If I'm the Bills' coaching staff

rolly

I make a point to give losman at least 30 passing attempts along with establishing a balanced running attack. The texans have one of the worst passing defenses and are all around pretty bad. This season is pretty much in the tank, and if there's one thing we can accomplish this year, it's to try and get a final answer about losman.

I make a point to give losman at least 30 passing attempts along with establishing a balanced running attack. The texans have one of the worst passing defenses and are all around pretty bad. This season is pretty much in the tank, and if there's one thing we can accomplish this year, it's to try and get a final answer about losman.

835930[/snapback]

The Texans are not really all that much worse than the team we root for... :doh:

Hopefully they are watching Gradkowski tonight. Gruden is doing a nice job of just letting the kid throw all over the field. So far he missed one, had two drops and has hit several nice passes including a red zone TD pass with Jenkins about to drill him. Tampa has zero running game and a below avg O-line. It's interesting to watch their game plan and see if Gradkowski can execute.

When DJ and the rest of the staff review the fact that Garrard threw 4 INTs in the loss to the Texans on Sunday, he's liable to think otherwise...

836102[/snapback]

Everyone gets lucky. (dolphins beating the bears)

Everyone gets lucky. (dolphins beating the bears)

836136[/snapback]

Booo!

Actually, we did have a bit of luck on our side for that one. But the Jags got some luck also. And Garrard was only responsible for 2 of those 4 INTs. His receivers let him down on the other two and our guys were able to pick them off. They also had 5 dropped passes that would have made a difference in the game. But we also missed 2 field goals. Looks like our pass defense is getting a little better? But I hate the Jags.

How do you guys feel about Sunday against us?

835930[/snapback]

Thank you, this is exactly what needs to happen.

Booo! 

Actually, we did have a bit of luck on our side for that one.  But the Jags got some luck also.  And Garrard was only responsible for 2 of those 4 INTs.  His receivers let him down on the other two and our guys were able to pick them off.  They also had 5 dropped passes that would have made a difference in the game.  But we also missed 2 field goals.  Looks like our pass defense is getting a little better?  But I hate the Jags. 

836301[/snapback]

I have no idea what to expect at this point. The Bills have an athletic team with lots of potential but it's kind of like "wish in one hand and sh_t in the other" with them this year.

I have no expectations.

Booo! 

Actually, we did have a bit of luck on our side for that one.  But the Jags got some luck also.  And Garrard was only responsible for 2 of those 4 INTs.  His receivers let him down on the other two and our guys were able to pick them off.  They also had 5 dropped passes that would have made a difference in the game.  But we also missed 2 field goals.  Looks like our pass defense is getting a little better?  But I hate the Jags. 

836301[/snapback]

It's anyone's game. It depends on which bills team decides to show up.

Booo! 

836301[/snapback]

The team that sucks less will win. ;)

In all seriousness, Houston is one of the teams I know almost nothing about. New coach, new schemes, bunch of new players but thus far the same kind of results. Not unexpected in the first season of a new regime, but do you see any light at the end of the tunnel?

The team that sucks less will win.  ;)

836360[/snapback]

That is likely very true.

We see the Texans here, near every week. I am usually more focused on the Bills games, but we get lots of news coverage. It seems the the Bills and Texans have a few things in common, beynond new regimes.

They both have O-lines that struggle at times. The difference there is, theirs seems to be improving a little. I am not sure that they are there yet, or will be with the guys on their current roster, but you can see they are trying to implement that Broncos style of offensive line blocking schemes.

The Bills (depending on which unit shows up) may have a slight edge on D, but I think the Texans are a little further ahead offensively. They aren't great, but they have been starting to move the ball a bit. Andre Johnson has really emerged as an upper tier WR. It is going to be really important for the Bills to get a good pass rush.

The team that sucks less will win.  :blink:

In all seriousness, Houston is one of the teams I know almost nothing about.  New coach, new schemes, bunch of new players but thus far the same kind of results.  Not unexpected in the first season of a new regime, but do you see any light at the end of the tunnel?

836360[/snapback]

Actually, I do see a light at the end of the tunnel. And this time it's not a train.

I was a bit worried after the first few games, but we played some tough teams, too. Our rookies this year have been a blessing, rather than a curse. Owen Daniels (TE) leads in TDs over Andre Johnson - one of the best WRs in the league right now. And with the addition of Eric Moulds (thanks for him btw), those three guys have opened up our passing game. Our Secondary was non-existent in the beginning of the season, but that has improved vastly as well. Wali Lundy (RB) another rookie has helped our running game and has become the much needed replacement for Domanick Davis.

I've been sick of the Bush/Young/Williams controversy - but the media is actually starting to come around on that, and giving Mario Williams the credit he deserves. By my last count, Reggie Bush was averaging 1.5 yards a carry - not the spectacular pick everyone said we missed out on.

At this point, we just put 3 guys on IR, Williams has been playing hurt, and is questionable, and David Carr is also questionable right now.

All in all, I think we can win this game if we don't turn the ball over. If we win the turnover battle, we will beat you.

Hopefully they are watching Gradkowski tonight.  Gruden is doing a nice job of just letting the kid throw all over the field.  So far he missed one, had two drops and has hit several nice passes including a red zone TD pass with Jenkins about to drill him.  Tampa has zero running game and a below avg O-line.  It's interesting to watch their game plan and see if Gradkowski can execute.

836121[/snapback]

Yea, how'd that work out for Gradkowski and the Bucs again?

I really hope he plays. I couldn't stand to lose to Sage Rosenfels two years in a row.

836897[/snapback]

Tell me about it, everytime this guy has played he's had incredible success, yet nobody talks about him. I dont understand how some guys can step in and play real well one game and everyone touts them as the sleeper QB to grab in the offseason, yet Rosenfels hasnt really played bad and gets no mention.

Let's just kick the living sh-- out of Moulds on Sunday and I'll be happy :blink:

835930[/snapback]

I said this in another thread, but I think it's worth repeating here:

Go back to the game plan from the beginning of the season and make the offense less predictable....take some chances by throwing the ball, use the TEs and RBs more as receivers (not a lot, but slowly work them in the patterns), and give the opposition something to think about. As long as JP knows he'll be taking some lumps, I see no problems with this. Yeah, his confidence may take a hit (or maybe not), but this is the only way to see if the rebuilt OL can get any better and if JP can really use his mobility to the team's advantage.

Not to mention, we have nothing to lose at this point.