Wade Phillips Syndrome

JDG

Wade Phillips (and this is simply a drunken, life-long, Bills fan who has been tortured his entire life by this God-foresaken team) is the only retarded head coach in Bills history to not, i say NOT....yes that is NOT IN THE TECHNOLOGICAL ADVANCEMENT DAY, NOT wear a headset....how does he communicate with his staff? Explain.....?

Wade Phillips should be shot, publicly. Niagara Square comes to mind.

867450[/snapback]

...and yet, he coached the Bills to two playoff appearances in three seasons...

Get over it.

If Mularkey had stayed on as HC here, he would have announced three weeks ago - after Holcomb's third consecutive start – and loss, that he was going to have an open QB competition come training camp. Mularkey would have reduced JP to reading comic books on the sidelines while Holcomb and Nall were tearing up the record book of bad performances. Sam Wyche would be comatose from watching surfing movies with JP all week long to mentally prepare him for another season of riding the pine.

Did 'ja ever think that just maybe he's signaling to Holcomb's agent in a gentlemanly way that KH is persona-non-grata in '07 and to start making inquiries on behalf of his client for job openings around the league? It's never to early to get started what with Droo Bledsoe about to come on the market and all. The tasty spots go quickly and someone with KH's vast talents should receive the pick of the litter. :ph34r:

REPORTER..."So Dick.....now that JP is showing the goods on a weekly basis, what's his status for next season?"

DICK...."Please keep all questions to this season.  Thanks."

HEADLINE...."LOSMANS' FUTURE IN BUFFALO UNCERTAIN!!"

867287[/snapback]

Hilarious!! :ph34r:

That's how it works.

Can someone please riddle me this....

So, the Bills are coming off one of their biggest wins in about two years, they are not yet mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, and they are facing a huge December home game against our arch-rivals in an elimination game at best, and  for third place in the division at worst......

AND OUR COACH IS MAKING ANNOUNCEMENTS ABOUT NEXT SEASON???!!!???!!!

[snip]

P.S. Not to say that there is any evidence for a serious argument about this decision, I just wonder about the timing of making it a subject for discussion at the moment.....

867127[/snapback]

Well, I'd hesitate to say that this is very Wade-like. To me, Wade just seemed like a guy who was completely out of touch and made decisions based on the previous 5 minutes.

At least Jauron seems like he communicates with people. And again, I wonder if this was a planned announcement - like a team announcing a new head coach - or if he was just answering a reporter's question.

Why is he 'hypothetically' answering possible questions about next season?

Maybe because somebody asked.....and to refuse answer would open up a can of worms.....

REPORTER..."So Dick.....now that JP is showing the goods on a weekly basis, what's his status for next season?"

DICK...."Please keep all questions to this season.  Thanks."

HEADLINE...."LOSMANS' FUTURE IN BUFFALO UNCERTAIN!!"

Then again, there might not have been any questions in the first place & Dick might simply have wanted to show support to his QB.

867287[/snapback]

A nice theory... but it only works if you honestly believe that this was the first week that Dick Jauron was asked that question.

I personally don't believe that for a second....

JDG

A nice theory... but it only works if you honestly believe that this was the first week that Dick Jauron was asked that question.

I personally don't believe that for a second....

JDG

868147[/snapback]

You do realize, I would imagine, that the GM and HC and OC and QB coach talk all the time, don't you? I mean, they work in the same building for the same company.

And the subject may come up time to time, just for example, while watching practice every day, or watching film of the games every Monday, as to how our quarterback is doing. They refer to him as "Seven", or sometimes even by his real name. Like, for example, they may say, "Wow, did you see that?" and then they elbow each other. Stuff like that. I think it kinda happens every week that they get together like this for films. And what's great is the films are delivered to them. It's like Netflix, only these are films about football.

And then, like, when they see good stuff they say good things to each other about what they see, and when they see bad stuff, they say bad things to each other about what they see. Are you following me here?

And week after week, after seeing a lot more good stuff than bad stuff, and more great stuff than terrible stuff, the conversation kinda evolves. And then they say stuff like, "Seven is really getting it." Or, "Golly, I wish we had him for our quarterback next year, because this kid is looking better and better and does all the stuff we ask him to. And sometimes more." And then another guy will chip in and say stuff like, "And lately we're winning more games than we're losing" And even though wins are known to devastate a franchise, they kinda like it because their kids don't get so much crud at school.

And then, after, say, six straight weeks of this, one of them says, "I really think he's our guy. He works hard, he listens, he produces, he has all the talent in the world, his teammates seem to respond to him, he's produced victories in the last minute, he's thrown every pass, everyone seems to like him except JDG, Deluca and some friggin' abortion called Holcomb's Arm, he's got a decent if not good numbers compared to other quarterbacks, he likes Buffalo and Buffalo responds to him, and he keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see what he can do next year with a full season as a starter under his belt."

And when no one in the room disagrees, it's just assumed by all of them, because they talked about it all day, that this Seven dude, barring injury or something unforeseen, will be the QB next year, too.

So when John Wawrow, who happens to be around all the time during football season dabbing a pen on his tongue and asking pointed questions, at least the last decade or so, asks a little ditty about Losman and what he has proven, the HC can say "We like Seven. A lot. He's our guy. We're excited about his future here, as well as the team's. He's our guy for next year, too. He's earned it."

You do realize, I would imagine, that the GM and HC and OC and QB coach talk all the time, don't you? I mean, they work in the same building for the same company.

And the subject may come up time to time, just for example, while watching practice every day, or watching film of the games every Monday, as to how our quarterback is doing. They refer to him as "Seven", or sometimes even by his real name. Like, for example, they may say, "Wow, did you see that?" and then they elbow each other. Stuff like that. I think it kinda happens every week that they get together like this for films. And what's great is the films are delivered to them. It's like Netflix, only these are films about football.

And then, like, when they see good stuff they say good things to each other about what they see, and when they see bad stuff, they say bad things to each other about what they see. Are you following me here?

And week after week, after seeing a lot more good stuff than bad stuff, and more great stuff than terrible stuff, the conversation kinda evolves. And then they say stuff like, "Seven is really getting it." Or, "Golly, I wish we had him for our quarterback next year, because this kid is looking better and better and does all the stuff we ask him to. And sometimes more." And then another guy will chip in and say stuff like, "And lately we're winning more games than we're losing" And even though wins are known to devastate a franchise, they kinda like it because their kids don't get so much crud at school.

And then, after, say, six straight weeks of this, one of them says, "I really think he's our guy. He works hard, he listens, he produces, he has all the talent in the world, his teammates seem to respond to him, he's produced victories in the last minute, he's thrown every pass, everyone seems to like him except JDG, Deluca and some friggin' abortion called Holcomb's Arm, he's got a decent if not good numbers compared to other quarterbacks, he likes Buffalo and Buffalo responds to him, and he keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to see what he can do next year with a full season as a starter under his belt."

And when no one in the room disagrees, it's just assumed by all of them, because they talked about it all day, that this Seven dude, barring injury or something unforeseen, will be the QB next year, too.

So when John Wawrow, who happens to be around all the time during football season dabbing a pen on his tongue and asking pointed questions, at least the last decade or so, asks a little ditty about Losman and what he has proven, the HC can say "We like Seven. A lot. He's our guy. We're excited about his future here, as well as the team's. He's our guy for next year, too. He's earned it."

868164[/snapback]

It's really sad that you have to go to soooooooo much trouble spelling out an obvious situation to explain why the overreaction to an innocuous event is an overreaction.

After all that, I bet certain people still won't acknowledge your point though.

868164[/snapback]

:lol:

Hilarious stuff :doh:

867143[/snapback]

You may be right. Even though it was blatantly obvious Losman would start, one of the best qualities of a good coach, something Lombardi and Parcells and Bellidick and other good coaches have been able to do is coddle certain guys and bite the ass off others, depending on the players individual psyches. There may have been something in Losman that Jauron saw, as little things increased his confidence in himself and his teammates, like the last quarter wins, and the bombs to Evans, that made Jauron believe this little added bit of public confidence from his coaches could add a touch to his growing bravura.

867161[/snapback]

Careful - you don't want to be accused of using dimestore Psychology as an argument - no matter how much it makes sense - and yeah - I'm back :lol: