JPs post game press conference's

Rayzer32

I swear man, I had AWESOME seats yesterday. Just awesome. But some of the TWATS in that section astonished me. For season ticket holders, they had absolutely no clue WTF was going on in that game.

785453[/snapback]

I had the same situation last year except it resulted in my dad getting vomited on. I think that there being nothing to do in Buffalo truly means that lowlifes with nothing to do but get sh---faced have started to appear more frequently at the Ralph.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the OL gave JP lots of time, and JP got too comfortable and when the pressure came he wasn't ready to throw it away.

The first fumble was 3-4 at the Jets 19, if he throws it away there is 3 points.

The second one was first and 10 at the Bills 33, I think they were going deep on this one, if he throws it away, they still have the ball.

785449[/snapback]

I might give you the first fumble as he did see the blitzer and could have just tossed it away (though I would have prefered that he just played it safe and ate the sack), but how do you expect him to throw the second one away? Are you suggesting that anytime he sees the blitz he should just throw it away instead of having confidence in his RB to actually (gasp!) pick it up like he's supposed to?

The second JP fumble was a result of Willis missing badly on picking up the safety, we should bring Thurman back to teach him how to pick up a blitz.

BTW - We found a QB. The end. JP reminded me of a young John Elway out there yesterday. WTF!!! He looked friggin awesome. He'll learn to take better care of the ball, but my friggin God.

Tough loss, but we can take so much away from this game. This is the way a young, inexperienced team that gonna be friggin awesome someday, loses games. Absolutely dominate the opposition but make a few key mistakes that lead to a loss. We'll learn to eliminate those mistakes, then look the f---out!!!

I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited for a Bills team and era since 1988!!!!

The second JP fumble was a result of Willis missing badly on picking up the safety, we should bring Thurman back to teach him how to pick up a blitz.

BTW - We found a QB.  The end.  JP reminded me of a young John Elway out there yesterday.  WTF!!!  He looked friggin awesome.  He'll learn to take better care of the ball, but my friggin God. 

Tough loss, but we can take so much away from this game.  This is the way a young, inexperienced team that gonna be friggin awesome someday, loses games.  Absolutely dominate the opposition but make a few key mistakes that lead to a loss.  We'll learn to eliminate those mistakes, then look the f---out!!!

I can honestly say that I haven't been this excited for a Bills team and era since 1988!!!!

I agree. I say spend like crazy over the off-season on the O-line and WATCHOUT!

What I take from the Press Conference....Jerry Sullivan is a first rate A*hole. His 1st question was "does this loss now bring you back down to earth"? What is that? To me, that is insulting and is not a class way to interview someone. He's just trying to stir something up by being confrontational. There are much better ways to ask the tough questions. Sully wants to make like he is a top writer, but the top national level writers show more class and respect for the people they cover. At least publicly. No wonder many of the bills and sabres duck the guy, and he gets no inside stories.

His other question to JP was, if he got to see the magnificent way the Chad Pennington played and ran the game. That too is a big slap in the face. Turns out to be a loaded question, as it was the topic of Sully's column today...

He has no class and no tact in dealing with people.

What I take from the Press Conference....Jerry Sullivan is a first rate A*hole.  His 1st question was "does this loss now bring you back down to earth"?  What is that?  To me, that is insulting and is not a class way to interview someone.  He's just trying to stir something up by being confrontational.  There are much better ways to ask the tough questions.  Sully wants to make like he is a top writer, but the top national level writers show more class and respect for the people they cover.  At least publicly.  No wonder many of the bills and sabres duck the guy, and he gets no inside stories.

His other question to JP was, if he got to see the magnificent way the Chad Pennington played and ran the game.  That too is a big slap in the face.  Turns out to be a loaded question, as it was the topic of Sully's column today...

785766[/snapback]

That was a typical Sullivan kind of thing. He asks JP during the press conference if he saw how well Pennington played. Losman says no, I have a lot of things to do on the sidelines, talk to my linemen, talk to my recievers, talk to my coaches, concentrate on what I need to do and get prepared for the next series, I don't have time to watch the other guys during the game. Then Sullivan implies that Losman doesn't pay attention to how other player's do things, when all he said was he didn't watch them in the middle of his game, which he shouldn't be.

His other question to JP was, if he got to see the magnificent way the Chad Pennington played and ran the game.  That too is a big slap in the face.  Turns out to be a loaded question, as it was the topic of Sully's column today...

785766[/snapback]

JP should have just snorted back at him to go and watch the game against Miami...He too managed that game having to throw only for 85 yards and come

with a victory. I don't think JP needs to watch a tape of Pennington to see how to win.

Sullivan does have no class.

He's always been a stand-up guy with the media.  That's great, but doesn't mean much if he doesn't play well next week.

785388[/snapback]

Amen...he has always been stand-up, and said the right things...he is making progress on the field, but he still has a ways to go...overall, I feel much better about him now, than I did after three starts last season...

JP should have just snorted back at him to go and watch the game against Miami...He too managed that game having to throw only for 85 yards and come

with a victory.  I don't think JP needs to watch a tape of Pennington to see how to win.

Sullivan does have no class.

785808[/snapback]

JP basically did. He said stats mean nothing, he had no idea what his stats were and he would take a W over any stats.

I think the OL gave JP lots of time, and JP got too comfortable and when the pressure came he wasn't ready to throw it away.

The first fumble was 3-4 at the Jets 19, if he throws it away there is 3 points.

The second one was first and 10 at the Bills 33, I think they were going deep on this one, if he throws it away, they still have the ball.

785449[/snapback]

You've been repeating this in multiple threads, so I feel justified in calling you on it.

On both plays, the strong safety, Kerry Rhodes, blitzes untouched. That means the quarterback had however long it takes for a safety to run 15 yards in a straight line. Maybe 20 yards on the second play because the safety came from the outside. Either way, holding on too long was absolutely not the issue. In addition, attempting to throw the ball away, as you suggest, is the root cause of the first fumble.

The only question I would have for Losman if I were the coaches would be to ask if he had done everything reasonable to protect the ball.

You are making it seem like the offensive line all held their blocks for 5 seconds or that he got hit by an unblocked 400 lb. defensive tackle moving at a sloth's pace. That was clearly not the case here, and I think you are misrepresenting the facts.

So this is what we have been reduced to... Our QB had a terrible game but man did he nail the press conference. Awesome man.. Awesome. If games were decided by the press conference I would be thrilled right now but the fact is we just lost to the Jets at Home. So forgive me if I dont care how well JP did at the press conference.

So this is what we have been reduced to...  Our QB had a terrible game but man did he nail the press conference.  Awesome man.. Awesome.  If games were decided by the press conference I would be thrilled right now but the fact is we just lost to the Jets at Home.  So forgive me if I dont care how well JP did at the press conference.

785849[/snapback]

Someone get Jay a hanky.

:blush:

So this is what we have been reduced to...  Our QB had a terrible game but man did he nail the press conference.  Awesome man.. Awesome.  If games were decided by the press conference I would be thrilled right now but the fact is we just lost to the Jets at Home.  So forgive me if I dont care how well JP did at the press conference.

785849[/snapback]

So which side are you on, the one that hates wins with no stats, the one that says stats mean nothing without wins, or the one that thinks each pass and play has to be perfect and look perfect. Maybe all three?

So which side are you on, the one that hates wins with no stats, the one that says stats mean nothing without wins, or the one that thinks each pass and play has to be perfect and look perfect. Maybe all three?

785854[/snapback]

I am on the side that says I dont care if we win or lose as long as our QB nails the press conference...

I am no longer going to watch the games but now focus my attention on the press conference... Do we have a press conference coach yet??

I am on the side that says I dont care if we win or lose as long as our QB nails the press conference... 

I am no longer going to watch the games but now focus my attention on the press conference...  Do we have a press conference coach yet??

785858[/snapback]

Okay. I will expect you to never respond to any post that doesn't directly and unequivocally relate to wins and losses. Nothing else on a message board matters. Nothing else a player or team does except win or lose is a topic for conversation.

I very much look forward to your non-participation.