YOUR Top 10 QBs all-time in order.

Tcali

My humble opinion....--and of course we are all a bit age biased..Im 48.

1.Joe Montana

2. Dan Fouts

3.John Elway

4.Johnny Unitas

5.Dan Marino

6.Tom Brady

7.Roger Staubach

8.Steve Young

9.Peyton Manning

10.Terry Bradshaw

Hats off to the oldies..pre 1960 who i cant properly evaluate...Otto Graham etc.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My humble opinion....--and of course we are all  a bit age biased..Im 48.

1.Joe Montana

2. Dan Fouts

3.John Elway

4.Johnny Unitas

5.Dan Marino

6.Tom Brady

7.Roger Staubach

8.Steve Young

9.Peyton Manning

10.Terry Bradshaw

Hats off to the oldies..pre 1960 who i cant properly evaluate...Otto Graham etc.

824644[/snapback]

No Namath, Kelly, Tittle, Lamonica, Starr, Blanda, Dawson, Moon, Tarkenton....

GOD, you are old. :w00t:

No Namath, Kelly, Tittle, Lamonica, Starr, Blanda, Dawson, Moon, Tarkenton....

GOD, you are old.  :w00t:

824691[/snapback]

I would never consider Blanda top 10 as a QB, What i will give him his due respect for lasting as long as he did as a kicker even after he was unable to be a viable QB option. But if you have Blanda on the top 10 QB list, you probably have to include Tom Tupa also :huh:

FWIW, i acknowledge the rest of the abovementioned as all time great QB's

1.Joe Montana

2. Dan Fouts

3.John Elway

4.Johnny Unitas

5.Dan Marino

6.Tom Brady

7.Roger Staubach

8.Steve Young

9.Peyton Manning

10.Terry Bradshaw

824644[/snapback]

1. Montana

2. Bradshaw

3. Unitas

4. Marino

5. Fouts

6. Farve (most 30 touchdown seasons)

7. Manning (will definitely move higher)

8. Brady (maybe top three by career end- actually compiling big stats, far more than Elway

9. Baugh

10. Graham

I would never consider Blanda top 10 as a QB, What i will give him his due respect for lasting as long as he did as a kicker even after he was unable to be a viable QB option. But if you have Blanda on the top 10 QB list, you probably have to include Tom Tupa also  ;)

FWIW, i acknowledge the rest of the abovementioned as all time great QB's

824700[/snapback]

Tupa, absolutely because he was a good punter and a threat to pass every time he kicked.

I like Favre for #1 all time. Made the most out of less than many of the other guys. I also like Steve Young to be high on the list. Montana was in his way and Steve was better IMO.

1. Joe Montana

2. Dan Marino

3. John Elway

4. Terry Bradshaw

5. Dan Fouts

6. Johnny Unitas

7. Troy Aikmen

8. Tom Brady

9. Steve Young

10. Jim Kelly

This is so tough because Brett Farve, Roger Stauback, Fran Tarkenton, amongst others are difficult to exclude.-

Tom Brady is so underrated.

824838[/snapback]

I am not so sure... You could place most of those QB's on other teams and they'd probably do a great job with them...

I fear that TB only fits into the NE "mold..."

He does lay some stinkers down and doesn't really put up the stats... Yes, he wins in the end...

That leads us back to Dax's question...

1.Joe Montana

2. Dan Fouts

3.John Elway

4.Johnny Unitas

5.Dan Marino

6.Tom Brady

7.Roger Staubach

8.Steve Young

9.Peyton Manning

10.Terry Bradshaw

824644[/snapback]

1. Joe Ferguson

2. Jim Kelly

3. Gary Marangi

4. Jack Kemp

5. Daryle Lamonica

6. Rob Johnson

7. Drew Bledsoe

8. Todd Collins

9. Craig Nall

10. Roger Stauback

1. Dan Marino....

Hall of Fame QB with NO other skill position players in the Hall with him. Besides, how many of the others on this list were on a team that KNEW the offense couldn't run. Fins were a one dimensional offense.... How many defenses number one goal is to make an ooposing offense one dimensional?

Everyone knew the pass was coming and they still couldn't stop it....couldn't blitz because he'd find the one on one and burn you.....play 7 DB zone, he'd pick that apart with short passes. Except for the Bills ofcourse! They had Dan's number....

I'm pretty sure Dan would have a couple rings if he were on a better all around football team.

I'm 27, so I'm leaving guys who played in the 70s and above off the list. Not to say that Bradshaw, Unitas, et al don't deserve to be included...I just never saw them play so I don't think it's fair. This is my own personal list.

1. Montana

2. Brady

3. Marino

4. Elway

5. Favre

6. Young

7. Kelly

8. Manning

9. Aikman

10. Moon

Being only 33 I didn't get an opportunity to see the guys who played in the 70s and earlier but it's almost criminal how underrated Steve Young is. The guy is, hands down, the best QB I've seen play in the past 22 or so years. Better than Montana, better than Elway and better than Manning or Brady.

Young could do it all. He was a master of the quick passing game, he had the arm for the deep outs and a nice touch on his long ball. He also mastered how to be an effective running QB as he always looked to pass first (well, after his first few years as a starter) before making plays with his legs. None of the other great QBs of his era could do all the things he could do, not even Elway (who wasn’t anywhere near as accurate as Young).