Online Dating Services

C.Biscuit97

I've known friends who've done it and had some success and others who have walked away with hilarious stories of faliure.

What's interesting to me is that in my age group (27) it seems to be becoming more and more popular. I'm not sure if it's because the stigma has dissappeared (Myspace, Instant Messanger, Text messages -- hell everything seems to be electronic these days) or if it's more that my age group is reaching the point where we are getting just a bit too old for the college/post grad type bars and not yet old enough for the other social venues (read: have enough money).

It's funny now for me being back in school, I have a wide age range of friends (from 20 to 35 really) and the ones closer to 24 tend to look down upon the online scene (though they are all about using both Myspace and Facebook to "cyber stalk" the people they are into -- more girls than guys which is interesting). However, the ones closer to 27=30 range are lining up to get online because they are "sick of the bar scene".

I don't know if it's an age thing? Have the rest of you noticed an age amungst your friends where online dating has become the latest fad?

Ya!

The guys I work with that use are in the 50-60 range...

Really...

:w00t:

860816[/snapback]

That's actually interesting -- if I had to guess (and apparently I'm a bad guesser) I would have thought it would be really popular in the 20-40 range and less popular the closer you got to 50 only due to the fact that the older crowd doesn't seem to be as online savy.

And yes, I know that is a gross generalization -- just going off of my own experiences :wallbash:

That's actually interesting -- if I had to guess (and apparently I'm a bad guesser) I would have thought it would be really popular in the 20-40 range and less popular the closer you got to 50 only due to the fact that the older crowd doesn't seem to be as online savy.

And yes, I know that is a gross generalization -- just going off of my own experiences :bag:

860822[/snapback]

Oh... Don't fool yourself, these are baby boomers you are talking about... Weren't they "parked" in front of the tube growing up in the 1950-1960's?

Now my father, mother and father in-law (born pre WWII) from the Depression and before... Really were not... Yet, my mother was (born 1940) or would have been (she passed on in 1999)... She was an accountant, we had a computer in the family since they started cloning PC's in the mid 1980's...

Heck... My in-laws still have a corded phone... My wife didn't get color TV till she was 19 (1986)... They would still have a rotary wall phone if the thing didn't break 10 years ago... :doh::doh:

Don't sh*t yourself about the "boomers"...

:nana::nana:

And yes, I know that is a gross generalization -- just going off of my own experiences :nana:

860822[/snapback]

My 60 something...well actually I think she's in her 70's...found her current husband using an online service. I had no idea she even used computers so it surprised me when I learned she had met him that way. :nana:

You're just using the wrong site!  :nana:

860990[/snapback]

Exactly....

John, the site you want is www.adultmatchdoctor.com These chicks are off the HOOK, bro! Just the other night I had a couple hot babes from the site over here....we had a few shots, played some naked twister, and then ended up with our....um.....I mean, uh, I've HEARD that this site may be a good place for that sort of thing :nana:

Exactly....

John, the site you want is www.adultmatchdoctor.com  These chicks are off the HOOK, bro! Just the other night I had a couple hot babes from the site over here....we had a few shots, played some naked twister, and then ended up with our....um.....I mean, uh, I've HEARD that this site may be a good place for that sort of thing  :nana:

860992[/snapback]

What did they wear to bed?

They bring their own, or borrow Lana's?

861095[/snapback]

Difficult to tell....Lana has such a wide variety of deviant apparel