Why The Bills WILL WIN

5 Wide

cuz I want them to...

It's classic letdown game: The Bears, no matter what is being said have to be buying into the hype. I get the impression there is a distinct lack of respect being given in this match up. The Bills are coming together and I think this week they will make a statement within the team and to everyone else that there's something brewing in Orchard Park.

The new soldier field isn't known for excessive crowd noise and being an overly hostile environment (63,000 capacity)

The Bills are defiant: They are showing the swagger and the bonding needed for a team to lay it all on the line for each other. Chicago is allowing 4 yards/carry on the ground McGahee will be ready to go.

Chicago only has 2 receivers that can hurt you, and neither is a top flight threat. The TE is a nice player, but not a game changer. Look for Clements to make a statement this week (finally)

London Fletcher: He has spoken in the past about being slighted for the Pro-Bowl. You know that playing against an Urlacher team, he will be running on 108 octane.

The Bills are not intimidated: Chicago tries to present an image that they are the baddest team on turf and may get into the heads of some teams. I don't see that happening.

I was a skeptic at seasons start about the Bills and hungover from the TD era. I am seeing a group of players that enjoy playing the game, and they will go to the wall for the guy standing next to them. Bust em up this week.

One of the reasons I give the Bills a chance this week is the article I read saying that "Rex Grossman is the MVP in the league" so far. That's the kind of thinking that gets a team in trouble. Yes, he is playing very well. Yes, it's just a sportswriter, but that's the feeling I get from the Bears' players, local (Chicago) and national writers, and fans. Once every ten years it holds true and the team plays great the whole year. Usually, it's the sign of an overconfident team that thinks it's unbeatable and about to get a rude awakening from a team it is much better than. And a LOT of times in the NFL, when virtually everyone thinks a game is going to go one way, it goes the other.

I give the Bills about a 25% chance of coming out of there with a win. Which is pretty much what it should be.

If our O-line plays well and we can get pressure on Grossman, we could win this game convincingly. I don't really buy into the NFC period. I think that the AFC is the powerhouse of the NFL now. We lost games to NE (Threw it away) and the Jets (who should've beaten the Colts last week). From top to bottom we're in a tougher conference. The Bears stomped a Seattle team that is clearly not as good as last year's. They had no Alexander and lost the best Guard in the game last off-season. All of a sudden they're anointed as king? Pssshhh, I'm not buying that crap either.

The Bears just eked past the Vikings a couple weeks ago. I was eyeballing that game as the Bills were giving away the Jets game.

I was certain the Bears had lost, they were being whooped. But somehow they won. I didn't see the end of the game.

We played the Vikes and beat them, correct? We can beat the Bears. Win the turnover battle, have some good special teams play, play good defense, run an efficient offense.

cuz I want them to...

The Bills are defiant:  They are showing the swagger and the bonding needed for a team to lay it all on the line for each other.  Chicago is allowing 4 yards/carry on the ground McGahee will be ready to go. 

will go to the wall for the guy standing next to them.  Bust em up this week.

797054[/snapback]

Excellent point! That fits right into the Bills' game plan. Keep runnin' willis, don't turn the ball over, and play great defense. The Bears can be had!

There are matches that i like for Buffalo and there are matches I dont.

First, I think the Bears DL is going to cause some problems for Buffalo's line.

The one matchup i love, well I shouldnt call it a matchup but, with the defense the Bears run, atleast its something this offense has faced in training camp.

I dont see this being a high scoring game at all.....I think its going to be a defensive game.

But if Buffalo is going to pull this one off they better play the game on a short field atleast offensively.......and they need to get after Grossman, hes still young and will make mistakes. If we let their offense click and move the ball all over the field, then Bills are in trouble. We hold that offense down and protect the ball on offense Buffalo has a slim shot at winning the game!

Why do you see them only passing?

797078[/snapback]

they are pass happy and don't really run well.

if we do well against their run early they will be one dimensional and IMO that plays well into our strength on D

they are pass happy and don't really run well.

if we do well against their run early they will be one dimensional and IMO that plays well into our strength on D

797482[/snapback]

Their running game hasn't been very effective, but they have actually had more running plays than the Bills. They are smart in that they don't give up on the run, even though they really don't rack up the yards. Plus, Benson is now fully healthy, and I think we will see more of him in this game (not that I think that will give them more yards per rush, but it will keep their RB's fresh).

Especially playing against a team who has shown a weakness against the run, I doubt we see a pass happy bears team. They will still run plenty.

Their running game hasn't been very effective, but they have actually had more running plays than the Bills.  They are smart in that they don't give up on the run, even though they really don't rack up the yards.  Plus, Benson is now fully healthy, and I think we will see more of him in this game (not that I think that will give them more yards per rush, but it will keep their RB's fresh).

Especially playing against a team who has shown a weakness against the run, I doubt we see a pass happy bears team.  They will still run plenty.

797490[/snapback]

If you have a look at the play-by-play of each Bears game you will notice that your statement of..."they don't give up on the run" is not really on the money.

For the most of it(3 out of 4 games) the Bears have racked up a good lead in their games. They have done this by predominantly passing. In the second halves(usually late 3rd) they go to the run-run-run mode(with occasional pass). They end up with roughly 50-50 run-pass ratio but their main game-plan is to pass.

The Vikings game was a good example of this. The Vikes shut down Grossman....therefore when they got to the second half they did not have a great lead(like the other 3 games). Therefore they continued to play as they had been....i.e. lots of passing. That game ended with Grossman attempting 41 throws, 3 rushes & 1 sack compared to 18 rushes by the running backs.

To me, this game clearly hinges on our secondary & pass rush. If we stop the Bears from passing effectively we will win. Their running game has been ineffectual except for grinding out the clock or the occasional spurt.

You say we have shown a weakness against the run....this is true.

What also is true is that we have improved in our run D each week....which is to be expected since we have a new D scheme & 2 DT rookies playing major roles.

Our last two run D performances(NYJ & MIN) have been...

40-137-3.4ypa

Bears last two run D performances(MIN & SEA) have been...

43-174-4.0ypa

Does all of this mean we are going to win.....I've got no idea....I hope we win....we'll probably lose but....it is certainly no certainty.

My point is that people are definitely over-rating the Bears & strangely enough under-rating the Bills.

GO BILLS!!

I think that too many people on this board are doing the same thing as the bears fans.

We are picking apart the Bears offense and defense and over estermating what the Bills are capable of doing. The Bills are improving but still have a long way to go to compete on the road in Chicago.

Bills - 38

Bears- 0

797174[/snapback]

:D Run up a score like that with DICK JAURON as Head Coach?!? :D

We had him in Chicago for about 5 years. If he get's up by a FG, he'll try to just sit on that lead and burn the clock, hoping that his Defense will keep the other team from scoring at all... :lol:

The Bears just eked past the Vikings a couple weeks ago.  I was eyeballing that game as the Bills were giving away the Jets game.

I was certain the Bears had lost, they were being whooped.  But somehow they won.  I didn't see the end of the game.

We played the Vikes and beat them, correct?  We can beat the Bears.  Win the turnover battle, have some good special teams play, play good defense, run an efficient offense.

797164[/snapback]

Its amazing how much perceptions can change in just one week. I don't think people would be considering this a "no-hoper game" if we were getting the Bears right after the Vikings game. Suddenly, though, the Bears beat the Seahawks without Sean Alexander and its 1985 all over again.

The Bears are good, and I like Dick Jauron's ability to make this a close, ugly, ball-control football game. If JP Losman can continue his improvement, I even think that we pull the upset...

JDG

Its amazing how much perceptions can change in just one week.  I don't think people would be considering this a "no-hoper game" if we were getting the Bears right after the Vikings game.  Suddenly, though, the Bears beat the Seahawks without Sean Alexander and its 1985 all over again.

The Bears are good, and I like Dick Jauron's ability to make this a close, ugly, ball-control football game.  If JP Losman can continue his improvement, I even think that we pull the upset...

JDG

797913[/snapback]

I think there is too much HYPE for the Bears the team to beat. Ok so i asked the question who have they beaten-Detroit-Greenbay-convincingly but so has other teams thru the first 4 weeks. The y Bear-ly got by Minnesotta-We did beat them too. The most impressive win Was against Seattle-but was it without Sean Alexander-maybe-or not.

What i know are two things-CHicago is not unbeatable and the teams the beat really arent that impressive and when things dont go there way they will collapse.

I also know that I have seen the Bills-the major underdogs this year outplay all of there opponents this season thus far and could just as easily be 4-0 as well. But our reality is we are still learning to win and have ateam of players that want to prove it to themselves more than anyone else that they are as good as the beleive they are and will try and make the mark in the Loss column for the Bears and going above 500 for the first time this season. This team has grit and a no give up attitude which is what t has been lacking for years. The will fight it out to the las minute. IF they do lose it will be the same as the other 2 losses rookie mistakes.

All in all this team is impressing me. Though i have no real expectations this season except that the get better. Thus far they have exceeded that by plying dominating football and they have only beaten themselves. The other team got the win but they have been able to capitalize on out rookie mistakes. Hopefully they walk away with this one.