Update: Blacked Out

It doesn't help the Bills either when people buy their tickets off of e-bay...you're buying a ticket that has already been sold, so you're not putting a dent in that 6,500. It doesn't matter if those season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets don't show up, if their seat is sold, it still counts toward the sell out. What we need is people buying those upper deck seats.

864188[/snapback]

Welcome to the year 2006.

Everyone faces that problem.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't help the Bills either when people buy their tickets off of e-bay...you're buying a ticket that has already been sold, so you're not putting a dent in that 6,500. It doesn't matter if those season ticket holders trying to sell their tickets don't show up, if their seat is sold, it still counts toward the sell out. What we need is people buying those upper deck seats.

864188[/snapback]

You mean upper deck CORNER SEATS... Which are gonna be even harder... Couple that with the other problems I mentioned...

I have said before... For the fans "eating their own" by knocking the other fans... under 10k is "chump change"... Given the size of the Ralph and the WNY/CNY/ONT huge market area...

I read Rock's history everyday... The one's that strike me as intriguing are when he posts about the lean years and the low numbers... Think 6.5k left is bad?... Even now when there is a bad BFLO team the Ralph nears capacity... Read his history, now 1977 was a lean year... Lowest ever at Rich was like 22k... WOW! Then you can hijack and blame your (not you specifically) fans!

:bag:

Peabody's in Saratoga Springs is cool. Great wings!

The whole Myhammy Fins thing has been pretty much been scoffed at by most fans here.

Let us trace the roots: Ralph Wilson can not get access to the Orange Bowl back in '58...managed to convince most of the sycophants in the Buffalo media ('specially the old goats from the News) that there is an actual rivalry..though Miami might beg to differ...and true to Buffalo tradition they licked Ralph's ass just because we should be fortunate that we have a major league team in Buffalo...does anyone really count hockey?

Flash forward a few years ago and the Bills have the opportunity to join a division with natuaral geographic regional interest..say Pittsburgh and Cleveland..and Ralph moans and wails and licks his palms.

If we were playing Pittsburgh or Cleveland next week does anyone really believe the game would be blacked out?

If we were playing Pittsburgh or Cleveland next week does anyone really believe the game would be blacked out?

865081[/snapback]

No, which is why I still say when they re-did the divisions, they should have made all of them regional, so fans can easily travel from other cities. So we should have been placed with Cleveland, Cincy, and Pitt.

They really need to pull a Jacksonville and tarp up about 6,000 to 9,000 upper deck seats. The stadium capacity for this market should really be in the Low 60K range. The lost revenue on 9,000 seats cannot be that much when you consider how much TV money they get in addition to the residual benefits of selling out more home games.

No, which is why I still say when they re-did the divisions, they should have made all of them regional, so fans can easily travel from other cities. So we should have been placed with Cleveland, Cincy, and Pitt.

865151[/snapback]

Which is of course my point. You're smart enough to know tha being in a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Cincy made sense but that ancient coot Montgomery Wilson is too darn alzheimers addled to know that the regional rivalries made the most logical sense.

So we're stuck with meaningless games against Miami and New England....I mean who cares?

The Jets could be a decent rival because of all the ignorant UB/Buff State Longed Island fratboys that cause trouble at the stadium.

Ralph Wilson is evil...but he'll die soon.

Which is of course my point. You're smart enough to know tha being in a division with Cleveland and Pittsburgh and Cincy made sense but that ancient coot Montgomery Wilson is too darn alzheimers addled to know that the regional rivalries made the most logical sense.

So we're stuck with meaningless games against Miami and New England....I mean who cares?

The Jets could be a decent rival because of all the ignorant UB/Buff State Longed Island fratboys that cause trouble at the stadium.

Ralph Wilson is evil...but he'll die soon.

865173[/snapback]

Have you started to be a Bills fan last week? your ignorance of the Bills history and tradition is impressing!! the Miami rivalry not a true rivalry?? give me a break!

They really need to pull a Jacksonville and tarp up about 6,000 to 9,000 upper deck seats.  The stadium capacity for this market should really be in the Low 60K range.  The lost revenue on 9,000 seats cannot be that much when you consider how much TV money they get in addition to the residual benefits of selling out more home games.

865172[/snapback]

Didn't Detroit lower their seating capacity too?

I'd go to the game but I have to work...and even then I'm not sure I'd enjoy myself.

I've been a season ticket holder as recently as '04 and have been to a couple games this year but have found the experience to be completely lacking in anything remotely fun.

Have you started to be a Bills fan last week? your ignorance of the Bills history and tradition is impressing!! the Miami rivalry not a true rivalry?? give me a break!

865174[/snapback]

Only someone ignorant to be a Red Sox fan would use the term "impressing".

I've been going to games since I saw Brodie and the Niners at the old War Memorial.

And I still live here.

Try doing some research.

Only someone ignorant to be a Red Sox fan would use the term "impressing".

865176[/snapback]

I don't think I ever get tired of people who rip on others for being ignorant because they made a grammatical error, while making a grammatical error themselves.

"...someone ignorant to be..."? Terrible sentence structure. Come on Joey Balls. Your name implies that you're smarter than that. Buck up.

I don't think I ever get tired of people who rip on others for being ignorant because they made a grammatical error, while making a grammatical error themselves. 

"...someone ignorant to be..."?  Terrible sentence structure.  Come on Joey Balls.  Your name implies that you're smarter than that.  Buck up.

865191[/snapback]

Sorry, next time i'll use my mother tongue, i promise you'll not find any grammatical mistake... Joey Balls you speak and write perfect French i'm sure!! So you'll appreciate my style and grammar!

You're such an impressive man! :w00t::P

Being at the last 2 homes games; the upper corners will be the empty seats, way back in the late 80's/early 90's I remember freezing my balls off in those seats...a lot of people don't want those seats in December, even though it should be decent out....which is prolly why it wasn't sold out earlier...

I'm a little sad/surprised to see that the Fins game didn't sell out...if we were 7-6, it would be

We had plans to go, but due to the holiday and its requirements; we can't make it

:D:P

This is something I can get over though, knowing one of my Christmas presents, that I can't use until Sept 2007; Season tix in Section 127

:doh::w00t:

I will be there with 9 others for our annual "Winnebago Day" all the way from Chi town to watch the squishing of the Phish!

Go Bills.

How about Rich Prod, or M & T scoop up the tix to avoid the blackout...let's go, its Miami week for goodness sake.

865268[/snapback]

I can't understand why THIS game isn't sold out.

It's miami, the Bills are playing well, and, well, wtf else is there to do in Buffalo?

It's pathetic. If I was any closer than 6 hours away, I'd have a ticket to this game.

I can't understand why THIS game isn't sold out.

It's miami, the Bills are playing well, and, well, wtf else is there to do in Buffalo?

It's pathetic. If I was any closer than 6 hours away, I'd have a ticket to this game.

865271[/snapback]

Joe:

I'll do something crazy here...if you can commit (I know that you've got a wife and kid, so its a totally different situation than me) to making the trip, I'll do the same. I've already sold my season tickets, but I'd be willing to buy another on a whim if I could get motivated...it'd be rough...one of those "drive up by myself at 4am and get a cheap hotel on the way home kind of deals".

Joe:

I'll do something crazy here...if you can commit (I know that you've got a wife and kid, so its a totally different situation than me) to making the trip, I'll do the same.  I've already sold my season tickets, but I'd be willing to buy another on a whim if I could get motivated...it'd be rough...one of those "drive up by myself at 4am and get a cheap hotel on the way home kind of deals".

865286[/snapback]

Wow.

It's what, Wednesday?

Holy hell.

Well, I've got a Xmas party on Saturday, so I'd have to do an early-morning driveup on sunday.

Lemme think on it.

I've been itching to go to another game.