Wade Phillips Syndrome

JDG

Can someone please riddle me this....

So, the Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in about two years, they are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they are facing a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and for third place in the division at worst......

AND OUR COACH IS MAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT NEXT SEASON???!!!???!!!

Good grief :oops:

JDG

P.S. Not to say that there is any evidence for a serious argument about this decision, I just wonder about the timing of making it a subject for discussion at the moment.....

Maybe to publically express their confidence in Losman and encourage the team to build on what they've done so far? It's not like this is exactly stirring up any controversy, so I can't imagine it being a distraction.

So, the Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in about two years, they are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they are facing a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and  for third place in the division at worst......

Good grief    :oops:

JDG

P.S. Not to say that there is any evidence for a serious argument about this decision, I just wonder about the timing of making it a subject for discussion at the moment.....

867127[/snapback]

To give our starting QB an added boost of confidence heading into a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and for third place in the division at worst?

"It's a little exciting. It makes you want to work even harder and study a little bit more to prove him right," Losman said. "But at the same time, either way, I've got my own expectations and goals that I'm setting for myself."

To give our starting QB an added boost of confidence heading into a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and for third place in the division at worst?

"It's a little exciting. It makes you want to work even harder and study a little bit more to prove him right," Losman said. "But at the same time, either way, I've got my own expectations and goals that I'm setting for myself."

867143[/snapback]

You may be right. Even though it was blatantly obvious Losman would start, one of the best qualities of a good coach, something Lombardi and Parcells and Bellidick and other good coaches have been able to do is coddle certain guys and bite the ass off others, depending on the players individual psyches. There may have been something in Losman that Jauron saw, as little things increased his confidence in himself and his teammates, like the last quarter wins, and the bombs to Evans, that made Jauron believe this little added bit of public confidence from his coaches could add a touch to his growing bravura.

You may be right. Even though it was blatantly obvious Losman would start, one of the best qualities of a good coach, something Lombardi and Parcells and Bellidick and other good coaches have been able to do is coddle certain guys and bite the ass off others, depending on the players individual psyches. There may have been something in Losman that Jauron saw, as little things increased his confidence in himself and his teammates, like the last quarter wins, and the bombs to Evans, that made Jauron believe this little added bit of public confidence from his coaches could add a touch to his growing bravura.

867161[/snapback]

Especially when the kid's first pro head coach had a quick hook. Nothing wrong with saying, "Hey, J.P., you're our quarterback."

I think the Dolphins signing Shane Matthews sucked away Jauron's only other alternative-- so why not announce....

(addendum for those with recessive sarcasm genes :oops::lol::lol:;);) )

Does anyone really believe that JP hasn't earned this? What games have you been watching? You want to draft another freaking rookie or sign Aaron Brooks or some other schlub? I still don't see the fascination with Nall -- other than the normal back-up QB envy. Who cares when they announce the commitment to JP?

I guess some just love uncertainty and instability...sorry--the better part of 10 years of that at QB is enough for me...

So, the Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in about two years, they are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they are facing a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and  for third place in the division at worst......

Good grief    :oops:

JDG

867127[/snapback]

I just don't see how the rest of the team can concentrate on the game this week with this kind of distraction. Nothing distracts players like knowing the QB position is set for the foreseeable future.

Maybe a reporter asked him a question and he answered it? I mean, seriously, stranger things have happened.

867138[/snapback]

But why is he answering questions about next season?

But why is he answering questions about next season?

867279[/snapback]

Why is he 'hypothetically' answering possible questions about next season?

Maybe because somebody asked.....and to refuse answer would open up a can of worms.....

REPORTER..."So Dick.....now that JP is showing the goods on a weekly basis, what's his status for next season?"

DICK...."Please keep all questions to this season. Thanks."

HEADLINE...."LOSMANS' FUTURE IN BUFFALO UNCERTAIN!!"

Then again, there might not have been any questions in the first place & Dick might simply have wanted to show support to his QB.

BIG DICK J. is simply coaching his QB and by example his team.........

With Mularkey coming to town, Seems to me he just wants the boy to RELAX a bit.....

All this news has got me, VERY pumped up for the fins.......

Lets just hope the team responds in a very very BIG way.....

Bills 36 Fins 17.......Go Bills!!!!

Wade Phillips (and this is simply a drunken, life-long, Bills fan who has been tortured his entire life by this God-foresaken team) is the only retarded head coach in Bills history to not, i say NOT....yes that is NOT IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT DAY, NOT wear a headset....how does he communicate with his staff? Explain.....?

Wade Phillips should be shot, publicly. Niagara Square comes to mind.

Wade Phillips (and this is simply a drunken, life-long, Bills fan who has been tortured his entire life by this God-foresaken team) is the only retarded head coach in Bills history to not, i say NOT....yes that is NOT IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT DAY, NOT wear a headset....how does he communicate with his staff? Explain.....?

Wade Phillips should be shot, publicly. Niagara Square comes to mind.

867450[/snapback]

I hear the Raiders are looking for some new fans. You might want to try there. :ph34r: