JP's Accuracy

Hardy Pyle

Both of those passes were not only bad passes but bad ideas. It was worse if they were complete. That is not the place to check down, that is the place to throw the ball OB or into the dirt. If Willis was smart, he would have knocked the second one down.

786049[/snapback]

I disagree on the first one Kelly. Willis had lots of room to run and get out of bounds. There was no one anywhere near him. We were on our own 38 and I think he would have picked up 15 easy and we would have been just over midfield with a minute left and one time out still to use. That was actually a hard pass to throw, getting it over a DL and yet needing it then to drop like a stone after that to get to Willis. A sandwedge to the green over a trap. "Up and down in a hurry." Tough to do with gusts over 20 MPH. The second screen was just baaaaad.

Are you kidding me? That as a GREAT press conference. Especially when you consider the type of absolute full-goose-bozo idiotic questions they were asking him.

"JP, were you hoping to win today so that the win in Miami and a win today would help the team have something to build on?

"JP, did you watch Chad Pennington at all yesterday?"

If anything, you should be riding the local media for asking the absolute most moronic questions known to mankind. And all JP did was answer the questions honestly. Goddam right the team doesn't care what anyone else has to say or think, and to respond any differently would be embarrassing.

Jesus.

786151[/snapback]

You just made too much sense. Go back to your room, as you obviously don't belong on here today.

I too, thought the press conference answers were great.

Its not his accuracy, nor his arm, or his athletic abilities that worry me about JP.

Its his brain.

Look at his post game press conference, he nearly turns on the media, saying on how he doesn't care what people think of the team on tv, when he obviously does.

786021[/snapback]

Yep. His head worries me as well and I can only hope he matures enough to know you don't necessarily say it if you feel especially like he does sometimes.

Nevertheless, post game comments aside it is his game brain that still concerns me and I really hop to see him improve through the whole season. That is, feeling D pressure even when it is supposed to be picked up and getting rid of it, etc...

Hopefully DJ and Fairchild will get on him in the mtgs to make sure he is more aware on the guys coming behind him.

Yep.  His head worries me as well and I can only hope he matures enough to know you don't necessarily say it if you feel especially like he does sometimes. 

Nevertheless, post game comments aside it is his game brain that still concerns me and I really hop to see him improve through the whole season.  That is, feeling D pressure even when it is supposed to be picked up and getting rid of it, etc...

Hopefully DJ and Fairchild will get on him in the mtgs to make sure he is more aware on the guys coming behind him.

786186[/snapback]

You clearly have a visceral hatred of JP Losman that has driven you to delusions...

Finally, if I am not mistaken, you also just said, given his effort--

it was inhuman for Willis to NOT catch the ball.

Thank you for providing the single stupidest comment in this history of this board, and perhaps in the history of the internet. It would have been inhuman to not catch the ball. That's a peach.

786163[/snapback]

I will bet you $1000 that you can't find a single post where I typed those words.

If you are going to put things in big, bold, blue, letters you shouldn't have to resort to making things up, Fox News boy....

JDG

I will bet you $1000 that you can't find a single post where I typed those words.

If you are going to put things in big, bold, blue, letters you shouldn't have to resort to making things up, Fox News boy....

JDG

786198[/snapback]

Did someone just refer to Kelly as Fox News Boy?!?!?!?! :blush::angry::doh::huh:

Are you kidding me? That as a GREAT press conference. Especially when you consider the type of absolute full-goose-bozo idiotic questions they were asking him.

"JP, were you hoping to win today so that the win in Miami and a win today would help the team have something to build on?

"JP, did you watch Chad Pennington at all yesterday?"

If anything, you should be riding the local media for asking the absolute most moronic questions known to mankind. And all JP did was answer the questions honestly. Goddam right the team doesn't care what anyone else has to say or think, and to respond any differently would be embarrassing.

Jesus.

786151[/snapback]

The personnel in Media are either JDG and Holcombs_Arm in disguise or the persones with those ids on this message board are persons in Media who hate JP.

What he said specifically was, we don't care what you guys say about us, good or bad, we go about our jobs the same. We work hard and play hard and try to win. How exactly is that turning on the media?

786042[/snapback]

Go back and look at all his posts.

He's nothing but a hating moron.

I disagree on the first one Kelly.  Willis had lots of room to run and get out of bounds.  There was no one anywhere near him.  We were on our own 38 and I think he would have picked up 15 easy and we would have been just over midfield with a minute left and one time out still to use.  That was actually a hard pass to throw, getting it over a DL and yet needing it then to drop like a stone after that to get to Willis.  A sandwedge to the green over a trap.  "Up and down in a hurry."  Tough to do with gusts over 20 MPH.  The second screen was just baaaaad.

786166[/snapback]

I agree. In fact, I remember specifically after that fist pass that Willis was exposing the palms of his hands and shaking them as if to point out the obvious... that they were wet -- and, hence, why he was unable to come up with the ball. The second pass was clearly a bad one by JP.

What he said specifically was, we don't care what you guys say about us, good or bad, we go about our jobs the same. We work hard and play hard and try to win. How exactly is that turning on the media?

786042[/snapback]

Shutup! It's more fun to try and pick the guy apart because we're perfect in our own lives!

JDG

786198[/snapback]

What exactly is the distinction between "inhuman to knock it down" after a guy catches a pass, and "inhuman not to catch the ball" after the guy catches a pass. They are the same thing. One is, it can't be an incompletion, the other is, it can't be an incompletion. How much of a moron do you have to be to understand that Willis didn't have to catch the pass if he didn't want to, and could have knocked it down or dropped it on purpose? Frankly, I would think any pass in the history of football that was actually caught is able to be knocked down.

What exactly is the distinction between "inhuman to knock it down" after a guy catches a pass, and "inhuman not to catch" it after the guy catches a pass. They are the same thing. One is, it can't be an incompletion, the other is, it can't be an incompletion. How much of a moron do you have to be to understand that Willis didn't have to catch the pass if he didn't want to, and could have knocked it down or dropped it on purpose?

786346[/snapback]

Do you talk to inanimate objects in your house too?

This was a big talking point last season. This season, his passes seem very accurate. Some nice touch for the screens. etc would be nice, but I have been pleased the way he has gunned in passes for his receivers.

I wish we would do more short passing. I don't mind the long stuff, but it seemed at times yesterday JP had outlets to pass to and was looking deep.

But his accuracy no longer appears to be a concern.

785983[/snapback]

Great post, I agree. He's definitely a work-in-progress, but I'm very happy with the accuracy improvement over last year.