How many at the game?

Arkady Renko

Quick note from today's paper:

Attendance for Buffalo's blacked-out game Sunday against Jacksonville was 63,608. That was a larger crowd than Miami at Detroit and Tampa Bay at Dallas on Thanksgiving Day, Arizona at Minnesota Sunday afternoon and Philadelphia at Indianapolis Sunday night. It seems particularly unfair to have games blacked out in Buffalo but not in Dallas, a major market with a smaller stadium.

Sad isn't it.  Penalized for having 63,000+ fans in attendance.

849368[/snapback]

From TBD front page - Niagara Gazette:

"The Bills certainly didn’t play in a vacuum. The Colts, Bears, Cardinals and Raiders couldn’t fit 63,680 fans in their respective stadiums. The Ralph rocked like a full house Sunday, especially in the game’s deciding moments. Terrence McGee said he could barely tell the crowd was smaller than usual."

Keep in mind ALL of these markets are much larger than Buffalo.

"The Bills certainly didn’t play in a vacuum. The Colts, Bears, Cardinals and Raiders couldn’t fit 63,680 fans in their respective stadiums.  The Ralph rocked like a full house Sunday, especially in the game’s deciding moments. Terrence McGee said he could barely tell the crowd was smaller than usual."

849402[/snapback]

I'm not surprised that the Bears, Cardinals, and Raiders didn't fit 63,680 fans in their stadiums this Sunday, since they were all playing on the road.... :lol:

The upper deck corners were empty. 

The good news is very few people left the stadium before the game ended.

849395[/snapback]

That was bad news for the drive home though. Took me about an hour to get there before the game, and 3 hours to get home. When I heard the Peace Bridge was backed up 45 minutes I decided to keep going to the Falls to cross over and they were just as bad. Left the Staidum just after 4, got home at 7:20.

I got to the stadium at 1030....the lots were empty....in fact the drive from utica down exiet 55 and down Mile Strip...there was no one!!!

The only lines I had to wait forever in were for my Will Call tickets - they had 1 damn window open and about 50 people out there...ugh!!! and to go into to the damn Bills store; my GF (A former Phins fan) wanted a pink Willis jersey, which was naturally sold out so she settled for a throwback Willis...she even got her face painted with a Buffalo....Never made it to Lot 1 Pole 5 to see everyone...I was in the damn store for ever as she had to look at every last piece of merchandise....which get this...ordering stuff Online is much cheaper than it is in the store...that really surprised me...even at the fan wagons in the parking lots, the prices are more expensive by $1-$5 than in the store.... how stupid....

We had Jag fans from Florida behind us...so as fans and even my GF was giving them a hard time...they called us Yankees...when the Jags scored the guy would run his mouth saying "Take that you Yankees"...what a dickhead...who won MuthaFuker!!

Even screwing around in the lot for about a half hour, we went down 20, hit the 219 without much problem...the Lackawana Tolls were busy and traffic was very heavy and at times stop and go on the thruway all he way back through Syracuse

I tried to Tivo the game on Directv..I am in Utica 180 miles from Buffalo and the damn thing was Blacked out...I thought it was a 75 mile radius....I'm going to double check it, if it is I'm complaining...that is a BS policy...it should be like 90% of the stadium's capacity

I tried to Tivo the game on Directv..I am in Utica 180 miles from Buffalo and the damn thing was Blacked out...I thought it was a 75 mile radius....I'm going to double check it, if it is I'm complaining...that is a BS policy...it should be like 90% of the stadium's capacity

849608[/snapback]

The league really should address this, why not make the cutoff for attendance the average of what every stadium in the league holds?

That being said the crowd was as loud as I've heard in quite sometime yesterday & we drew a couple false starts on Jville's last drive just like the old days.

I was there as planned (sellout or not)... Though it made the decision easier.... Unfortunately it is just too long a day away from the family. Left @ 8:00, got delayed finally made Peace Bridge another 45 minutes-1 hour, quick stop at Target for spouse (and Premier for a drink) and make it to the stadium @ 12:45.

Hard to find scalpers as it is not sold out and are in the stadium 6 minutes into the game.

Trip home with stops is 7:30, thus 11:30.... Can only do that once a year....

not sure but i remember a couple years ago, the syracuse market(not sure if utica is part of the Syracuse TV Market) was affected because of a miniscule part of Yates County(Penn Yan area) was a part of the black out circle...I thought they fixed that issue though

849608[/snapback]

The only lines I had to wait forever in were for my Will Call tickets - they had 1 damn window open and about 50 people out there...ugh!!! and to go into to the damn Bills store; my GF (A former Phins fan) wanted a pink Willis jersey, which was naturally sold out so she settled for a throwback Willis...she even got her face painted with a Buffalo....Never made it to Lot 1 Pole 5 to see everyone...I was in the damn store for ever as she had to look at every last piece of merchandise....

849599[/snapback]

A couple years ago, Mrs. Rock was thinking of coming to the TBD opener with me and Babyrock.

The she started talking about "why were we going up Saturday, and why were we sleeping in a tent on the ground, and were there any malls around there..."

I interrupted her at that point and just said, "Nevermind, you are not going."

:doh:

She does come to games on other days and we pick up freebies and get into contests for free t-shirts on Abbott Rd, and she checks out the store (I give her HER ticket when she goes in the store in case she zombies out), and we have fun doing other stuff - but NOT at the TBD opener!

A couple years ago, Mrs. Rock was thinking of coming to the TBD opener with me and Babyrock.

The she started talking about "why were we going up Saturday, and why were we sleeping in a tent on the ground, and were there any malls around there..."

I interrupted her at that point and just said, "Nevermind, you are not going."

:D

She does come to games on other days and we pick up freebies and get into contests for free t-shirts on Abbott Rd, and she checks out the store (I give her HER ticket when she goes in the store in case she zombies out), and we have fun doing other stuff - but NOT at the TBD opener!

849743[/snapback]

This was definately a lesson learned...If I turned her loose in the store alone, I would be broke...because she wanted every goddam thing in there...seeing she was pissed that her 'pink' jersey was sold out, she said that she would order most of the stuff she wants online , so going forward I hope that this is no longer an issue...

:D

We are planning to go to the Phins game on the 17th..Just have to buy tix...this time no excuses for not making it to see everyone

:doh:

not sure but i remember a couple years ago, the syracuse market(not sure if utica is part of the Syracuse TV Market) was affected because of a miniscule part of Yates County(Penn Yan area) was a part of the black out circle...I thought they fixed that issue though

849701[/snapback]

No, they haven't done anything about this issue. WTVH-5 in Syracuse, which I think is also the only CBS for Utica, gets blacked-out still.

"The Bills certainly didn’t play in a vacuum. The Colts, Bears, Cardinals and Raiders couldn’t fit 63,680 fans in their respective stadiums.  The Ralph rocked like a full house Sunday, especially in the game’s deciding moments. Terrence McGee said he could barely tell the crowd was smaller than usual."

849402[/snapback]

I would bet that there were just as many Bills fans at this game as any of the sold out ones so far. I did not see many Jags fans in the stands and the stadium has not been louder since the Miami snow game when we all sang let it snow at the end!

Traffic was somewhat worse due to people actually staying until the end of the game but most of the slowdown was Tgiving travel. Should be alot of fun after the titans game.

I got to the stadium at 1030....the lots were empty....in fact the drive from utica down exit 55 and down Mile Strip...there was no one!!!

849599[/snapback]

Try getting off at the Transit road exit (last one before the toll gates) and going down rt 20, much faster.

See your other post for info on the Utica blackout.

Current plans are to be at the Miami game too. I am looking for two tickets (eBay surfing).

Lot One Pole Five is the watering hole!

BTW: GF uses HER OWN card. Man Rule? :D

This was definately a lesson learned...If I turned her loose in the store alone, I would be broke...because she wanted every goddam thing in there...seeing she was pissed that her 'pink' jersey was sold out, she said that she would order most of the stuff she wants online , so going forward I hope that this is no longer an issue...

:nana:

We are planning to go to the Phins game on the 17th..Just have to buy tix...this time no excuses for not making it to see everyone

:beer:

849747[/snapback]

Current plans are to be at the Miami game too. I am looking for two tickets (eBay surfing).

Lot One Pole Five is the watering hole!

BTW: GF uses HER OWN card.  Man Rule?   :D

856375[/snapback]

Thats how I got my tickets (Jax, Miami, and Tenn) Great deals on them, you just ave to do a bit of surfing and not be picky where you sit.

I wanted to get tickets for yesterdays game too but the damn credit card won't work anymore, I keep getting some message about credit limit exceeded?