Blackout Deadline Extended!

rockpile

Today Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:02 PM ET | Link

BLACKOUT EXTENSION: The Buffalo Bills have requested and been granted an extension by the NFL to sell out Sunday’s game against the Miami Dolphins in Ralph Wilson Stadium at 1:00 pm.

The team must sell the remaining 5,000 tickets by Friday at 1:00 pm to comply with the National Football League’s Blackout policy. If the game is not sold out by tomorrow’s deadline, the game will not be televised locally.

The 5,000 remaining tickets are available in person at the Ralph Wilson Stadium box office, The Bills Store in the Eastview Mall in Rochester, and all Ticketmaster outlets. Tickets are also available online as well as via telephone by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS and 716-649-0015.

---

I don't think that the Bills are counting on individuals for the remaining tickets - they've sold 1800 since Sunday nite, so 5000 in less than 24 hours would be a huge reach.

I am guessing the reason for the extension is that their sales staff is working overtime to line up multiple corporate buyers, such as Wegman's, Time Warner, etc., and maybe even WIVB-TV (Ch. 4) - who can sell commercials to Billy Fucillo, Max Pies, Mattress City, et al for much more $$$ if the Bills are on (vs. a game featuring other teams).

I believe last season Ralph also "stepped up to the plate" around this time of year, buying up several thousand seats and donating them to families of our armed forces serving in the Middle East.

But hey, if you wanna be sure to see the game live, get out there and buy a ticket!

SQUISH THE FISH!!!

I am guessing the reason for the extension is that their sales staff is working overtime to line up multiple corporate buyers, such as Wegman's, Time Warner, etc.,  and maybe even WIVB-TV (Ch. 4) - who can sell commercials to Billy Fucillo, ....

SQUISH THE FISH!!!

866775[/snapback]

If he bought a HUGE *wink-wink* number of tickets, I would have the decency to not hit the mute button or change the channel when his commercials came on....for at least a week or so.

the National Football League’s Blackout policy

This is the biggest part of the joke...this is a "policy" in word only...notice how many times this so-call "deadline" has been extended through the years. "The four o'clock flip-flop?" Yeah right. Even in the Glory Years, I remember extensions being given based on "...it being the holiday season."

Look, all Ralph needs to say is that "I insist this game be televised," and that's that. There is no rule, there is no law, there are no deadlines. The stipulation imposed by Congress over 30 years ago gives the league and individual teams plenty of wiggle room here, including letting a team, Jax, put tarp on their upper deck corner seating. Remember the Syracuse viewing area magically in the 75 mile-viewing area a couple of years ago? Was this league "policy" or the league following the "law?" This is a "policy" that changes week to week, year to year.

It's a lame joke...the NFL, "King of the World," yet the only sports league left with a blackout "policy." Amazing.... :oops:

Look, all Ralph needs to say is that "I insist this game be televised," and that's that.  There is no rule, there is no law, there are no deadlines.  The stipulation imposed by Congress over 30 years ago gives the league and individual teams plenty of wiggle room here, including letting a team, Jax, put tarp on their upper deck corner seating.  Remember the Syracuse viewing area magically in the 75 mile-viewing area a couple of years ago?  Was this league "policy" or the league following the "law?"  This is a "policy" that changes week to week, year to year.

866966[/snapback]

The problem now is that the Syracuse CBS station is carried on Rochesters Time Warner franchise.