Whitner Named NFL Rookie of the Month

ACor58

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it.  Actually most of us (including me) thought it was a reach.  What a nice comeuppance for ML and DJ. Now if we only finish this season over .500-how do you get elected to the Hall of Fame twice?

789343[/snapback]

at least the NFL Executive of the Year......I am sure the Media guys will be

so ashamed of having criticized him and his age, they will never nominate him

for that title.

This was a very good draft by the old man.....if he can match it next year then we will be on our way back to the show.....

These guys will be even better next year with a year of experience under their belt......

I think our 1st pick in next years draft should be spend on a speed rush end or a offensive linemen (trading down of course)

I think our 1st pick in next years draft should be spend on a speed rush end or a offensive linemen (trading down of course)

789354[/snapback]

Maybe there won't be a need to trade down (@ least in the first round)???

If we do end up w/ a high to mid round pick, I sure hope it's for a pass rusher, IF there's one suitable for that pick, that is.

Way to go Donte! :doh: Ya had me a little scared with the holdout.

Hats off to Marv as well. Our record for the last 11 years or so proves that concentrating on DBs, RBs and Recievers as early as possible in the draft has resulted in winning a ton of football games.

As for qbs.....don't just draft them.....trade away picks for them as well!

Way to go Donte!  :doh:  Ya had me a little scared with the holdout.

Hats off to Marv as well. Our record for the last 11 years or so proves that concentrating on DBs, RBs and Recievers as early as possible in the draft will result in winning a ton of football games.

789380[/snapback]

Oh William.

Whitner has done a pretty decent job out of the gate. He should be commended on that. As to your argument, I think we can look @ the Raiders and see that drafting OL high doesn't guarantee tons of wins, either. I'm just hoping Marv and company will concern themselves w/ drafting the best PLAYERS for this team, regardless of position. We got a starting DT out of this draft, just not where people wanted to: we got him in the 5th round. As for the OL, I posted yesterday about how I feel they're much better in run blocking but still need work (interior especially) in pass protection. They're a work in progress, but it's pretty decent progress so far.

It's still too early to tell for sure, so we'll see what happens down the line. So far though, I like the defensive players we were able to acquire in this draft.

For those of you looking for a link 1) the news came via text and 2) http://www.buffalobills.com/ are you really that lazy?

789384[/snapback]

Not so much lazy as I had already checked out ESPN, Sportsline, SI, and NFL.com...you know, because if something like Rookie of the Month is announced you figured you'd find it on the league's official website. But thanks.

Way to go Donte!  :doh:  Ya had me a little scared with the holdout.

Hats off to Marv as well. Our record for the last 11 years or so proves that concentrating on DBs, RBs and Recievers as early as possible in the draft will result in winning a ton of football games.

789380[/snapback]

And hey, at least we have a broken record to listen to.