Update: Blacked Out

Wow.

It's what, Wednesday?

Holy hell.

Well, I've got a Xmas party on Saturday, so I'd have to do an early-morning driveup on sunday.

Lemme think on it.

I've been itching to go to another game.

865289[/snapback]

Joe: you kitty...... :w00t: ...lay your foot down and go with UDONKEY.....hell...you can even tailgate with the EZC....it shall be rocking once again!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'bout 360 for me.

It would be one LONG day, that's for sure.

865331[/snapback]

I did it for the January '04 (?) Steelers game (the one that we had to win to make the playoffs)...lets just say that I can't promise that you won't be hallucinating by the time you make it home due to lack of sleep, but it sure makes a hell of story, and an even better time if the Bills win (against the Phish, no less)

i'd love ot go to the game this weekend. But the 18-20 hr drive up from tallahassee is a bit too far for 1 weekend! :w00t:

I tried to get more time off for xmas so i could fly home early for the game, but couldnt. I wont be back in buffalo until next thursday :P

I'll hafta settle for watching the game down here and bashing puhonix.

We've been selling that thing out quite a bit prior to this year, correct? People are just getting sick of watching the team lose year after year. When they react the way that one would expect (with their hard earned money), they're made to feel guity for not supporting the local team. The fix is to field a good team (which, thank God, it looks as though we're in the process of finally doing!!).

My little rant aside, if I lived within 200 miles - hell 400 miles - I'd be up there a couple/three times a year. The ~1000 ride between OP and the Atlanta 'burbs is just too damn long. If I ever make it back up there I think the first thing I do is contact the Bills' season ticket office. Not because I feel the urge to "do my part" but because I want to see my team play, suck or no suck.

-Jeff

I did it for the January '04 (?) Steelers game (the one that we had to win to make the playoffs)...lets just say that I can't promise that you won't be hallucinating by the time you make it home due to lack of sleep, but it sure makes a hell of story, and an even better time if the Bills win (against the Phish, no less)

865335[/snapback]

Indeed.

how much you think I can get a ticket for?

to fly from Newark is $250 round trip.

Indeed.

how much you think I can get a ticket for?

to fly from Newark is $250 round trip.

865352[/snapback]

We went the ticketmaster route for the Chargers game (I had 2 tickets, we needed 3 total) and ended up spending ~$60/ea for upper deck...if the idea is to help the "cause", thats probably the way to do it, although tickets are no doubt available from scalpers/ebay/tsw for much less

Didn't Detroit lower their seating capacity too?

I'd go to the game but I have to work...and even then I'm not sure I'd enjoy myself.

I've been a season ticket holder as recently as '04 and have been to a couple games this year but have found the experience to be completely lacking in anything remotely fun.

865175[/snapback]

Kind of like reading your posts!

actually it is a very good marketing plan, the Bills, even when bad would be able to sell out the stadium, and when they are good, the place would sell out quickly and drive rices for tickets up because there is more of a demand for less seats.

Jacksonville does it, they covered up 10,000 seats so they could sell out every game, the only problem is they cannot sell any of those seats even if they sell out the rest of the stadium.

864113[/snapback]

Correct. Not only do we need a new stadium(not in Orchard Park), it MUSt have about 10,000 fewer seats. This would bring us more in line with the NFL average. It would also decrease supply, thereby increasing demand. The Bills average ticket price is also too low. Remove 10,000 seats and raise the ticket price. You will get 63,000 and a sellout consistently whether the Bills are winning or not. The problem is not the "economy" per se. It is too much supply, and little demand when the Bills are losing. The 10,000 or so "wait and see" buyers aren't interested with the playoffs unlikely.

Sorry, next time i'll use my mother tongue, i promise you'll not find any grammatical mistake...  Joey Balls you speak and write perfect French i'm sure!! So you'll appreciate my style and grammar!

You're such an impressive man!  :thumbsup:  :lol:

865227[/snapback]

I'm just asking you to do the research on how Miami became a supposed "rival", a completely manufactured event courtesy of Ralph and the local media.

Instead you trumpet the party line about what an excellent rivalry it supposedly is without any validity or facts. A rivalry is supposed to be a matching of two teams of equal strength. Look at the record you buffoon before you start criticizing me. I believe Miami has pretty much kicked are ass on a consistent basis.

So much for your "rivalry" pal.

I'm just asking you to do the research on how Miami became a supposed "rival", a completely manufactured event courtesy of Ralph and the local media.

Instead you trumpet the party line about what an excellent rivalry it supposedly is without any validity or facts. A rivalry is supposed to be a matching of two teams of equal strength. Look at the record you buffoon before you start criticizing me. I believe Miami has pretty much kicked are ass on a consistent basis.

So much for your "rivalry" pal.

866072[/snapback]

Miami became the rivalry because of all of the times they beat Buffalo in, I believe the 80's. Basically we lost to them every time they played for a decade. Easy.

As of late Miami has the winning edge at the Ralph. However, Buffalo has won (again), I believe 5 of their 6 meetings.