Volek to San Diego

Buffan00

I know some wanted him a few years back..now he's only a 5th rounder!  :pirate:

779479[/snapback]

I think his worth would have been a bit higher than that, but when a guy openly says he won't play and wants to be traded, it lowers the asking price. See Moulds.

That said, he probably isn't starter material and was just another drop in the bucket as far as people the Bills HAD to have.

Too bad we didn't make a run for him !

779499[/snapback]

I rememebr 2 years ago he threw for like 400yds in 3 consecutive weeks...he was a Fantasy MONSTER with Drew Bennet! Gotta believe politics were involved and Tenn. just wanted Vince Young to eventually start sooner that later!

I was one of those guys who wanted us to get Volek after the way he dismantled us a few years back. Call it "RJ Syndrome."

Not sure if the kid is a bust, but I'm surprised he didn't pan out in Tenny.

779498[/snapback]

Because I think he was not given a chance to succeed. Of course he has himself to blame for this whole mess.

Not quite.

He's a 6th round pick which upgrades to a 5th if he participates in 50% of the team's offensive plays this year.

779639[/snapback]

The Chargers made out like bandits...He's a good team guy and will be an asset in the development of Rivers. The Titans are beginning to look like the future LA Titans... <_<

Another good deal for A.J. and company in San Diego. The Bolts seem primed to make a serious run this year, and it is important to have a vet to back up your QB in such a case.

779518[/snapback]

I'll believe that when they aren't playing the dregs of the league. Think about it. The Raiders and Tennessee are the worst teams in the NFL.

Because I think he was not given a chance to succeed. Of course he has himself to blame for this whole mess.

779511[/snapback]

I think Volek showed loyalty to the Titans a few years back when he was an FA. Somewhere along the line, he and the Titans (who I think are really screwed up) fell out with each other. He's a heck of a lot better than Collins, and Young will be a huge bust IMHO. I watched a bit of the Titans-Chargers game this weekend and Young looked every bit as bad as that team. Weak arm, poor accuracy, just plain poor. I know a number of people around here wanted Young, but I thank God that we didn't get the chance......

Volek got screwed by the Titans, plain and simple......

I think Volek showed loyalty to the Titans a few years back when he was an FA. Somewhere along the line, he and the Titans (who I think are really screwed up) fell out with each other. He's a heck of a lot better than Collins, and Young will be a huge bust IMHO. I watched a bit of the Titans-Chargers game this weekend and Young looked every bit as bad as that team. Weak arm, poor accuracy, just plain poor. I know a number of people around here wanted Young, but I thank God that we didn't get the chance......

779677[/snapback]

You have to think he must have absolutely sucked this season for them to

1] draft Young, knowing they weren't going to play Young immediately,

2] watch Volek through several years of being on the team, playing well in spot duty, signing a decent contract, and then

3] just dump him on the literal eve of the season to sign Kerry Collins.

Volek must have just been deplorable in practice this year.

779677[/snapback]

However, reports out of Ten. was that Volek was lazy all the summer taking for granted the starting job. He did not learn the Norm Chow offense as expected and it showed in his pre-season performance. If Volek had really prepared well

I don't see any reason why the Titans would have gone out and acquired Collins who stunk up the joint last year in Oakland.

Bottom line is the Titans are unsettled at the RB position, on the OL...overpaid for Givens, when they could have spent that 25M+ on the lines. Screwed their drafts up for the last 2 years by picking PacMan Jones at 6, when they could have had more hard working players, and then picked Vince Young when they could have had BrickShaw to build their line.

However, reports out of Ten. was that Volek was lazy all the summer taking for granted the starting job. He did not learn the Norm Chow offense as expected and it showed in his pre-season performance.  If Volek had really prepared well

I don't see any reason why the Titans would have gone out and acquired Collins who stunk up the joint last year in Oakland.

Bottom line is the Titans are unsettled at the RB position, on the OL...overpaid for Givens, when they could have spent that 25M+ on the lines. Screwed their drafts up for the last 2 years by picking PacMan Jones at 6, when they could have had more hard working players, and then picked Vince Young when they could have had BrickShaw to build their line.

779719[/snapback]

Did not we hear that his agent 'he who shall ask for the next'... ,screwed the pooch for him with the Titans?

However, reports out of Ten. was that Volek was lazy all the summer taking for granted the starting job. He did not learn the Norm Chow offense as expected and it showed in his pre-season performance.  If Volek had really prepared well

779719[/snapback]

Exactly!

This is a great article about why Volek had to go...

Titans' Volek cost himself starting QB jobTitans' Volek cost himself starting QB job

Volek seemed like a good idea when the Bills (fans) were considering him a while back.

But then Drew Henson looked like a good choice then, too...

Volek has no one but himself to blame.  Two years ago the Bills offererd him a starting job but he turned them down.  I hope he enjoys being a forever backup now.

779970[/snapback]

Correction, the Bills offered him a chance to compete for the starting job with Bledsoe where it seemed all but certain he was going to be a heir apparent to Steve McNair. I honestly can't fault him for his decision to stay with the Titans looking back on things from the perspective then.

I'll believe that when they aren't playing the dregs of the league.  Think about it.  The Raiders and Tennessee are the worst teams in the NFL.

779653[/snapback]

Houston may yet give them a run for Brady Quinn....

I rememebr 2 years ago he threw for like 400yds in 3 consecutive weeks...he was a Fantasy MONSTER with  Drew Bennet! Gotta believe politics were involved and Tenn. just wanted Vince Young to eventually start sooner that later!

779503[/snapback]

Something had to inspire the Titans to bring in Kerry Collins without the benefit of training camp...... and I can't believe its because Volek looked so good and they were saving him for the trade....

JDG