Do you think Jp still considered a top 20 Qb?

I'm sorry I didn't realize the JP plays D line, Linebacker and D back also...I guess he was the one who didn't make the tackles.  Bottom line, be real, enjoy the thrills this team can provide but realize it isn't going anywhere...yet.  Would you rather have Malarky and crew?

798962[/snapback]

I guess you don't know sarcasm...

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He certainly wasn't ready for this game, thats for sure.

This could've been a big win, and Losman, along with the team choked.

798897[/snapback]

Losman was our best player in the 1st quarter. He came out throwing the ball very well.

He imploded in the 2nd quarter with the rest of the team, right around when we gave up on the run for some reason.

Losman was our best player in the 1st quarter.  He came out throwing the ball very well.

He imploded in the 2nd quarter with the rest of the team, right around when we gave up on the run for some reason.

798974[/snapback]

best player doesn't say much... but you're right.

The 2 early drive killers weren't. The Bills were marching twice and stupid plays by people not at the QB position killed drives. Shelton false start. Peerless drops a first down pass. You don't get those back. Tough opponent. Tough crowd. JP will have days like this.

I expected a better effort from the defense but didn't get it. They got their ass crunched. The corners got smoked. The D line got smoked. The linebackers sucked. It was an all-out suckfest on defense. You want to put this in someone's lap: try them.

798932[/snapback]

That about sums it up. If they had any chance to win the game it would have meant making almost no mistakes early and putting the Bears on the defensive. By all appearances Losman was doing his part early on. In the meantime guys were committing penalties, dropping passes and pics, missing tackles and making a bad snap.........it was typical Bills road game material from the past 6 years.

The problem this team will have all season is that they are very weak at the DT position, and as a result they can't sustain control of the LOS when the opponent isn't playing from behind. Tim Anderson and Larry Triplett are BOTH below average NFL starting DT's, and Williams and McCargo are worse at this point because they are not ready to shoulder the kind of load they are being asked to.

798897[/snapback]

Choked? Jesus, do you even understand this game? Or do you live to make miserable comments in the face of defeat?

Here's a little tip: Choking takes place when you're ahead, not behind. Our team is so young, it could barely get a driver's license. Entirely new management staff, 20 new players on the roster, new schemes on both sides of the ball, and going into the home of a team that has shut down just about everyone.

There was never a moment when we were ahead of Chicago, starting from the moment this season started, so please...take your defeatist crybaby crap and be a Fish fan or something.

Choked. Jesus.

WHY IS THIS SO HARD to understand?

When you go into a season with a game plan to run the ball play good defense and play field position....but your game plan falls apart and you are behind THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN.....

The bears were too good on defense......

798954[/snapback]

Because that was *not* our gameplan?

The Bills began the game with 13 passes and 5 runs, all while never down by more than 13-3.

JDG

798897[/snapback]

It's more that a number of you deluded yourselves into thinking we could beat the odds on favorite to win the NFC in their house.

The '90-'93 Bills would have struggled to win yesterday and this team isn't in the same universe as those.

When was JP ever considered a top 20 QB? No he's not and that's ok with me. I didn't expect that this year. Much like the Bills overall, JP is a work in process and as long as he continues to improve and move towards that level, that is all any reasonable fan should expect.

No.  Not right now.  This loss shows he STILL has a lot to learn. <_<

798868[/snapback]

What's this "still" business? ;-)

Top Tier QB's:

P. Manning

T. Brady

C. Palmer

D. McNabb

M. Hasselbeck

D. Carr

Second Tier QB's

E. Manning

M. Bulger

J. Delhomme

M. Vick (an * if ever there was one)

D. Brees

R. Grossman

P. Rivers

Third Tier QB's:

B. Leftwich

C. Pennington

B. Favre (I still put him up here)

S. McNair

A. Smith

Fourth Tier QB's:

J. Plummer

B. Roethlisberger

M. Brunell

C. Frye

B. Johnson

Cover-Your-Eyes-Awful Tier:

D. Bledsoe

J. Kitna

D. Culpepper

A. Brooks/A. Walter/M. Tuiasasopo

Unratabe:

M. Leinart

V. Young

B. Gradkowski

D. Huard

I probably put Losman at the bottom of that 4th Tier, which I guess gets him into the Top 20 - but consider that four teams are playing without ratable QB's, and another four are in the cover-your-eyes-awful tier (which I do *not* put Losman in), being in the Top 20 isn't saying that much....

JDG

Last week,  Matt Hasselbeck went 16 of 35 for 196 yards and 2 INTs against Chicago and Seattle lost 37-6.

798889[/snapback]

And JP Losman was even worse. Hasselbeck was pulled with 7:43 left. At the same point in yesterday's game, Losman was had managed a measely 89 yards - less than half! - on 10 of 22 passing.

Top Tier QB's:

P. Manning

T. Brady

C. Palmer

D. McNabb

M. Hasselbeck

D. Carr

Second Tier QB's

E. Manning

M. Bulger

J. Delhomme

D. Brees

R. Grossman

P. Rivers

Third Tier QB's:

B. Leftwich

C. Pennington

S. McNair

A. Smith

Fourth Tier QB's:

J. Plummer

B. Roethlisberger

M. Brunell

C. Frye

B. Johnson

D. Bledsoe

J. Kitna

D. Culpepper

Unratabe:

M. Leinart

V. Young

B. Gradkowski

D. Huard

I probably put Losman at the bottom of that 4th Tier, which I guess gets him into the Top 20 - but consider that four teams are playing without ratable QB's, and another four are in the cover-your-eyes-awful tier (which I do *not* put Losman in), being in the Top 20 isn't saying that much....

JDG

799660[/snapback]

Interesting analysis of QBs. One of the more controversial names on that list is Ben Roethlisberger. Yes, he played badly in the Super Bowl, and he hasn't exactly been dynamite this year. But last year, he was playing like a tier 1 QB in the regular season and in the playoffs. I disagree with your decision to rate him several tiers lower than, for example, David Carr. You've been a little generous to McNabb. McNabb didn't achieve a whole lot before he got Terrell Owens, he had that one good Owens year, then he got hurt/played badly last year. Yes, he's gotten off to a very good start this year, but it's just a few games in the eighth year of his career.

While I'm not exactly in awe of Bledsoe, I feel that putting him in the "cover your eyes awful tier" is a little harsh. This year, Bledsoe is averaging 6.86 yards per attempt; a somewhat higher figure than his career average of 6.64 yards per attempt.

I guess some of my disagreement with your analysis would go away if I knew it was based on what QBs are doing this year as opposed to what they've done throughout their careers. For example, Ben Roethisberger's career yards per attempt is 8.38, which is significantly better than McNabb's career average of 6.74. But Roethlisberger is off to a much worse start in 2006 than is McNabb.

What is your ranking based on? What kind of stats do you use? Do you compare the career stats or this year's numbers?

I hope you don't just choose few stats that favor your arguments or base everything on your observations like VABILLS.

What's this "still" business?  ;-)

Top Tier QB's:

P. Manning

T. Brady

C. Palmer

D. McNabb

M. Hasselbeck

D. Carr

Second Tier QB's

E. Manning

M. Bulger

J. Delhomme

D. Brees

R. Grossman

P. Rivers

Third Tier QB's:

B. Leftwich

C. Pennington

S. McNair

A. Smith

Fourth Tier QB's:

J. Plummer

B. Roethlisberger

M. Brunell

C. Frye

B. Johnson

D. Bledsoe

J. Kitna

D. Culpepper

Unratabe:

M. Leinart

V. Young

B. Gradkowski

D. Huard

JDG

799660[/snapback]