Lions and Bills

There is a few reasons actually:

1. They are at home

2. John Kitna is a decent QB

3. Kevin Jones has had a great last 3 weeks

That aside I hope this loss puts a burn in the Bills that they take out on the Lions.

799079[/snapback]

I dunno about Kitna, but yeah....when a mediocre team plays a bad team on the road it's usually not a blowout. If we're favored it won't be by more than 2.

I don't care if the game is in mexico, every game is a must win from here on out. Kitna ain't s##t, and Jones, ain't no Willis.

799085[/snapback]

Well if it was played in Mexico then neither team would be at home :devil:

But anyway. Kevin Jones may not be Willis, but he is also going against our porous run defense.

Kitna went into this week, 3rd in the NFL in passing

Well if it was played in Mexico then neither team would be at home  ;)

But anyway. Kevin Jones may not be Willis, but he is also going against our porous run defense.

799087[/snapback]

Is that the same criteria that says David Carr is 1st? :devil:

Peyton Manning's stats for today : 20/31 for 166 yards and an INT ... he sucks right?

799126[/snapback]

This is a lousy comparison and you know it. This is an unusually ugly game for Manning. Kitna played a bad game, the type of which that have caused him to be cashiered from his previous jobs in Cincinatti and Seattle.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4157/c...3WJ_7GF_z3.uLYF

He has a career rating in the mid-70s, and gets intercepted as often as he throws TDs. I agree that we shouldn't take him lightly, but if he's a QB our offense has to fear, we're not going to have a lot of good games on the schedule.

This is a lousy comparison and you know it.  This is an unusually ugly game for Manning.  Kitna played a bad game, the type of which that have caused him to be cashiered from his previous jobs in Cincinatti and Seattle. 

He has a career rating in the mid-70s, and gets intercepted as often as he throws TDs.  I agree that we shouldn't take him lightly, but if he's a QB our offense has to fear, we're not going to have a lot of good games on the schedule.

799170[/snapback]

Do me a favor and point to the part on this thread where I said we should fear him? I never said that. I said he was a decent QB and not to take him lightly. The last time he had an actual chance to be the full-time starting QB was for the Bengals in 2003 and he had 3,591 yards, 26 TD's and 15 INT ... you call that not decent??? Heck - thats good.

Un-usual game for Peyton huh? This year Peyton has had 3 games of only 1 TD ... Last year he had 4 games with 0 TD's ... 2 games with 1 TD ... and 2 games with 2+ Int's ....

Well if it was played in Mexico then neither team would be at home  :D

799087[/snapback]

Until Willis picks up an inch in a crucial 3rd or 4th down you can't say he's better than jones. Willis is all talk with mediocre results.

Do me a favor and point to the part on this thread where I said we should fear him? I never said that. I said he was a decent QB and not to take him lightly. The last time he had an actual chance to be the full-time starting QB was for the Bengals in 2003 and he had 3,591 yards, 26 TD's and 15 INT ... you call that not decent??? Heck - thats good.

Un-usual game for Peyton huh? This year Peyton has had 3 games of only 1 TD ... Last year he had 4 games with 0 TD's ... 2 games with 1 TD ... and 2 games with 2+ Int's ....

799184[/snapback]

Dax didn't you used to love peyton? I seem to remember that from the Bledsoe days.

There is no reason why we don't march in to Detroit, and just beat the living S***  out of them,  just like Bears did to Us today.

799078[/snapback]

who really gives a crap? what so we drop a few more spots on draft day?

it's obvious this team isn't going to be a play off contender at this point, so why get excited about a meaningless win over detroit?

oh ya so we can get all excited again and then get kicked in the gut by a half decent team making us look like a joke.

blah.

it's obvious this team isn't going to be a play off contender at this point, so why get excited about a meaningless win over detroit?

oh ya so we can get all excited again and then get kicked in the gut by a half decent team making us look like a joke.

blah.

799364[/snapback]

Would you really rather see 2-14 than 7-9 or 8-8? If you would, more power to you, I guess, but I couldn't relate to those who were upset we won the Cinci game last year and I can't relate to you now.

blah.

799364[/snapback]

Dax, you wanted to call me a bad fan during the week? THIS is a bad fan.

Until Willis picks up an inch in a crucial 3rd or 4th down you can't say he's better than jones. Willis is all talk with mediocre results.

Dax didn't you used to love peyton? I seem to remember that from the Bledsoe days.

799358[/snapback]

Oh man I still love Peyton ... he is possibly my favorite QB of all time. I was simply making a point using him in this thread, thats all. I still love the guy.

THIS YEAR ALONE: McGahee has 100+ more yards, a better average, more first downs, and 2 less fumbles.

IN THEIR CAREERS: McGahee has 700+ more yards, more TD's, more 1st downs, and less fumbles.

So to me the fact that McGahee did not convert on a couple short yardage plays, does not mean that he is not much better than Jones.

There is a few reasons actually:

1. They are at home

2. John Kitna is a decent QB

3. Kevin Jones has had a great last 3 weeks

799079[/snapback]

Why are you kissing Detroit's butt?

While your secretly rooting for Detroit, I will be a Bills fan. I wish you would be a little more optimistic about your favorite team. To me a fan shouldnt be labeled a realist or non-realist.

Why are you kissing Detroit's butt?.

799540[/snapback]

There's thinking with your head, and thinking with your heart.

Then there's using your head to rationalize a gut feeling. Considering the Lions an easy out makes me queasy -- they had the Vikes on the ropes before four or five defensive injuries caught up to them. No need to question Daqix's heart on this.

Why are you kissing Detroit's butt?

While your secretly rooting for Detroit, I will be a Bills fan. I wish you would be a little more optimistic about your favorite team. To me a fan shouldnt be labeled a realist or non-realist.

799540[/snapback]

I would expect other people on this board to take something so completely out of context, but I wouldnt expect it from you. You are usually very level-headed.

That being said, what I said about Chicago was in referenece to people saying that they would kill us (and they did), now if you look at the original thread (1st post) you will see that the thread started said that there is no reason we dont beat the living *crap* out of Detroit ... I in no way and NEVER said we would lose to Detroit ... I said there are reasons that we would NOT beat the living *crap* out of them, yet I still expect the Bills to win.

:D

Then there's using your head to rationalize a gut feeling. Considering the Lions an easy out makes me queasy -- they had the Vikes on the ropes before four or five defensive injuries caught up to them. No need to question Daqix's heart on this.

799551[/snapback]

He is trying to be a smart-ass from something I said in another thread. Just forget about it. Its for the best. :D

799551[/snapback]

Actually that entire post was cut/pasted from his responses to other people who thought Chicago was better than the Bills.

Besides, instead of kissing their butt for the stuff they are good at were suppose to be talking about our team winning.

Actually that entire post was cut/pasted from his responses to other people who thought Chicago was better than the Bills.

Besides, instead of kissing their butt for the stuff they are good at were suppose to be talking about our team winning.

799577[/snapback]

To which I responded to above and you failed to comment about ...

799577[/snapback]

I was moderately hip to that fact, but being a selfish bastard, it was a convenient spot to insert my point.

And we get 52 weeks of Bills love... a week of Bears (or Lions) respect won't kill us. I mean when you're at the beach, your wife does'nt mind you looking... err... nevermind...

I was moderately hip to that fact, but being a selfish bastard, it was a convenient spot to insert my point.

And we get 52 weeks of Bills love... a week of Bears (or Lions) respect won't kill us. I mean when you're at the beach, your wife does'nt mind you looking... err... nevermind...

800104[/snapback]

oh boy :lol:

This is a lousy comparison and you know it.  This is an unusually ugly game for Manning.  Kitna played a bad game, the type of which that have caused him to be cashiered from his previous jobs in Cincinatti and Seattle. 

He has a career rating in the mid-70s, and gets intercepted as often as he throws TDs.  I agree that we shouldn't take him lightly, but if he's a QB our offense has to fear, we're not going to have a lot of good games on the schedule.

799170[/snapback]

I remind you that Kitna has played very well against the Bills in the past, going back to his time with Seattle. He's not a great QB, but he has taken advantage of the Bills' D a couple of times.

I know Detroit is really banged up.. i would hope the Bills could win this game but it will probably be like 20-13 or 21-17, something like that. No matter how injured Detroit is, Buffalo is just not good enough to win a road game by a comfortable margin against anyone right now. I'll take a 1 pt win.

There is no reason why we don't march in to Detroit, and just beat the living S***  out of them,  just like Bears did to Us today.

799078[/snapback]

"It's important to win two in row, three in a row, four in a row," said Losman. "It's important not to lose two in a row. Those are all things we have chances to do this week and next week, not that we're looking ahead. We have to get this win. It means everything from proving that we can win, that we can bounce back from the loss we had last week. That's our goal this week."

799170[/snapback]

Mike, Kitna wasn't "cashiered" from CIN. He won the NFL Comeback Player award in 2003, and manfully sat down without a peep as Palmer was the future. The B'gals certainly wanted to keep him this season, but Kitna wanted to get back in a starting role. CIN acquired Anthony Wright and Doug Johnson in the off-season; both played well enough in the pre-season.

Remember, Kitna was an UDFA - Central Washington IIRC. Unfortunately, he has small hands and so fumbles and ints are a problem for him.