The Killers offended by Greenday

IBTG81

Well, that's 4 more than Sid Vicious could play.

816996[/snapback]

:lol:

Bagpipes by far were the hardest thing to learn. The coordination of it was the hardest part.

The Didge' isn't too bad, it just requires plenty of air (insert joke).

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I needed time to cool off ... or atleast long enough for you to realize that you are wrong and dont know much about punk/emo/ or scene music.

"Green Day was never punk" .... ignorance.

817020[/snapback]

"Cool off?"

You really get that pissed over this? :lol:

"Cool off?"

You really get that pissed over this?  :lol:

817025[/snapback]

In general when people do not believe the truth when it is fact and you know more than they do about a particular subject, it does upset me.

Its like when people try and argue law with me, when they have never seen a case book in their life. Its ridiculous.

If punk died, it passed at about the point that people had to start proving they were punk. Punk was meant to expire. It was meant to consume itself, as the situationist movement before it. The kids purchasing their punk identity at Hot Topic haven't the first idea of what one could possibly rage against. It ceased to be interesting once it became a genre with staying power.

Its like when people try and argue law with me, when they have never seen a case book in their life. Its ridiculous.

817031[/snapback]

Right. Someone who never read a case book could never understand the law, let alone even "try" to argue law with you.

Your pompous attitude fits right into the law school scene.

:lol:  You're such a parody.  BF in NJ.

816952[/snapback]

Normally I would never think of using that title on anyone else, but Ed you're becoming a fking clone. You say something (stupid or not) and then follow it up with a barrage of comments just inviting an attack.

Only one poster ever did that better than you....and his title may not be safe.

Right. Someone who never read a case book could never understand the law, let alone even "try" to argue law with you.

Your pompous attitude fits right into the law school scene.

817113[/snapback]

I mis-worded my response. What I should have said is

"Its like when certain people argue law with me about a certain case they have never read about."

Thus > Casebook

I thought it was obvious. My fault.

But to answer your question ... if you have never read a casebook it is hard to argue the law. aka juxtaposed

If punk died, it passed at about the point that people had to start proving they were punk.  Punk was meant to expire.

817081[/snapback]

Hang on to punk.

Is it punk ? Not exactly punk ? Not even remotely punk ?

Always a good way to listen to the world. Inevitably, the answer comes back as ONLY POSSIBLE BECAUSE OF PUNK. Love the long dead King and keep an eye on his bastard offspring.

I wouldnt suggest law school for you.

Really? I say that because I went to law school, graduated with honors and have been a practicing attorney in NYC for the past 6 years.

I can assure you, the casebook is nothing more than a nice paperweight. After my first year of school, I never bought one.

Really?  I say that because I went to law school, graduated with honors and have been a practicing attorney in NYC for the past 6 years. 

I can assure you, the casebook is nothing more than a nice paperweight.  After my first year of school, I never bought one.

817218[/snapback]

You may become my next best friend.

And how often did you use it in law school? Tell me not often and send me in the right direction of the school you attended.

You may become my next best friend.

And how often did you use it in law school? Tell me not often and send me in the right direction of the school you attended.

I never used the casebooks, so I never bought them. I saved the $$$, because those can get expensive. Also, there is rarely, if ever, any analysis in them. If I needed to read a case, I printed it from Westlaw or LEXIS (free for law students).

I went to UB Law School. It was a lot of fun, basically an extension of college. That is a comment you will not hear about too many law schools. Many of my friends, who went elsewhere, hated law school. My wife, a lawyer, also had a miserable experience at New York Law. Be careful where you choose to go. Also, UB was MUCH cheaper, I finished paying off my loans 2 years ago. My wife has another 15 years on hers.

I never used the casebooks, so I never bought them.  I saved the $$$, because those can get expensive.  Also, there is rarely, if ever, any analysis in them.  If I needed to read a case, I printed it from Westlaw or LEXIS (free for law students). 

I went to UB Law School.  It was a lot of fun, basically an extension of college.  That is a comment you will not hear about too many law schools.  Many of my friends, who went elsewhere, hated law school.  My wife, a lawyer, also had a miserable experience at New York Law.  Be careful where you choose to go.  Also, UB was MUCH cheaper, I finished paying off my loans 2 years ago.  My wife has another 15 years on hers.

817233[/snapback]

Unbelievable. One of my current classes (Bach. Deg before law school) is NY LAW and the professor was speaking about how law school contained an extensive ammount of casebook study (much our textbook is casebook material).

If you dont mind my asking (let me know if you do), what was your GPA and LSAT score upon acceptance at UB Law. I personally am interested in Penn State but when looking up information over 3,000 + applied and about 200 got in.

But to answer your question ... if you have never read a casebook it is hard to argue the law. aka juxtaposed

817145[/snapback]

Unlike the other poster in this thread, I spent a fair amount of time in the casebooks--at least in my first year. Like the other poster, I don't think it mattered much.

I've done fine with minimal reference to casebooks post-graduation.

Unlike the other poster in this thread, I spent a fair amount of time in the casebooks--at least in my first year. Like the other poster, I don't think it mattered much.

I've done fine with minimal reference to casebooks post-graduation.

817295[/snapback]

Are you an attorney? If so you have the experience of a full law school education. Im really starting to love this. What was your GPA/LSAT at time of acceptance?