The Killers offended by Greenday

IBTG81

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even if you hate The Killers music, what Flowers said does make sense.

816100[/snapback]

I don't dislike them, I think Green Day has passed their prime though, but I grew up listening to Green Day and they were good.

Even if you hate The Killers music, what Flowers said does make sense.

816100[/snapback]

Yeah I agree. It's one thing to excercise your right to free speech here to criticize your country. But in other countries they're being fed so much anti-American crap as it is that we need to put a good face on internationally. Kind of like "Don't argue in front of the neighbors" sort of thing.

So its OK to diss the US only in the US, go anywhere else and its no longer ok? Maybe the Killers should take a look at the world view on America and see its not because of what Green Day is singing to the crowd

Who cares, the Killers suck and are probably only doing this to try to up their popularity and get in the media

So its OK to diss the US only in the US, go anywhere else and its no longer ok? Maybe the Killers should take a look at the world view on America and see its not because of what Green Day is singing to the crowd

Who cares, the Killers suck and are probably only doing this to try to up their popularity and get in the media

816245[/snapback]

The Killers are already pretty popular bro.

wow, about 2 years too late....the killers new cd must need a push to generate some sales....i have been waiting a long time for a poseur/slacker battle...finally it looks like we might get one!!!!

It's about time someone called out the crap band

Greenday sucks. It's about time someone called them out.

816094[/snapback]

wow, about 2 years too late....the killers new cd must need a push to generate some sales....i have been waiting a long time for a poseur/slacker battle...finally it looks like we might get one!!!!

816285[/snapback]

Weird Al's Angry White Boy Polka > Green Day+Killers

So Brandon Flowers had to wait until the Killers became a legitmate success/their 2nd album was released before he could attack Green Day?

Note to Flowers: American Idiot was released almost two years ago and Bullet in a Bible was released one year ago. You've been holding this in for two years??

So Brandon Flowers had to wait until the Killers became a legitmate success/their 2nd album was released before he could attack Green Day? 

Note to Flowers: American Idiot was released almost two years ago and Bullet in a Bible was released one year ago.  You've been holding this in for two years??

816403[/snapback]

Nobody knew who the f-ck he was 2 years ago. I love these Johnny come lately guys.

Green Day > The Killers.

816095[/snapback]

The Killers are about 100x better than Green Day, and that's a conservative estimate.

The lyrics to every Green Day song sound like they were written by a 14 year old ("here comes the rain again, falling from the stars"?? That's friggin embarassing.)

Meanwhile, "Mr. Brightside" and "When You Were Young" are two of the best songs of the past few years.

And he didn't wait until they'd "made it" to say this. They "made it" with their first album. He waited until their second album was out.

If people even remember who The Killers are in a decade, you might have an arguement. What do they have, one album out?

816499[/snapback]

Yes, God forbid we judge bands based on quality instead of popularity. By that standard, NSync may be the greatest musical act of all time. :lol:

Green Day was a bunch of has-beens about 5 years ago before they decided crank up the anti-American crap (which is something a lot of desperate celebrities do). They even released a greatest hits CD, which is not something bands in their prime generally do.

And I'll take both Killers albums over everything Green Day has ever done.

Yes, God forbid we judge bands based on quality instead of popularity.  By that standard, NSync may be the greatest musical act of all time.  :lol:

Green Day was a bunch of has-beens about 5 years ago before they decided crank up the anti-American crap (which is something a lot of desperate celebrities do).  They even released a greatest hits CD, which is not something bands in their prime generally do.

And I'll take both Killers albums over everything Green Day has ever done.

816509[/snapback]

The Killers = Jessica Simpson

Greenday = Madonna

:lol:

If people even remember who The Killers are in a decade, you might have an arguement. What do they have, one album out?

816499[/snapback]

Not to take sides or anything, because Greenday really is a legend for the genre but The Killers first album was extremely successful. Probably much more than American Idiot.

The Killers = Jessica Simpson

Greenday = Madonna

:lol:

816511[/snapback]

That's a funny way to put it.

But (and this is another topic) I still don't think Jessica Simpson has ever had a hit song. I think her record company just annointed her "music star" one day without consulting the entire rest of the world.

The Killers are about 100x better than Green Day, and that's a conservative estimate.

The lyrics to every Green Day song sound like they were written by a 14 year old ("here comes the rain again, falling from the stars"??  That's friggin embarassing.) 

Meanwhile, "Mr. Brightside" and "When You Were Young" are two of the best songs of the past few years.

And he didn't wait until they'd "made it" to say this.  They "made it" with their first album.  He waited until their second album was out.

816493[/snapback]

Exactly!

Whoa nelly............

816652[/snapback]

I have to agree with Jim here. Legends?! Are you friggan kidding me?!

GreenDay is Pop/Rock. They aren't punk in the slightest.

"I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone"

:lol::lol::)

I LOVE Green Day and I like the Killers. With that being said when the Killers have shown that they have anywhere near the staying power of Green Day, then they can talk.

Green Day's American Idiot album is a masterpiece and I believe I am right in assuming that it was more popular sales wise than the Killers Hot Fuss album. But popularity doesnt mean sh-- in music so I really dont know what point I am trying to make.

I LOVE Green Day and I like the Killers. With that being said when the Killers have shown that they have anywhere near the staying power of Green Day, then they can talk.

Green Day's American Idiot album is a masterpiece and I believe I am right in assuming that it was more popular sales wise than the Killers Hot Fuss album. But popularity doesnt mean sh-- in music so I really dont know what point I am trying to make.

816812[/snapback]

The point that you're making, along with most of the others here, is they know nothing of the genre...........Johnny?

I have to agree with Jim here. Legends?! Are you friggan kidding me?!

GreenDay is Pop/Rock. They aren't punk in the slightest.

"I walk a lonely road

The only one that I have ever known

Don't know where it goes

But it's home to me and I walk alone"

:lol:  :lol:  :)

816809[/snapback]

Im starting to get the feeling that the people on this board only listen to the top 40 and not underground or scene music.

Greenday was an extremely popular underground/punk/scene band for years before they got popular and changed to pop/rock ... they still have legendary status for their early work even though people have said they "sold out."

Their popular song "time of your life" is actually them saying a "goodbye" or more like a "f you" to the underground scene they are leaving behind.

Its amazing what people dont know about punk emo and scene music on this board.

Im starting to get the feeling that the people on this board only listen to the top 40 and not underground or scene music.

Greenday was an extremely popular underground/punk/scene band for years before they got popular and changed to pop/rock ... they still have legendary status for their early work even though people have said they "sold out."

Their popular song "time of your life" is actually them saying a "goodbye" or more like a "f you" to the underground scene they are leaving behind.

816831[/snapback]

No some of a realize that punk has been around for probably 20 years longer than most of you've been alive. Those are the legends.

No some of a realize that punk has been around for probably 20 years longer than most of you've been alive.  Those are the legends.

816834[/snapback]

Just as a 'gun' has changed from a simple rifle to a bazooka, so has music. The term "punk rock" 30 or so years ago is different than what it is now. Im sorry to break this to you guys. I would love to go to some scene concerts with you though ... you would really learn something about the genre.

816831[/snapback]

Greenday is about as punk as 'NSync are. Johnny Ramone would be rolling in his grave if he heard that GreenDay were being called punk.