Update: Blacked Out

I don't think I ever get tired of people who rip on others for being ignorant because they made a grammatical error, while making a grammatical error themselves. 

"...someone ignorant to be..."?  Terrible sentence structure.  Come on Joey Balls.  Your name implies that you're smarter than that.  Buck up.

865191[/snapback]

So I forgot the word "enough" before I hit send. I also used "are" instead of "our" in my previous post. My point is what the frenchy chap failed to recognise that the Miami/Buffalo "rivalry" exists only in the minds of the decrepit Ralph and people like Ed Kilgore and Larry Felser.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills are 6-3 against Miami the past 5 years.

866078[/snapback]

And the Bils are 34-50-1 overall against Miami.

'

What's your point? Do you still get excited about that barnburning Miami match-up?

I know I certainly don't.

Piitsburgh and Cleveland on the other hand generate a lot of excitement when they come to town. Anyone who was at the final 2004 game against the Steelers can attest to that.

Miami became the rivalry because of all of the times they beat Buffalo in, I believe the 80's.  Basically we lost to them every time they played for a decade.  Easy.

As of late Miami has the winning edge at the Ralph. However, Buffalo has won (again), I believe 5 of their 6 meetings.

866076[/snapback]

Nah it was the seventies when Miami won every game. Still, that's supposed to be what constitutes a "rivalry", one team kicking the other team's ass year in and year out?

'

What's your point? Do you still get excited about that barnburning Miami match-up?

Piitsburgh and Cleveland on the other hand generate a lot of excitement when they come to town. Anyone who was at the final 2004 game against the Steelers can attest to that.

I get more excited for the Miami matchup than any non-divisional matchup, period. And it goes back to the Kelly-Marino days, while for many it goes all the way back to the 70's.

I get more excited for the Miami matchup than any non-divisional matchup, period.  And it goes back to the Kelly-Marino days, while for many it goes all the way back to the 70's.

866118[/snapback]

Sorry, I'm from that seventies era (I attended the Dempsey flub in a full scale rainstorm in '79 and the goalpost game in the opener in '80) and the "rivalry" has lost a lot of its lustre to me.

But you are like many fans who still hold the Miami game to be special time of year and that's fine.

I call that conditioning.

I'll be buying 2 tickets first thing in the morning...decided that the perfect gift for my dad this Christmas was to take him to another Bills game (this will be #3 this year) all expenses paid.

866135[/snapback]

Uhmmm, I guess no one told you, you've been banned from the stadium for the rest of the season. We want to see the Bills win, and your record of seeing them live is what now, 0-7?

Uhmmm, I guess no one told you, you've been banned from the stadium for the rest of the season. We want to see the Bills win, and your record of seeing them live is what now, 0-7?

866155[/snapback]

0-5 this season, 7 straight losses....tides gotta turn sometime, right?

See you at the pole?

Can't you wait for next season?  :thumbsup:

I'll be at the pole, not sure what time we'll get there yet.

866179[/snapback]

Current plan for me is to leave Cincy ~3:30am, meet my dad in Cleveland ~7:30am, be in Hammers ~11am. We won't be tailgating beforehand, but we'll plan on hanging out for a while afterwards - drive back to Erie Sunday night, spend the night, then head back Monday morning.

I believe we had till friday correct?

866191[/snapback]

No disrespect, but I could care less what time the blackout deadline is. If you don't have a ticket, oh well, listen to the damn thing on radio.

I'll be up from Virginia. I can't wait. The last few games have been fantastic, and the stadium has been a "clean" kind of rowdy, despite the non-sellouts.

All I ask for is that the Bills play an exciting brand of football, to make my season tickets worth it. They have done that this season.....especially the last three or so home games.

'

866086[/snapback]

you have to remember they were 20-0 against us in the 70s though. The last 25 year, I think we have actually have had the upper hand against the dolphins. We are the reason Marino never got to a second super bowl & we put shula into retirement after that one playoff game.

Just before my 1 year suspension I said the JP experiment could cost us the franchise. We were a Lindell FG away from the playoffs before the dice were rolled.

Two prototype California QB's may have doomed us.

866097[/snapback]

Geez, what do you have to do on this board to get suspended for a year?