Commercials

Buffal0 Bill5

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is anybody else about ready to tear Mellencamp's head off and beat dents in a Chevy truck with it, or am I the only one who is about to flip out if I have to hear that dumb song twice every break during every stinking game I watch?

826076[/snapback]

You are not alone, my friend. Not alone at all. Being at today's Sabres game gave me welcome respite from Mr. Cougar and the cavalcade of Chevy patriotism™.

This commercial is no match for the truck going through the center of the earth to China. It's amazing that ad execs are so desperate they are tapping Looney Tunes for ideas these days.

One version or another, of that commercial, was on every commercial break of the Sunday night football game, until the last one of the first half. Not only is the commercial annoying, I am sorry, I find the one where they use the aftermath of 9/11 and Katrina to be really offensive. This is our country indeed, using national tragedy to promote a product. Hey Chevy, why not make a fuggin better vehichle, make it a little cheaper, and stop wasting your money on these offensive commercials? Or at the very least, quit bullshitting people? Chevy has gone the way of corporate America, and a significant amount of their production is now being done overseas...right after they say, "this is our philosopy", why not another photo showing some starving American family and say "this is our layoff..." Sorry, I will stop my rant now, but if Chevy had any decency, they would yank these awful ads right now.

The Jeep brand has been getting away with it since WWII...

I bet the type that these ads court are the type that visit and post on message boards... B-):lol:;)B-)

GM is starting too do good because they have made labor moves... Yes, they have been crying poor mouth for a couple of years now... To the UAW... Etc...

Now they get criticized for "layin' off" in this very thread...

WTF?? :P:D

An American auto company getting healthy because of fuel efficient vehicles and ads that people nit-pick...

Go figure, damn if they do, damn if they don't...

:angry:

They could have at least used "Little Pink Houses"...

826510[/snapback]

Exactly... The sarcasm of the song would have blew by the very people in this thread... Just as it did the GOP when they wanted to use it in the 1984 Reagan re-election...

:angry:B-)

At least if they would have used it... GM couldn't have been faulted for their "honesty."

How the high and mighty elistist love to rip this stuff (current song) to shreds!

:P:D

One version or another, of that commercial, was on every commercial break of the Sunday night football game, until the last one of the first half.  Not only is the commercial annoying, I am sorry, I find the one where they use the aftermath of 9/11 and Katrina to be really offensive.  This is our country indeed, using national tragedy to promote a product.  Hey Chevy, why not make a fuggin better vehichle, make it a little cheaper, and stop wasting your money on these offensive commercials?  Or at the very least, quit bullshitting people?  Chevy has gone the way of corporate America, and a significant amount of their production is now being done overseas...right after they say, "this is our philosopy", why not another photo showing some starving American family and say "this is our layoff..."  Sorry, I will stop my rant now, but if Chevy had any decency, they would yank these awful ads right now.

826410[/snapback]

Don't once again let facts get in your way... :P

GM markets 44 models in the USA (Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, Pontiac, Saturn, and Saab).

Here's where they are manufactured:

USA - 32 models

(Lucerne, Ranier, Terraza, CTS, DTS, Escalade, SRX, STS, XLR, Cobalt, Corvette, Colorado, Malibu, Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado, Trailblazer, Uplander, Canyon, Envoy, Sierra, Yukon, Aura, Ion, Relay, Sky, Vue, 9-7X, G5, G6, Solstice, Vibe)

Canada - 6 models (LaCross, Equinox, Monte Carlo, Impala, Grand Prix, Torrent)

Mexico - 3 models (Rendevezvous, Avalanche, HHR)

Sweden - 2 models (Saab 9-3, 9-5)

S. Korea - 1 model (Aveo)

Is anybody else about ready to tear Mellencamp's head off and beat dents in a Chevy truck with it, or am I the only one who is about to flip out if I have to hear that dumb song twice every break during every stinking game I watch?

826076[/snapback]

Agreed...And you can add the Molson commercial that's on 100 times during Sabres games, who brings a measly 6 pack to a party!!!

I agree. That song is horrible. The lyrics suck, the song sucks, and it is the most contrived moronic crap I've heard in quite some time.

826668[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more. The song sucks & mellonhead should give it up. Old f**k.

This our truck, this our country, tell that to my brother in law who just lost his job at American Axle because Chevy sold there contract for axles to a plant in Mexico.

I agree. That song is horrible. The lyrics suck, the song sucks, and it is the most contrived moronic crap I've heard in quite some time.

826668[/snapback]

So does that make it better or worse than that

"I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free"

826076[/snapback]

"Little Pink Houses" would have been better