Ticket Sales for Jax game?

DPR4444

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Buffalo News:

"The Bills announced 7,500 tickets remained on sale for the game against Jacksonville on Sunday. The Bills will have until 1 p.m. Thursday for the television blackout to be lifted, although they could receive an extension because of Thanksgiving.

About 7,000 tickets remain for the Dec. 17 matchup against the Miami Dolphins. The Bills have sold out every game against Miami since 1987, which was a strike year.

Tickets for all games can be purchased at the Bills ticket office, all Ticketmaster outlets, on-line at www.buffalobills.com or www.ticketmaster.com or by telephone at 877-BBTICKS."

Coming off a win and the big Thanksgiving weekend homecoming for many people....i would hope they could sell those last 7,000 tickets b/f the deadline. If not, any chance a company would step up and buy the last couple thousand to get in on local tv?

Until we get to 7 losses, I'm holding out hope of a miracle playoff run.

Typcially they just have to get close. If they can get down to ~2000 tix remaining, usually a sponsor like Tops or M&T Bank would buy the rest and donate them to youth groups, soldiers, etc.

The holiday weekend doesn't do much to aid ticket sales. Anyone who is in town for the weekend will typically be travelling back home on Sunday. I'm sure those who wanted to and are able to go to the game got their tickets and made their travel arrangements well ahead of time.

Typcially they just have to get close.  If they can get down to ~2000 tix remaining, usually a sponsor like Tops or M&T Bank would buy the rest and donate them to youth groups, soldiers, etc.

The holiday weekend doesn't do much to aid ticket sales.  Anyone who is in town for the weekend will typically be travelling back home on Sunday.  I'm sure those who wanted to and are able to go to the game got their tickets and made their travel arrangements well ahead of time.

845740[/snapback]

Didn't Turkey Hill (the official dairy of your Buffalo Bills--holy subliminal messages work) buy 3000 tickets earlier this season?

I'm going to this game..my first one since the Blew Deadsloe/Travis Henry era.

I'd say there was no chance. It's a good week if they sell 1000 tickets for the coming game in the second half of the season. 7000 tickets > $210,000. Nobody, including Ralph, is going to pick that up.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

SELLOUT STREAK: It looks like you'll have to be at the Ralph on Sunday if you want to see Buffalo's big AFC matchup against the Jags on Sunday. With 7,000 tickets remaining it looks like the sellout streak dating back to the Oct. 31 game against Arizona in 2004 will come to an end this weekend and the game will be blacked out on TV. The Bills have sold out 27 of the last 28 home games.

I'd say there was no chance.  It's a good week if they sell 1000 tickets for the coming game in the second half of the season.  7000 tickets > $210,000.  Nobody, including Ralph, is going to pick that up.

845916[/snapback]

I wouldn't be too sure - it's a tax write-off if he gives 'em to charity plus I bet Ralph gets a discount anyway.

Also, I don't know how many Fucillo commercials it takes to generate $210K, but the local TV affiliates will often 'pony up' if the local TV ad revenue exceeds the cost of the tix.

I wouldn't be too sure - it's a tax write-off if he gives 'em to charity plus I bet Ralph gets a discount anyway.

Also, I don't know how many Fucillo commercials it takes to generate $210K, but the local TV affiliates will often 'pony up' if the local TV ad revenue exceeds the cost of the tix.

845974[/snapback]

Nope, no discount. The NFL expects that x number of tickets will cost x number of dollars, so that better be what the Bills report. Like the Kids Day tickets for $8, Ralph or someone else kicks in the difference.

Does this game get blacked out on the NFL ticket also?

846117[/snapback]

If the game is on in HD (which I doubt it will be) and you have SuperFan, the game will not be blacked out.

Edit: I just checked and along with Cinci Cleveland, we are the only other game NOT in HD this week, so no, the game will not be on the Ticket.