Sabres on the verge of national attention

Tolstoy

And it's my view that if the Sabres win it all with Sluggo on their sweaters, no one will hate that logo anymore.

818355[/snapback]

Totally disagree. Last night was the first game i got to watch, due to my new shift at work being 3:00 - 11:00. That being said, I really cant believe how stupid those logos are. When the win it, I'll be just as happy as I would be without the slug, but I'll never stop hating it.

I'm not saying I'm a fan of the logo (which I'm not...the original bison-over-swords logo should have been brought back permanently), I'm just saying that if the Sabres win the Cup, no one will care.

818525[/snapback]

No, the logo still will be ugly and not represent anything. A yellow upsidedown swoosh diving into whatever with a big blue smear across the middle of it represents absolutely nothing. As near as I can tell the thing is an abominable snot smear.

The logo will still be ridiculed. The logo is being ridiculed whereever it goes. Fortunately, that is the only thing about the team that can be ridiculed at the present moment.

Larry Quinn stated before the season started that if the Sabres have an opportunity to win the Stanley Cup in the throwbacks, they will wear the throwbacks.

If it should happen, would the team winning the Stanley Cup while wearing the most ridiculous logo ever made ruin the euphoria? Obviously not. But, winning the Stanley Cup will not make a very bad decision about what logo to choose correct.

Were they designed by the same guy who made the giant neon penis's in Buffalo back in the 80's?

818557[/snapback]

Green Lightning

You have to pull it down from the menu, but there is a great picture of it from Chicago in '85.

That was classic Buffalo

By the way, if Giant Neon Peni weren't enough warning...may not be suitable for work.

It's all good....

818481[/snapback]

The people in Long Island don't care about hockey as evidenced by the 8800 or so that showed up to see a game where a record could be tied at their expense or stopped because of them.

Who cares, screw em. You're definately right. It's all good. Scary good from that end :lol:

It's funny what winning can do.

As recently as a year and a half ago, many on this board were criticizing Lindy Ruff and the Sabres ownership for not improving the team, and some even said they'd never root for the team again, because the Sabres were headed for years in the basement.

Boy, how things have changed.  Guess the fearless leaders knew what they were doing after all.

And it's my view that if the Sabres win it all with Sluggo on their sweaters, no one will hate that logo anymore.

818355[/snapback]

I'll still hate it. Guaranteed.