JP's Accuracy

Hardy Pyle

This was a big talking point last season. This season, his passes seem very accurate. Some nice touch for the screens. etc would be nice, but I have been pleased the way he has gunned in passes for his receivers.

I wish we would do more short passing. I don't mind the long stuff, but it seemed at times yesterday JP had outlets to pass to and was looking deep.

But his accuracy no longer appears to be a concern.

This was a big talking point last season. This season, his passes seem very accurate. Some nice touch for the screens. etc would be nice, but I have been pleased the way he has gunned in passes for his receivers.

I wish we would do more short passing. I don't mind the long stuff, but it seemed at times yesterday JP had outlets to pass to and was looking deep.

785983[/snapback]

That is what is known as growing in the job....Just like any other Job, Losman needs to be in the Job to be growing and that is what he is doing this season.

I hope Jauron does not do a Mularkey and panic and put KH in the middle. This

team needs McGahee and Losman to grow together to accomplish bigger things.

yup...I love his accuracy. Peerless and Lee are just gonna have to work harder to get under those bombs and reel them in! My goodness when they start connecting we are going to kill some teams with those bombs. With Willis running well defenses are just not gonna have the horses to cover those two deep. Gonna be a very interesting day once that long passing game actually comes together.

Its not his accuracy, nor his arm, or his athletic abilities that worry me about JP.

Its his brain.

Look at his post game press conference, he nearly turns on the media, saying on how he doesn't care what people think of the team on tv, when he obviously does.

786021[/snapback]

What he said specifically was, we don't care what you guys say about us, good or bad, we go about our jobs the same. We work hard and play hard and try to win. How exactly is that turning on the media?

After the on side kick he really seemed to lose control, but I think the ball was slick.

786044[/snapback]

Both of those passes were not only bad passes but bad ideas. It was worse if they were complete. That is not the place to check down, that is the place to throw the ball OB or into the dirt. If Willis was smart, he would have knocked the second one down.

Both of those passes were not only bad passes but bad ideas. It was worse if they were complete. That is not the place to check down, that is the place to throw the ball OB or into the dirt. If Willis was smart, he would have knocked the second one down.

786049[/snapback]

I was screaming, "Drop it" :blush:

It would have stopped the clock.

786049[/snapback]

I think it is grossly unfair to suggest that Willis should have had the smarts to try and knock down a pass while fully extended to catch Losman's poorly-decided, over-thrown, touchless, missile that was lobbed at him.

Moreover, Willis had to know that the *coaches* had tol him to run an outlet route for a reason. It would be insubordination for Willis to decide that he is going to knock down a ball that is thrown to him. Hopefully, if the ball is thrown well, Willis can gain a few yards and get out of bounds.

I'm one of Willis' biggest critics, but I can't fault him for this one. That play is entirely Losman's fault, and to a lesser degree, the coaches'.

JDG

785983[/snapback]

I still saw a few passes thrown in the dirt today, but overall, his accuracy is much better than it was last year.

His decision-making, however, seemed generally terrible. Several times he launched bombs into double-coverage. Many times he would run around extensively behind the line, but never seemed to find an open man (was everyone *really* covered?) And his performance on the final drive with one minute left was abysmal. It appears that Losman simply doesn't have the ice running through his veins in those late-game jittery moments that good "comeback" quarterbacks have...

JDG

I think it is grossly unfair to suggest that Willis should have had the smarts to try and knock down a pass while fully extended to catch Losman's poorly-decided, over-thrown, touchless, missile that was lobbed at him. 

Moreover, Willis had to know that the *coaches* had tol him to run an outlet route for a reason.  It would be insubordination for Willis to decide that he is going to knock down a ball that is thrown to him.  Hopefully, if the ball is thrown well, Willis can gain a few yards and get out of bounds. 

I'm one of Willis' biggest critics, but I can't fault him for this one.  That play is entirely Losman's fault, and to a lesser degree, the coaches'.

JDG

786091[/snapback]

You are so utterly deluded in your criticism of Losman that you just called a ball a missile that was lobbed.

I had already said Losman's pass was not only a bad pass but a bad decision. Both of them. And frankly, I am almost positive that the coaches would have patted McGahee on the back and screamed "Nice play!" if Willis if he would have knocked the ball down. He had almost no zero of gaining more than a couple yards and a great chance of being tackled in bounds, which of course he was immediately. There was a 1:10 left in the game and the Bills had to use their last timeout because he caught it.

I am not blaming Willis anyway. It was Losman's fault for sure. But it would have been a smart, heads up play by Willis to knock it down rather than catch it and immediately get tackled three yards behind the line of scrimmage.

I still saw a few passes thrown in the dirt today, but overall, his accuracy is much better than it was last year.

His decision-making, however, seemed generally terrible.  Several times he launched bombs into double-coverage.  Many times he would run around extensively behind the line, but never seemed to find an open man (was everyone *really* covered?)    And his performance on the final drive with one minute left was abysmal.    It appears that Losman simply doesn't have the ice running through his veins in those late-game jittery moments that good "comeback" quarterbacks have...

JDG

786095[/snapback]

Considering that he brought the team back with 2 drives in the final quarter to put 10 points is a big achievement. How many QBs are there in the league that are asked to do 3 game saving drives in the final quarter.....very few in a Brady or a Manning....May be a Roethelisberger....but look how he stunk up the joint yesterday....

Considering that we had no QB until yesterday who could even mount a single comeback drive.....for some one to bring us back in the game with 2 drives was pretty good....

If our Defense stops them on that last drive....then this is a different ball game.

You can continue your hatred of Losman....

You are so utterly deluded in your criticism of Losman that you just called a ball a missile that was lobbed.

786105[/snapback]

Yeah, and I'm sure that you've never made a poor choice of words on an Internet message board after seeing a play only once.

The point remains, given the effort McGahee had to put into catching that ball, it would have been very difficult, if not inhuman, for him to knock it down.

The only person who is deluded is the person who somehow concluded from a 2-2 playoff record in two healthy seasons that a certain QB could never possibly appear in a Super Bowl. Yeah, Kelly, *I'm* the deluded one here.....

JDG

Its not his accuracy, nor his arm, or his athletic abilities that worry me about JP.

Its his brain.

Look at his post game press conference, he nearly turns on the media, saying on how he doesn't care what people think of the team on tv, when he obviously does.

786021[/snapback]

Are you kidding me? That as a GREAT press conference. Especially when you consider the type of absolute full-goose-bozo idiotic questions they were asking him.

"JP, were you hoping to win today so that the win in Miami and a win today would help the team have something to build on?

"JP, did you watch Chad Pennington at all yesterday?"

If anything, you should be riding the local media for asking the absolute most moronic questions known to mankind. And all JP did was answer the questions honestly. Goddam right the team doesn't care what anyone else has to say or think, and to respond any differently would be embarrassing.

Jesus.

Yeah, and I'm sure that you've never made a poor choice of words on an Internet message board after seeing a play only once.

The point remains, given the effort McGahee had to put into catching that ball, it would have been very difficult, if not inhuman, for him to knock it down. 

The only person who is deluded is the person who somehow concluded from a 2-2 playoff record in two healthy seasons that a certain QB could never possibly appear in a Super Bowl.  Yeah, Kelly, *I'm* the deluded one here.....

JDG

786144[/snapback]

You are not only deranged and deluded but cannot read either. In the post you question, I actually DID say that it was possible, and not only possible to not play in it but win it. And I never ever said or implied that it was impossible, except if you are able to take away the one thing he does great. His short game. Which I said he does as good or better than anyone in the entire league, and then compared him to the best quarterback in the league.

First, let me preface this by saying that Chad Pennington was the reason I thought the jets won, and JP was likely the reason the Bills lost. I also think that Pennington has outplayed Losman in each of the three games so far this year. But it doesn't matter. I used to think Drew was the biggest tease in the NFL but Pennington is even worse.

CP is absoluteky great at what he did today. Perhaps the best in the league. Right up there with Brady. But I will bet anyone here right now that pennington will never even make it to a Super Bowl let alone win one in his entire career. He is great at one thing. IF he has great coaching and great defense and great special teams and great luck, sure it's possible that he could win. But if you take away the one thing he does great, he will never win. And that's why if I were a GM I would take Losman over Pennington. At least with Losman you have a chance. IMO, with Pennington you have a good chance to win games like this. You have little to no chance at winning it all.

He simply cannot beat you except in games like this. That's why I think the Bills were thoroughly outcoached in this game. You have to find a way to not let him beat you the only way he can beat you. Sure, it's difficult, and you cannot do it every time. But we let him do the only thing he can can do and we lost because of it.

Losman may prove to be a far worse QB than Pennington. That is completely up in the air right now. But I know or I am convinced that you cannot win with Pennington. He's the biggest tease in the league. I would much prefer, say, Brad Johnson than Chad Pennington. And right now I would taker Losman over him, too. The Jets are goig nowhere with him, regardless of how absolutely fantastic he is at the short game.

Finally, if I am not mistaken, you also just said, given his effort--

it was inhuman for Willis to NOT catch the ball.

Thank you for providing the single stupidest comment in this history of this board, and perhaps in the history of the internet. It would have been inhuman to not catch the ball. That's a peach.