And the most overrated Bills award goes to...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Terrence McGee looked like a pro bowler today, as he has all season.

799318[/snapback]

If by Pro Bowler you mean pro bowler like Dick Weber is a pro bowler, not like Champ Bailey is a pro bowler, then I would have to defer to your superior knowledge of the hardwood. Otherwise...I think you are greatly mistaken.

Thats the first costly mistake the guy has made all year! Week in and week out I've noticed him breaking up passes all over the field. He comes to play every week. I wish I could say this stuff about Clements, although Nate doesn't deserve quite the amount of criticism some give him.

799339[/snapback]

BINGO! Clements isnt as amazing as he thinks he is, but he also draws more criticism than he deserves. He makes good plays when people dont realize this ... especially when your watching from TV. Yet when you are at the game, you can really see that 95% of the time he is blanketing his guy (especially on long routes). Thus why you hear his name only called 2 or 3 times a game. That is good for a CB. His biggest downside is he is not the best tackler. As far as him playing off the WR too much ... thats the D-Coordinators decision. That simple.

BINGO! Clements isnt as amazing as he thinks he is, but he also draws more criticism than he deserves. He makes good plays when people dont realize this ... especially when your watching from TV. Yet when you are at the game, you can really see that 95% of the time he is blanketing his guy (especially on long routes). Thus why you hear his name only called 2 or 3 times a game. That is good for a CB. His biggest downside is he is not the best tackler. As far as him playing off the WR too much ... thats the D-Coordinators decision. That simple.

799511[/snapback]

Your point about all of the good things Clements does, not being visable on tv is valid. However, only getting to see them on tv, it seems that more often than not, the guy misplaying the ball, missing the tackle, is Nate Clements. I like Clements too, but, IMO, his game has regressed over that the last season and 5 games. Perhaps it is unfair to judge him for last year (the whole team pretty much sucked), and maybe the new scheme isn't working for him, but no matter how you look at it, he has not produced like a franchise player.

Your point about all of the good things Clements does, not being visable on tv is valid.  However, only getting to see them on tv, it seems that more often than not, the guy misplaying the ball, missing the tackle, is Nate Clements.  I like Clements too, but, IMO, his game has regressed over that the last season and 5 games.  Perhaps it is unfair to judge him for last year (the whole team pretty much sucked), and maybe the new scheme isn't working for him, but no matter how you look at it, he has not produced like a franchise player.

799522[/snapback]

I think whenever something happens we go to blame Clements because he is the vet ... it just seems that way. Watch Champ Bailey play. There are games where he misses tackles (yes more than 1 game) and misplays balls. Its part of being a human. I guess what Im saying is that the Bills are better with having him on the field, that having him off the field. We went through this with Pat Williams and Antoine Winfield also. We kept looking at the bad things and never noticed the really good things.

Clements WITH Buffalo = good player who will make a few mistakes

Clements WITHOUT Buffalo = a team that lost a good player who will make a few mistakes, and will have to take their chances on a draftee who could do good or totally suck

I think whenever something happens we go to blame Clements because he is the vet ... it just seems that way. Watch Champ Bailey play. There are games where he misses tackles (yes more than 1 game) and misplays balls. Its part of being a human.

799527[/snapback]

No, I actually just think Clements misplays his coverages a lot, and maybe, tries to go for int's too often, rather than making a solid stop. He is rarely in position to make a solid tackle.

It could be, with the youth in the backfield, nobody has Clements back. Even with Milloy back there though, Clements got burned too often last year, IMO, to be considered an elite defensive back. I don't think he is awful, but I also don't think he is that much better than McGee, and I also think, he should be playing better...he has in the past.

Schobel. Constantly out of position on the run and not talented enough to be a top echolon pass rusher. He hides both of these flaws by being Mr. Hustle, but that only goes so far.

I wouldn't kick him off the team, but he isn't anywhere near the dominant DE some make him out to be.

No, I actually just think Clements misplays his coverages a lot, and maybe, tries to go for int's too often, rather than making a solid stop.  He is rarely in position to make a solid tackle.

It could be, with the youth in the backfield, nobody has Clements back.  Even with Milloy back there though, Clements got burned too often last year, IMO, to be considered an elite defensive back.  I don't think he is awful, but I also don't think he is that much better than McGee, and I also think, he should be playing better...he has in the past.

799763[/snapback]

Name a time he has EVER picked up the yardage and 3rd or 4th and short. In terms of tough yards he can't get them.

799951[/snapback]

Milloy? you mean that guy everyone was happy to get rid of this year?

Name a time the offensive line has opened up a hole for him on a short yardage situation. I assure you, that their is not a huge gaping hole and he decides to fall down behind it. Go back and watch the plays. Our line is getting better, but they get stuffed up the middle.

Milloy? you mean that guy everyone was happy to get rid of this year?

799999[/snapback]

I guess you are missing my point...being that Clements just doesn't have as many excuses as you are making for him...he needs to play like the guy he used to be, not the guy that he has been playing like, since last season.

I guess you are missing my point...being that Clements just doesn't have as many excuses as you are making for him...he needs to play like the guy he used to be, not the guy that he has been playing like, since last season.

800020[/snapback]

And I guess what I am asking is what is different about him? I dont see much. The only difference is that he does not have a decent cast around him. He use to have Winfield and that was a good tandem. Now he has 3 rookies and Terrence McGee. It seems to me like he is trying to over-compensate for their mistakes. Also when he does make a play (such as getting in front and tipping the ball yesterday) our other DB's cant catch the darn ball, which must frustrate him also.

The only thing that I have seen Clements change on is that he use to (first couple of years) just bat the ball down and go on his way, but the last couple of years he has been going for the INT) ... but that also could be due to the fact that he knows our offense cant score so he has too.

Personally I don't think Jim Leonhard takes enough flack for this team.......

Besides the reason Clements, Mcgee, and Schobel are being voted is because they've done enough to be rated high to begin with....Tim Anderson isn't good enough to be overrated or underrated.

Personally I don't think Jim Leonhard takes enough flack for this team.......

Besides the reason Clements, Mcgee, and Schobel are being voted is because they've done enough to be rated high to begin with....Tim Anderson isn't good enough to be overrated or underrated.

800122[/snapback]

And I'm aware this is an overrated thread, but I guess I'm just waiting for a poll for most overrated and most underrated players on D. <_<