern brothers was the impetus for this truly great Buffalo franchise!

Imlach and Horton... Bled Sabres' Blue and Gold... Even being such a young/new team...

I remember Tim Horton kicking the beignes out of Dave Shultz.

I recommend les Crème Bostons (Boston Cream) and les Rousettes (Crullers).

Before expansion to the U.S., stopping at the Tim Horton's in Fort Erie was part of our family routine when visiting my grandfather. I believe it was on Garrison Road.

Biography:

http://www.timhortons.com/en/about/aboutus_bios.html

Official site (can their be an unofficial one?)

http://www.timhortons.com/

En Francais:

http://www.timhortons.com/fr/index.html

On the way to every game this year we drive by Tim Hortons on route 20A, what kind of joint is this?

Coffee? burgers?

Is it worth stopping?

868774[/snapback]

You must be really confused at games when you see a giant coffee cup with Tim Horton's written across it pouring coffee for fans during the game! Plus, the "Coffee Coffee" chants on the scoreboard for free cup of coffee when the Bills score 2 TD's. I would think burger joint as well.

Isn't that Krispy Kreme territory?  They've closed a bunch of KK's up here in northern Virginia...there used to be one on Leesburg Pike in Bailey's Crossroads that I frequented frequently, but alas, that has gone the way of Carrols restaurants.

871194[/snapback]

Krispy Kreme is still big here, although I'm not much of a fan. I can't drive by a Dunkin Donuts or a Tim Horton's. Maybe I'm better off not pursuing an opportunity to bring these things closer to me!

I've not been in a doughnut shop for years.

Because they stopped selling plain fry cakes, peanut sticks (also a fry cake), and have seen fit to make even a basic glazed doughnut a dripping mass of sugar icing.

The appeal of doughnuts used to be because you could purchase a rich, yet light dough blend, with a bit of topping as well as the fry cake variety without having to fry at home. Tasty, with substance, and even as a light dough, a bit of chew to them.

I do not like these current high fructose corn syrup bombs...an insult to the pastry skills. :(

Edited by stuckincincy

I've not been in a doughnut shop for years.

Because they stopped selling plain fry cakes, peanut sticks (also a fry cake), and have seen fit to make even a basic glazed doughnut a dripping mass of sugar icing.

The appeal of doughnuts used to be because you could purchase a rich, yet light dough blend, with a bit of topping as well as the fry cake variety without having to fry at home. Tasty, with substance, and even as a light dough, a bit of chew to them.

I do not like these current  high fructose corn syrup bombs...an insult to the pastry skills. :nana:

872484[/snapback]

Well! Somebody is uppity!

;)

Tim Hortons has the best donuts on the face of the planet, plain and simple.

I even convinced Puhonix, the dolphin-loving mexican :nana: to love Hortons.

872841[/snapback]

I'm surprised. I find their donuts repulsive but their chocolate and cheese croissants to be the best ever. I don't know if they sell them in the American franchises but they are a delight with a coffee in the morning.