YOUR Top 10 QBs all-time in order.

Tcali

A QBs JOB IS TO WIN BIG GAMES!

Imagine if we were talking about doctors instead of QBs.  "John is a good doctor who performs well in important surgeries, but Bill is an AMAZING doctor whose patients always end up dying on the table."

Your position makes no sense.  Good QBs/doctors who are at their best during important games/surgeries ARE the amazing ones.

825837[/snapback]

<_< I happen to think brady is better then manning but damn talk about an over the top comparison.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Manning has the entire game on his shoulders.

Marshall Faulk, Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne. Brady has NEVER had a skill position player as good as any of those guys, and Manning's had four.

The Patriots and Colts spend their money in different areas. Brady's been more successful with what he's been given.

Brady knows if he throws an INT his defense will probably stop the offense. Manning knows if he throws an INT, the opposing offense will probably score.

And Manning knows that when he puts the ball in the air, chances are that an all-pro type will be on the other end of the completion. Brady's often throwing to guys who other teams decided they didn't want.

Brady threw for only 120+ yards in 1 of those SB's I remember.

Your memory sucks.

SB 36: 145 yards

SB 38: 354 yards

SB 39: 236 yards

Marshall Faulk, Edge James, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne.  Brady has NEVER had a skill position player as good as any of those guys, and Manning's had four.

The Patriots and Colts spend their money in different areas.  Brady's been more successful with what he's been given.

And Manning knows that when he puts the ball in the air, chances are that an all-pro type will be on the other end of the completion.  Brady's often throwing to guys who other teams decided they didn't want.

Your memory sucks.

SB 36: 145 yards

SB 38: 354 yards

SB 39: 236 yards

825847[/snapback]

I was 20 yards off on a SB over 5 years ago and my memory sucks? <_<

All-pro type? The only all-pro Manning has on his offense is Marvin Harrison. He has a rookie RB and Reggie Wayne has never had a year over 83 receptions. He is a good #2 WR. Thats it. Wayne is the equivalant of Troy Brown. Put Brown in Indi. Also if you think Edge didnt benefit from how good Manning is then your crazy. Edge did so well because defenses were afraid of Manning passing so Edge didnt face to many stacked boxes. Period. Look at Edge now. No one is afraid of Leinart so Edge doesnt do so well. Marshall Faulk was their when? Mannings ROOKIE season.

I was 20 yards off on a SB over 5 years ago and my memory sucks?  :lol:

Even if he threw for under 120 yards in the first SB, he still threw for more than that in the two other ones, so your statement ("Brady threw for only 120+ yards in 1 of those SB's I remember") would still have been wrong.

You got called on a falsehood. Move past it.

Wayne is the equivalant of Troy Brown.

<_<:devil:;)<_<;)

Marshall Faulk was their when? Mannings ROOKIE season.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Manning's rookie season never existed.

And why do you have an Ally Sheedy avatar? I mean, I liked Short Circuit too, but I wouldn't put Steve Guttenberg in my avatar.

Even if he threw for under 120 yards in the first SB, he still threw for more than that in the two other ones, so your statement ("Brady threw for only 120+ yards in 1 of those SB's I remember") would still have been wrong.

You got called on a falsehood.  Move past it.

<_<  :devil:  ;)  <_<  :lol:

Oh yeah, I forgot that Manning's rookie season never existed.

And why do you have an Ally Sheedy avatar?  I mean, I liked Short Circuit too, but I wouldn't put Steve Guttenberg in my avatar.

825894[/snapback]

HAHAHA. Not sure if you know what a + means but it means MORE than the ammount of yards posted. I put 120+ yards. 120 or more yards. I also said ONE of the Super Bowls. Not all of them. You got called on a falsehood. Move past it.

Mannings rookie season existed. But what does that have to do with anything RIGHT NOW.

Uhm. That is not an Ally Sheedy or Short Circuit avatar. Its McR.

HAHAHA. Not sure if you know what a + means but it means MORE than the ammount of yards posted. I put 120+ yards. 120 or more yards.

120+ (more than 120) occupies, on a number line, those numbers from 120 to infinity. You indicated that Brady threw for more than 120+ yards on one of the Super Bowls. If 120+ yards represents the numbers between 119 and infinity, then how could someone ever hope to throw for more than 120+ yards? He would have to throw for more than an infinite number of numbers.

I also said ONE of the Super Bowls. Not all of them.

Ah, I see, we have a semantical problem.

For future clarity, I took your post as an indication that of the three Super Bowls Brady played in, you only remember him throwing for 120 yards or more in one of them. Simple misunderstanding.

It's still beyond dumb, though, to cite yardage as an indicator of a player's greatness, particularly when he, in the referenced game, orchestrated the game-winning drive and was named the game's MVP.

Mannings rookie season existed. But what does that have to do with anything RIGHT NOW.

This is a thread about the top 10 all-time QBs, not the top 10 2006 QBs.

Uhm. That is not an Ally Sheedy or Short Circuit avatar. Its McR.

McR? Who is she?

Whoever she is, the girl in your avatar looks a lot like Ally Sheedy.

120+ (more than 120) occupies, on a number line, those numbers from 120 to infinity.  You indicated that Brady threw for more than 120+ yards on one of the Super Bowls.  If 120+ yards represents the numbers between 119 and infinity, then how could someone ever hope to throw for more than 120+ yards?  He would have to throw for more than an infinite number of numbers.

Ah, I see, we have a semantical problem.

For future clarity, I took your post as an indication that of the three Super Bowls Brady played in, you only remember him throwing for 120 yards or more in one of them.  Simple misunderstanding.

It's still beyond dumb, though, to cite yardage as an indicator of a player's greatness, particularly when he, in the referenced game, orchestrated the game-winning drive and was named the game's MVP.

This is a thread about the top 10 all-time QBs, not the top 10 2006 QBs.

McR?  Who is she?

Whoever she is, the girl in your avatar looks a lot like Ally Sheedy.

825913[/snapback]

Most of the great QB's of all time had a poor rookie season. So they should be tossed off the list because of that? NO. The roookie season shouldnt count in determining anything.

MCR is My Chemical Romance and its a guy (Gerard Way) ... not a girl.

IMO, TB is one of the best "managers" that ever QB'd the game... Doesn't need a good RB or receiver corps... The "dink and dunk" goes far... He can heave it too. He needs a tough D on the other side and a game that doesn't get out of hand early.

You stick him on multiple teams and I think you get a Brad Johnson type QB.

He has benefited from continuity... And that is the best thing, you can't take that it made him a great QB.

He is a work horse that wins, everything else are big what ifs and really don't matter.

TB is NE and NE is TB... Pure and simple...

IMO, TB is one of the best "managers" that ever QB'd the game... Doesn't need a good RB or receiver corps...  The "dink and dunk" goes far... He can heave it too. He needs a tough D on the other side and a game that doesn't get out of hand early.

825936[/snapback]

Brady hasn't been a "dink and dunk" QB since his rookie year. Over the past few years he's actually been a better down the field passer than Manning, go check out the stats (I haven't checked the stats this year so I don't know if it holds true this season)

IMO, TB is one of the best "managers" that ever QB'd the game... Doesn't need a good RB or receiver corps...  The "dink and dunk" goes far... He can heave it too. He needs a tough D on the other side and a game that doesn't get out of hand early.

You stick him on multiple teams and I think you get a Brad Johnson type QB.

He has benefited from continuity... And that is the best thing, you can't take that it made him a great QB.

He is a work horse that wins, everything else are big what ifs and really don't matter.

TB is NE and NE is TB... Pure and simple...

825936[/snapback]

I agree with everything you said (except for the heave part - his arm is not even in the top 1/2 of the league in strength) ...

Brady is the best "manager" in the game period ... but I think Manning is the best pure QB. Not best manager. Best QB.

Most of the great QB's of all time had a poor rookie season. So they should be tossed off the list because of that? NO. The roookie season shouldnt count in determining anything.

I'm not judging Manning's rookie season, I'm saying that he HAD MARSHALL FAULK DURING THAT SEASON.

MCR is My Chemical Romance and its a guy (Gerard Way) ... not a girl.

If you don't want to tell me, that fine, but there's no need to make stuff up.

Do you remember what an old Montana did with a crappy KC team at the end of his career? He made them all better--and they had nothing on offense on that team.

825809[/snapback]

He didn't make them much better (they had similiar records with Steve Deberg at QB). The difference he made was in the playoffs, where they finally won a couple games. Until his noodle arm was exposed at Rich Stadium before Hansen, Wright, and Smith made him see white.

They didn't have much at the skill positions (Todd McNair and Marcus Allen were the names), but they had a really good OLine and their defense was loaded.

To this day I think they win that game if Todd McNair catches that pass at the end of the first half instead of having it go right through his hands to Henry Jones. What a momentum killer that turned out to be.