Thurman Thomas talking about WM...

LabattBlue

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game. He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds. He is a 230 lb RB going up against a 190 lb. DB. Go figure?? :doh:

I know I am going to upset the WM lovers, but this guy does not have breakaway speed and has no elusiveness. When was the last time he made someone miss? He is a straight ahead runner with some power. There is nothing there to indicate the Bills should attempt to re-sign him because he will be difficult to replace. He is on pace for 1200+ yards, 2-3 TD's and an average under 4 ypc. Whoop-de-friggin-do!

One more year and move on.

He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds.

He did exactly that and I cussed him out good.

I wonder if the staff or his 'mates did the same thing because from that point on he ran like a hardass the rest of the day.

He did exactly that and I cussed him out good.

I wonder if the staff or his 'mates did the same thing because from that point on he ran like a hardass the rest of the day.

814473[/snapback]

Simon, he got almost all of his yardage on his own. You want to know who made the shovel pass work?

Merz.

On WGR this morning, Thurman was on talking about the game.  He said, early in the game WM was running around left end and had a chance to put a lick on a Pats DB and set the tone for the game, but instead chose to run out of bounds. 

One more year and move on.

814461[/snapback]

I was bothered by that play too. He needs a little more Walter Payton in him.

We should cut him right now just to make some of the people on this board happy. :doh:

He is the best player on offense, but you go ahead and keep on trashing him.

[As Marv used to say, if you start listening to the fans, you will end up sitting next to them in the stands]

Simon, he got almost all of his yardage on his own. You want to know who made the shovel pass work?

Merz.

814476[/snapback]

Yes he did, but on that first series he definitely ran OB to avoid contact with a 185lb corner. But apparently somebody chewed him out because after that he ran with a lot of passion.

And while Merz's pull was textbook, you gotta give some credit to Jason Peters on that play as well.

Cya

We should cut him right now just to make some of the people on this board happy. :lol:

He is the best player on offense, but you go ahead and keep on trashing him.

[As Marv used to say, if you start listening to the fans, you will end up sitting next to them in the stands]

814490[/snapback]

Just repeating what Thurman stated(and adding my opinion). I guess a soon to be HoF'er doesn't know what he is talking about? :doh:

PS The best player on this offense is Lee Evans.

A post to be proud of.  You should ad this gem to your signature. :doh:

814596[/snapback]

Willis isnt going ot be an 1800 yard back. But if he can churn out 1200-1300 and 8 TD's a season, why get rid of him? He hasnt held out yet, altho a lot of you act like he has.

Some people like to B word just because he has rosenhaus as his agent and he want to miami. If willis came from michigan no one would say a word.

Merz.

814476[/snapback]

Bill...that is a very good point.

I remember a time when folks where shuddering at the thought of Merz starting on our line because this supposid lack of talent latter round pick shouldn't even be in a bills uniform?

You know what? I am starting to think that the best thing for the bills might be to have a total youth movement....lets see what all of our youngsters can do...maybe not all of them at once but.....Brad Butler, Aaron Merz, Terrance Pennington......

Maybe they actually WANT to go out there and earn a damn job....

Oh and it just seems to me that if we want Magehee to be the focal point of our offense maybe we should get some RUN BLOCKERS?

Willis isnt going ot be an 1800 yard back. But if he can churn out 1200-1300 and 8 TD's a season, why get rid of him? He hasnt held out yet, altho a lot of you act like he has.

Some people like to B word just because he has rosenhaus as his agent and he want to miami. If willis came from michigan no one would say a word.

814600[/snapback]

Willis is a good running back.Not great but good. He is not a problem--unless he asks for BIG money..If he does then bye bye Willis.

Just repeating what Thurman stated(and adding my opinion).  I guess a soon to be HoF'er doesn't know what he is talking about?  <_<

PS The best player on this offense is Lee Evans.

814569[/snapback]

For what it is worth, TT is a friend of my sister (who produced his television show). TT does not share your opinion of Willis. ;)

As for Lee Evans, he is a good player, but he is the second best player on the offense.

For what it is worth, TT is a friend of my sister (who produced his television show).  TT does not share your opinion of Willis.  <_<

As for Lee Evans, he is a good player, but he is the second best player on the offense.

814646[/snapback]

Behind Peters, Gandy or Reed?