Sportscenter has become unwatchable

gomper

It is not as lame as WGR but its on its way. What has become of the days when the highlights and some additional information abouts events were actually the show?

Now all we have is each anchor trying out their lame stand up routines while the other one laughs like an idiot off mike (wait, does sound exactly like GR on that point.) Stupid little segments abound like the Bud hot seat. they should set it and the host on fire with it. PTI on sportscenter. I dont care what those two have to say. Dont they have their own show to bore people stupid?

Is it too much to ask to have ESPN not act like 8th graders?

It is not as lame as WGR but its on its way. What has become of the days when the highlights and some additional information abouts events were actually the show?

Now all we have is each anchor trying out their lame stand up routines while the other one laughs like an idiot off mike (wait, does sound exactly like GR on that point.) Stupid little segments abound like the Bud hot seat. they should set it and the host on fire with it.  PTI on sportscenter. I dont care what those two have to say. Dont they have their own show to bore people stupid?

Is it too much to ask to have ESPN not act like 8th graders?

838516[/snapback]

Well you could not watch it??? Honestly there is a reason why they do what they do ... there ratings must be somewhat good.

PTI is the best show on ESPN along with Monday Night Football of course.

838520[/snapback]

I like PTI and Around the Horn but the best show on ESPN is Edge NFL Matchup. The way Jaworski and HOdge break down the game using the coaching tape is great; too bad it is only 30 minutes long. I wish more NFL shows would use more of the coaching tape footage to break down plays. I definitely don't know why the NFL network doesn't have such a show. I mean they have the 3 hour Point after show they focuses mostly on interviews and TV highlights; between all those cheerleader contest they have I'm sure they can find a way to fit in a 3 hour show that breaks down the game using the coaching tape!

I like PTI and Around the Horn but the best show on ESPN is Edge NFL Matchup. The way Jaworski and HOdge break down the game using the coaching tape is great; too bad it is only 30 minutes long. I wish more NFL shows would use more of the coaching tape footage to break down plays. I definitely don't know why the NFL network doesn't have such a show. I mean they have the 3 hour Point after show they focuses mostly on interviews and TV highlights; between all those cheerleader contest they have I'm sure they can find a way to fit in a 3 hour show that breaks down the game using the coaching tape!

838580[/snapback]

Last year the NFL Network had their Playbook show every week with great analysts like Solomon Wilcots, Sterling SHarpe and Mike Mayock. It was the best show on their network by far and made the now unwatchable Edge Matchup (Merril Hoge has become an incredibly annoying characture of himself) look like amateur hour. For some reason they've discontinued the only show I watched on their network to make room for another 47 showings of the pathetic Total Access fluff.

I had really high hopes for the network after a solid debut, but they've dropped thier two best shows and added Deion Sanders to their highlight show which of course now makes it unwatchable as well. Maybe someday there will be an NFL channel that is actually about football. :lol:

espn in general isnt watchable, unless there is a game on the only thing i watch is espnews and thats only when i am making dinner so i can get caught up on what I might have missed

I cant remember the last time i actually watched sportscenter and I certainly dont watch any of their dumb shows

Patrick and Olbermann, although revolutionary at the time, ruined SC for years to come by giving anchors and producers the leeway to make the show a standup routine.

Sadly, this newfound gateway into the comedy world happened to coincide with the completely retarded thought process of "Hey, I don't think real sports fans actually want to see more highlights. I think they want the Budweiser Hot Seat, they want Sean Salisbury screaming at John Clayton, Stephen A. Smith screaming at everybody, and they want 25 different varities of Top 10 lists. Yes that's what they want."

And hence you have the POS product that we are left with today.

Check my name. Its all they do.

Same crap everyday; TO, Tiger Woods and Shaq. Same topics everyday, same answers, horrible guessing games (Coors 4th down, WTF?), down right miserable people all over the screen and no knowledge analysts on anything then the above three and a few other subjects.

Thumbwrestling is more of a sport then Poker. ;)

Sunday Night Football now kills Monday Night Football.

Thanks god for the internet for so I can find sports information I want to know, not what they want to shovel on me.

I too, like PTI (as long as both don't talk at the same time, which is a pet peeve at my age--just wait until you're 58), Around the Horn (the game-like format is original, and Woody Page is amusing), and Matchup.

The rest can burn in he11.

I agree but what alternative sports channels are available

838575[/snapback]

The internet. I don't need a laugh track to get scores and stats. I don't need the top ten plays, I prefer my sports entertainment spontanious. I can decipher a box score and get what happened, that's all I need.

MNF? Yeah, I like the fact they spend 10 minutes with some dipstick like Christian Slater every week instead of paying attention to the game.

839413[/snapback]

I hate that crap. This isn't VH1 - 'Behind the Rehab' - It's MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL.

I'm not watching it for celebrity gossip... :w00t: