Levi Brown

Mikie2times

Blue n white fan also..... and I couldn`t agree more,although Levi`s the best of the bunch(not saying much)watching penn states o- line is exactly like watching the Bills o-line....very,very painful to watch.

836407[/snapback]

actually, i'd say the teams in general are pretty similar - good defenses, with great linebackers and a young, up and coming secondary, a QB with all the tools that can't put it together, and no one's sure if its because the o-line stinks, the QB stinks, or both. AND - the olines are the worst.

it makes for frustrating weekends sometimes...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone thinking Quinn is gonna be so great?  He plays for the best offensive coordinator in football.  He has at least one 1st round wr and perhaps a 2nd rounder wr.  Their rb will be a first day pick.  A few players from their line will be drafted.  Just because you are a great college player, doesn't mean you will be a great NFL.  Look at Leinart.  If the Bills don't go with a big man, I will never watch the Bills again.  ;)

836539[/snapback]

If they don't draft 3 first-day defensive backs, I'll never watch the Bills again.

OL drafted in the Top 10 doesn't happen very often and when it does it is usually a waste of a pick.

Tell that to Jonathon Ogden, Walter Jones and Orlando Pace.

And I'm not even sure Quinn is the best QB in the draft, that might just be Brohm from Louisville.

actually, i'd say the teams in general are pretty similar - good defenses, with great linebackers and a young, up and coming secondary, a QB with all the tools that can't put it together, and no one's sure if its because the o-line stinks, the QB stinks, or both.  AND - the olines are the worst.

it makes for frustrating weekends sometimes...

836540[/snapback]

The Bills have great linebackers? Really?

Fletch is having a solid year, and Crowell is coming off a standout GAME, but I wouldn't call the 2006 effort of this LB corp "great" by any means. Spikes has been virtually invisible this year, a sign that maybe he isn't fully healed from the Achilles injury. Crowell spent most of the season making tackles for 7-10 yard gains and there's no depth, requiring the team to start a rookie for a good portion of the year.

If Brady Quinn is on the board when the Bills pick and they do not take him, I will never watch a Bills game again. The can take OL with their 2nd through 7th picks. They need a QB. The Bills have not had a good QB since Jim Kelly retired and it shows in the results year after year.

Offensive Lineman are hardly ever drafted in the first round and even more rarely in the Top 10 of the 1st round. Since 2001, a grand total of 22 OL have been drafted in the 1st round. Only 7 were taken in the Top 10. SEVEN in the last SIX drafts and only THREE since 2003!!!!!. People want to waste a Top 5 or Top 10 pick on an OL? That is just nuts.

836442[/snapback]

You're right -- we'd be FAR better off (Ryan Leaf) spending our Top Ten pick (Akili Smith) on a QB (Rick Mirer), because Top Ten QBs (Heath Shuler) are never busts (Tim Couch).

In other news: now that he's on I.R., former #1 overall pick Orlando Pace will have plenty of free time to polish his Super Bowl ring...

You're right -- we'd be FAR better off (Ryan Leaf) spending our Top Ten pick (Akili Smith) on a QB (Rick Mirer), because Top Ten QBs (Heath Shuler) are never busts (Tim Couch).

In other news: now that he's on I.R., former #1 overall pick Orlando Pace will have plenty of free time to polish his Super Bowl ring...

836565[/snapback]

Ah yes, Orlando Pace. The St Louis Rams didn't make the same mistake the Downtown Clown Club made: they knew he was the best player in college football and made him the top pick in the draft. I'll bet they regret that move.

OL drafted in the Top 10 doesn't happen very often and when it does it is usually a waste of a pick.

836485[/snapback]

Really? Let me run some names by you.....

1990 - Richmond Webb (9)

1992 - Bob Whitfield (8) (Leon Searcy went at 11)

1993 - Willie Roaf (8), Lincoln Kennedy (9) (Brad Hopkins went at 13)

1995 - Tony Bosselli

1996 - Jonathan Ogden (4), Willie Anderson (10)

1997 - Orlando Pace (1), Walter Jones (8)

2002 - Bryant McKinnie (7), Levi Jones (10) (we all know the disaster at #4 ;) )

2003 - Jordan Gross (8)

There is not one name on this list that I consider to be a wasted pick. Were there busts? Of course. Gallery, Fat Mike, Leonard Davis, and others to be sure.

That said, your chances of striking out with a top 10 OT don't appear to be worse than doing so at any other position. In fact, it might be the safe way to go, if you stay aaway from fat, headcase RTs.

The St Louis Rams didn't make the same mistake the Downtown Clown Club made:

;) ??

1990 - Richmond Webb (9)

1995 - Tony Bosselli

1996 - Jonathan Ogden (4), Willie Anderson (10)

2002 - Bryant McKinnie (7), Levi Jones (10) (we all know the disaster at #4  )

2003 - Jordan Gross (8)

There is not one name on this list that I consider to be a wasted pick. Were there busts? Of course. Gallery, Fat Mike, Leonard Davis, and others to be sure.

That said, your chances of striking out with a top 10 OT don't appear to be worse than doing so at any other position. In fact, it might be the safe way to go, if you stay aaway from fat, headcase RTs.

From Texas.

The guy we really want is Joe Thomas from Wisconsin. If we get him, we an a guy that play for more than a decade at the left tackle spot for us.

Rumor is he'll be #1 overall to Arizona.

The Bills have great linebackers? Really?

Fletch is having a solid year, and Crowell is coming off a standout GAME, but I wouldn't call the 2006 effort of this LB corp "great" by any means. Spikes has been virtually invisible this year, a sign that maybe he isn't fully healed from the Achilles injury. Crowell spent most of the season making tackles for 7-10 yard gains and there's no depth, requiring the team to start a rookie for a good portion of the year.

All three have looked much better since the bye. Are we doing anything different? Have they just figured out the scheme? Are they reacting more and thinking less, because they better understand what is expected of them?

The same things can be said of Nate & McGee.

Maybe it just took a little while for them to become comfortable in the Cover 2 scheme. If so, thats a great thing and we should expect more very good performances from the D in the future.

As for Spikes, true he is nowhere near the explosive playmaker that he was. The injury does take a lot of time to come back from, well over a year. I think you will truly see what he has left next season.

;) ??

836574[/snapback]

If you have an award that is supposed to go to "the best player in college football", then linemen should get consideration too, especially if they're as good as Pace, whose play created the "pancake block" statistic they now use in college and the pros to measure linemen. The guy was, in my opinion, clearly the best player in college football, which is how he ended up being the top overall pick in the draft that year.

If you have an award that is supposed to go to "the best player in college football", then linemen should get consideration too, especially if they're as good as Pace, whose play created the "pancake block" statistic they now use in college and the pros to measure linemen. The guy was, in my opinion, clearly the best player in college football, which is how he ended up being the top overall pick in the draft that year.

Good point, I agree completely.

1990 - Richmond Webb (9)

1995 - Tony Bosselli

1996 -  Jonathan Ogden (4), Willie Anderson (10)

2002 - Bryant McKinnie (7), Levi Jones (10) (we all know the disaster at #4  ;) )

2003 - Jordan Gross (8)

836570[/snapback]

you're forgetting one name:

1995 - Ruben Brown (13)

the great thing about brown, who seems to be pretty good, is that he may be there in the 40-45 slot. if he is, the bills could grab him in the second and a good guard in the third.

in the first, i'm beginning to think that a high quality TE will solve a lot of problems. the reason the bills' offense has been so crappy for so long isn't just because of the offensive line. they have not a good receiving TE since mckeller, and once he went down (midway through 92) and was replaced by metzelaars (a solid but very unspectacular receiver), the bills offense stopped being dominant.

I am not saying that I wish for us to flounder for the rest of the the season...but SHOULD it happen......

- I would like to see this team trade as far down in this draft and get as many picks as it can while still coming away with a quality OL in the 1st round.....

- At this point I am not positive that JPL is the answer....but I KNOW that we wont find out until we fix our line

As much as it pains me to say this, as I am a Penn State fan, Levi is NOT having a solid senior season.  The entire OL, including Brown, stinks this year.

836403[/snapback]

Gotta agree - I thought Brown and the entire PSU O-Line looked pretty weak against Wisconsin.

I'll say it again - if he's there when we pick, take Posluszny. Then use the rest of our picks and all our cap room on bolstering the O-Line.

Gotta agree - I thought Brown and the entire PSU O-Line looked pretty weak against Wisconsin.

I'll say it again - if he's there when we pick, take Posluszny.  Then use the rest of our picks and all our cap room on bolstering the O-Line.

836597[/snapback]

you can't read too much into one game. remember when mckinnie dominated freeney? i don't think there's a team in the league that would take mckinnie over freeney now (especially given mckinnie's lackluster performance this year).

btw, check out this nugget from pro football weekly "whispers" this week:

ORT Marcus Johnson has been the primary culprit for the Vikings’ struggles up front, but we hear OLT Bryant McKinnie hasn’t played up to his capabilities either. He was beaten for a blind-side sack and subsequent fumble in San Francisco and was overmatched by New England’s odd front in Week Eight. The Vikings had hoped Steve Hutchinson’s presence and nastiness next to McKinnie would maximize his natural talent, but Hutch has not rubbed off as intended.

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/The+W...hispers2119.htm