A Few Thoughts About The Game....

1) I wonder if doing a sub-par, amateurish job against their ex-team is going to be (or already is in fact) a coaching tradition for the Bills?

2) I repeat, Tim Anderson is not good enough to have a job in professional football. I hope that he is cut this week.

3) Our rookie safties both had dreadful games. Out and out awful. Rookies are expected to screw up and have off days. That is a given. My point is that before kissing Marv's ass about what a great draft he had, some of you might want to take a deep breath and regroup.

4) Gandy certainly reminded us today as to exactly why he was a castoff. The Buffalo Bills need a strong Left Tackle.

5) OK, JP stunk up the field today. Big deal. His team was out played and out coached. What can one reasonably expect? On the few occasions in which he had time, he didn't look so bad.

6) I am high on our DEs, but they are lining up too wide and dropping into coverage WAY too often. Fewell seems to be getting too "cute."

7) I want to sit here and tell you how bad Preston played, but he wasn't the worst guy out there, and this is scary. The Bills offensive line continues to suck. As long as this continues (considering that there is an end in sight), the Bills will suck.

8) Say what you want about Willis, but today he fought for every inch.

9) There is always next week.

10) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1) I wonder if doing a sub-par, amateurish job against their ex-team is going to be (or already is in fact) a coaching tradition for the Bills?

2) I repeat, Tim Anderson is not good enough to have a job in professional football. I hope that he is cut this week.

3) Our rookie safties both had dreadful games. Out and out awful. Rookies are expected to screw up and have off days. That is a given. My point is that before kissing Marv's ass about what a great draft he had, some of you might want to take a deep breath and regroup.

4) Gandy certainly reminded us today as to exactly why he was a castoff. The Buffalo Bills need a strong Left Tackle.

5) OK, JP stunk up the field today. Big deal. His team was out played and out coached. What can one reasonably expect? On the few occasions in which he had time, he didn't look so bad.

6) I am high on our DEs, but they are lining up too wide and dropping into coverage WAY too often. Fewell seems to be getting too "cute."

7) I want to sit here and tell you how bad Preston played, but he wasn't the worst guy out there, and this is scary. The Bills offensive line continues to suck. As long as this continues (considering that there is an end in sight), the Bills will suck.

799030[/snapback]

In response to #3. Our veteran corners had dreadful days as well. Looked like the Bears players were covered in grease.

799030[/snapback]

I agree 100% with everything you said. On that sac by Anderson, he made Gandy look like my grandma trying to block him. Also, you are totally right about JP. He looked pretty good in the beginning of the game, but then he was getting pressured like a mother and threw some picks. I don't really blame him for his bad game. Lastly, Tim Anderson blows.

I am also worried that the cover 2 might not be the right defense for our corners. Nate and Terence looked horrible out there today.

799030[/snapback]

Agreed....Until we fix our LT position, the QB is going to be running for his life and the TE will never be part of the passing game.

Adding to above, I think we really need a TE that can be a part of the passing game. Something to keep a safety honest so we can use our speed downfield. Gandy's an average starter and would be a terrific depth player. Let's see if we can find someone to put in front of him next year.

In the mean time, I think we can still win 5-6 more games with what we have.

I agree with BuffOrange, Levy did pretty good against the Chiefs.

How can you single out Tim Anderson, when the rest of our D was completely outplayed?

Our entire secondary was dreadful. I cannot speak for Whitner, but Simpson was out there making a lot of tackles. He was the only player that was stopping the run.

Whereas "The Playmaker" was whiffing on many tackles.

Gandy did have a bad game, but I still think he is a solid player.

I agree with you here. JP had a terrible day. It was'nt the first time, and it wo'nt be the last. Let's see how he responds next week.

Maybe. They did get some good pressure on Grossman, but with the running success they were having, Grossman did'nt have to pass as much.

Actually the Bills O-Line did a decent job early on, then they sunk with the rest of the team as the game went on. It would be scary if anyone else gets hurt on the Line, because then we would have to play our rookies.

Yes he did. Also I would like to give credit to Lee Evans, he was the only WR that showed up today.

Yes it is. It's going to be an up and down, Jekyll/Hyde season.

Amen.

Why are you high on our de's?  Personally I think they've looked awful outside of the miami game.  I wont harp too much on the play of the secondary the tampa 2 is basically a non blitz defense relying heavily on pressure from the defensive line. There was none of that today.

799188[/snapback]

Yeah, our DE's are milking that Miami game like Flutie milked the '84 Miami game.

I thought the o-line, Gandy included, played great in pass protection. JP had time to throw today.

799212[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more. I try to defend JP as much as I can but today it was all on him and the WRs excpet Lee as he had ample pass protection against a good D and they stunk up the joint!

Has anyone mentioned how poor the tackling was for Buffalo? Maybe the worst i've ever seen from a Bills team. The Bears players were making us look stupid with all the juke moves and then when we did try to tackle we just slipped off them all day. It was embarassing.

It looked like a rebuilding team with a ton of young clueless players going against one of the better teams in the NFL with everything clicking. Until the network pulled the plug, that is.

The Bills were overmatched in the trenches (as expected) and made too many mistakes and missed tackles. As a result they got their hats shoved down their throats.

Rebuilding is a roller coaster.

I thought the O-line played very well in pass protection today considering who they were facing. Not so good blocking in the running game.

JP tried to force some balls into coverage today, which hurt because there were guys open underneath.

The 4th down fake IMO was a bad call and a call that was made too early in the game.

The corners today were far worse than our safeties.

Special teams weren't special at all.