Watching Bledsoe grump around on the sidelines

ajzepp

...I just can't help but hear that "Tony Homo" blog running in my head every time I see Drew just standing there with his arms on his hips. It's making the sideline shots a bit more fun than usual 0:)blog

I hate to say it, but I think I'm a Romo fan. Not just because he proved (for the third time) that Bledsoe sucks and a young, unproven QB is superior, but because the guy just has huge balls. He's not as fast or as mobile as JP (not far off, though), yet he seems to use those two attributes to his advantage more than JP does. Joe Buck made a comment that he just makes it look easy, and he really does. Maybe JP will look more like this when we get a legit #2 receiver, a pro bowl TE, and another lineman....but in the meantime I hope he watches and learns from Homo.

Romo is terrific. He was handled well in Dallas. I am sure there is going to be that inevitable day, where he has a crummy game, but he will bounce back, becuause he already knows what he can do. If you had seen any of Dallas pre-season games the last couple of years, you could just tell this guy had some real football talent.

As for Drew, I still like the guy, and I don't know what else he could do to handle his situations in New England, Buffalo and Dallas any better, other than retire. I have a hunch, barring an injury to Romo, Bledsoes' playing days ended with that int against the Giants on MNF, about a month ago.

BTW- I still hate Joe Buck...that shot of Aikman and he, with their daughters was priceless. Bucks' oldest daughter looked like she didn't want to be there...as they cut away, you can hear Buck say, "the 10 year old wants to be in the back, this isn't "cool"...funny stuff...

Yeah, I expect Bledsoe to retire temporarily, and then someone will have an injury next season and sign him for a run. In fact, that may be the perfect way to use him!

I agree about romo, too....no way he keeps up this pace. Five TDs today?? The guy is just on fire!

While I agree that Drew is on the downside of his career (not that anyone could argue that point), I dont think he is done. There are several teams I could see employing his services.

1) New York Jets - If they decide to go away from pennington, I could see drew there for a year or two

2) Oakland - If Oakland decides to tackle a position other than QB in the draft, they might be looking for a stopgap QB.

3) Kansas City if the job opens up (i.e. Green retires)

4) Green Bay if Favre retires and Rogers is not ready to start the season.

5) Tampa Bay if they decide Gradkowski isnt the answer

6) Minnesota - Brad Johnson could hang it up

7) Detroit - Only in Detroit would Drews play be expected.

8) Philadelphia - What is McNabbs status for next year?

Thats up to 8 teams, that could probably benefit from having Drew as a starting QB. Matt Schaub will probably get a job somewhere next year. Brady Quinn as well. Other than that, there arent many guys ready to fill these positions. Drew should get one of them.

"I'm very thankful it happened as quickly as it did. I'm very excited to be a Dallas Cowboy. I can't wait to go home and dress my kids with the little stars and get rid of all the old gear from the other team."

...he also was seriously disappointed about how things turned out in Buffalo. He mentioned needing time to get over his anger toward the team for handing his job to youngster J.P. Losman without an on-field competition and later added that he hopes to prove them wrong.

"I'm not going to sit up here and defend myself," (Bledsoe) said. "The one thing I will say is that when my time as a Dallas Cowboy is done, then the story will be written and I think it'll be a story that will have a lot of success involved."

:devil:

Romo is terrific.  He was handled well in Dallas.  I am sure there is going to be that inevitable day, where he has a crummy game, but he will bounce back, becuause he already knows what he can do.  If you had seen any of Dallas pre-season games the last couple of years, you could just tell this guy had some real football talent. 

As for Drew, I still like the guy, and I don't know what else he could do to handle his situations in New England, Buffalo and Dallas any better, other than retire.  I have a hunch, barring an injury to Romo, Bledsoes' playing days ended with that int against the Giants on MNF, about a month ago. 

BTW- I still hate Joe Buck...that shot of Aikman and he, with their daughters was priceless.  Bucks' oldest daughter looked like she didn't want to be there...as they cut away, you can hear Buck say, "the 10 year old wants to be in the back, this isn't "cool"...funny stuff...

846606[/snapback]

I'll tell you what Drew could have done to handle his situations better. He could have treated his job as a 12 month per year full time job, not an 8 month part time job. Drew is the classic case of a guy with a God given gift, but no work ethic. If he had worked at honing his craft, he would have been a sure HOF player, I guess 4 months a year free in Montana & Washington were more important to him than the HOF. :devil:

While I agree that Drew is on the downside of his career (not that anyone could argue that point), I dont think he is done.  There are several teams I could see employing his services.

1) New York Jets - If they decide to go away from pennington, I could see drew there for a year or two

2) Oakland - If Oakland decides to tackle a position other than QB in the draft, they might be looking for a stopgap QB.

Thats up to 8 teams, that could probably benefit from having Drew as a starting QB.  Matt Schaub will probably get a job somewhere next year.  Brady Quinn as well.  Other than that, there arent many guys ready to fill these positions.  Drew should get one of them.

846613[/snapback]

Amazing how DB has 8 teams that he could go and screwup.... Has any QB made more money and produced less the DB. He does not seem like a bad guy, but the results are always the same. Everyone falls in love with his size and arm and ends up with a team that underachieves.

As for the teams above....

GB, Minn, Det & Minn... 4 teams with already stop-gap QB's....

Oakland & TB - Should get a QB for the future and develop him and the team - Not put a slow-footed statue behind the line.

Phil already has Jeff Garcia, who while older has the same credentials if not better offensive stats during the early 2000's that DB had, just not the height and arm strength.

KC has Huard behind Green and why would the Jets give up on Pennington?

Buffalo did the right thing when they cut DB after 2004.... Mike Mularky however did a lousy job executing it in 2005 and we still don't know what we have in JP.

As for Parcell's, give him credit he gave the ball to Romo and was not bullied by Jerry Jones and looks like he made the right decision.

This Romo/Deadslow switch is really starting to remind me of the Pats first Superbowl with Brady taking over (though the Cowboys kicker isn't matching up).  Could Drew be "earning" his second Superbowl ring?

846847[/snapback]

This is what's scaring me at the moment. Romo is running the offense very well and it seems like he's got a very good feel for the position.

That said, let's see how long this continues. Opposing teams usually start making adjustments after a few games, so I'd like to see how far Romo brings them.

Yeah, I expect Bledsoe to retire temporarily, and then someone will have an injury next season and sign him for a run. In fact, that may be the perfect way to use him! 

I agree about romo, too....no way he keeps up this pace. Five TDs today?? The guy is just on fire!

846611[/snapback]

Bledsoe will become the next Vinny T. Coming out of retirement every year to play for a different team.

"I'm very thankful it happened as quickly as it did. I'm very excited to be a Dallas Cowboy. I can't wait to go home and dress my kids with the little stars and get rid of all the old gear from the other team."

...he also was seriously disappointed about how things turned out in Buffalo. He mentioned needing time to get over his anger toward the team for handing his job to youngster J.P. Losman without an on-field competition and later added that he hopes to prove them wrong.

"I'm not going to sit up here and defend myself," (Bledsoe) said. "The one thing I will say is that when my time as a Dallas Cowboy is done, then the story will be written and I think it'll be a story that will have a lot of success involved."

:devil:

846679[/snapback]

It seems that the best anyone can come up with for being critcal of his handling of his various failures in the NFL over the last 5 years, is his expressing faith in his abilities. That is pretty silly. The whole "This is still my team" comment has been one of the most blown out of proportion things in recent Bills history.

I am sure there would be willing to give Bledsoe money to play again next year, but my sense is that he now sort of realizes that it is over for him. I think he will hang it up, rather than humiliate himself any further. He just flamed out, on the field, in one of the most visable situations in the NFL. When he failed in Buffalo, I am sure that he, and his national media supporters thought (and maybe with some justification) that it was the result of being with a bad team, as much as it was his performance. We who watch week in and week out, may have known better.

Bledsoe will become the next Vinny T.  Coming out of retirement every year to play for a different team.

846938[/snapback]

I guess the Hollywood ending would have Bledsoe end his career in New England, maybe take Vinny's third string role next season. BB seems to want an experineced back-up at all times. I know that would never happen, but....

Anyways, I honestly think Bledsoe will hang it up, even though he could go the Vinny rout, and sign with someone else every year. Bledsoe, I think, has too much pride to do that. You may argue that Bledsoe is no better than Testerverde, but the difference is, Bledsoe started his career out very strong, and faded over time. Vinny didn't really experience any success until later in his career, when many had already written him off as a bust. Vinny, football wise, I think, is much more humble than Bledsoe, and more comfortable with a back-up role.

You have to remember, Bledsoe, at one time, for about 5 or 6 years, was one of the very top QB's in the NFL.

While I agree that Drew is on the downside of his career (not that anyone could argue that point), I dont think he is done.  There are several teams I could see employing his services.

Thats up to 8 teams, that could probably benefit from having Drew as a starting QB.  Matt Schaub will probably get a job somewhere next year.  Brady Quinn as well.  Other than that, there arent many guys ready to fill these positions.  Drew should get one of them.

846613[/snapback]

Tom Donahoe??? Is that you???