Game Plan...

I thought it particularly brilliant when they took 3 time-outs into the locker room with possession and 1:08 left in the first half

849575[/snapback]

I still don't get why people have been ripping Jauron on this (and his similar decision in the Houston game). We were up against a good team--it made plenty of sense to me to play it conservatively. I think as the offense gets better and more consistent, we'll see Jauron trusting them in situations like that. But I've seen enough of linemen getting beat cleanly, JP fumbling the ball, etc. to appreciate the low-risk decision-making in such a situation.

I still don't get why people have been ripping Jauron on this (and his similar decision in the Houston game). We were up against a good team--it made plenty of sense to me to play it conservatively. I think as the offense gets better and more consistent, we'll see Jauron trusting them in situations like that. But I've seen enough of linemen getting beat cleanly, JP fumbling the ball, etc. to appreciate the low-risk decision-making in such a situation.

849589[/snapback]

I think you can argue this pretty safely from either side, but I tend to agree more with the conservative approach for now. As someone mentioned earlier, if that first pass to Price got us any real yardage, then you probably would have seen the team lose some of the conservativeness. But in those situations, we're just not good enough to do anything beyond minimalizing the opportunities for mistakes to happen.

I was more upset by the 3rd and 2 pass play than I was with the handling of the last minute of the first half.

849589[/snapback]

Please don't get me wrong - I'm absolutely thrilled with the win.

That said, Jauron - knowing full-well our D wasn't stopping the run and we were gonna need more points - could have at least tried to pound the ball into field-goal range with a few low-risk running plays. Judging from the crowd noise I heard, most fans felt the same.

I like our coaching staff, but we're a few plays from beating two of the best teams in the league - on the road, no less - and having a wining record, and some of Dick's decisions are to blame, I think.

I'm glad they are finally using more singleback formations with a quicker passing game. At least since they run out of that formation more it isn't as predictable. I just wonder what we could do if we had either or both: A bigger WR or beeter receiving TE's to compliment Evans.

I definitely notice better playcalling to compliment JP. I would like to see more up the seam and short middle passes to the TEs. As well as a quick slant to Evans and Parrish and hope for large RAC. A big factor in the improved pass protection has been the blocking by A-train , WM and the TEs.

You really want to know why the Bills are winning.. its because I stopped watching the games. Everytime I stop watching they do well.. everytime I watch they suck. It's been that way since 2004.

... and I stopped watching because I moved out of Buffalo.. not because I didn't want to watch the games.

You really want to know why the Bills are winning.. its because I stopped watching the games. Everytime I stop watching they do well.. everytime I watch they suck. It's been that way since 2004.

... and I stopped watching because I moved out of Buffalo.. not because I didn't want to watch the games.

849761[/snapback]

Please continue this then :doh:

849761[/snapback]

What's your plans this coming Sunday afternoon? Going to see the Penguin movie, perhaps. I'm sure we can get a pool together to buy the tickets.

849761[/snapback]

Actually they won because I switched sports bars.

They are now 2-0 at the new Steakhouse and Sports Theater. :doh:

Don't go back to the other place you were going to then lol :D

849835[/snapback]

The last time I switched sports bars was to Tully's in 2004 for the Rams game & they almost made the playoffs... this place is a lot nicer, let's see what happens. :doh:

we found a new bar to watch the games at when not at the stadium .  . food is better , buy one get one drink , and wins

849842[/snapback]

At this new place I found, the bar is surrounded by ten 10' screens, it is just awesome. 5 bottles domestic in a little ice barrel for $12, import for $14. Food is a little pricey ($10 for a burger + fries), but D-licious. :doh: