Well Coached Team

Catholic Guilt

The best part is: Dick Jauron got his first win against...the Dolphins!

I was one of the many who said that we needed a coach who could match brains with Saban...and that Jauron surely was not the right guy. Boy, I feel so great to be wrong.

I will be playing the Dick Jauron Song for the rest of the week.

(A Marv Levy team will never bow to Miami)

The best part is: Dick Jauron got his first win against...the Dolphins!

I was one of the many who said that we needed a coach who could match brains with Saban...and that Jauron surely was not the right guy. Boy, I feel so great to be wrong.

I will be playing the Dick Jauron Song for the rest of the week.

776375[/snapback]

Funny - my friend Frank Reich RAVED about Coach Jauron this summer. I thought he lost his mind. Lession learned - always listen to former ball players and men of god. :unsure:

This team doesn't look anything like the old Bills. WOW I can't believe I just saw that.

776326[/snapback]

They sure do look better prepared then the Mularkey Bills, and they are executing more plays. There is still a long ways to go but so far I am pleased with the progress.

I never expected the defense to looks so good this early in the season.

The execution of the game plan and the in-game adjustments by this staff are things we haven't seen around here in a while.

776344[/snapback]

This is what we were supposed to get last year. Strong defensive play combined with a conservative offensive game plan that didn't put the weight on the young QB's shoulders.

I absolutely love all the running plays, thats exactly what we should be doing...... running the hell out of McGahee and letting Losman throw when he has to throw. Mularkey really is a moron...... and i loved how his offense did absolutely NOTHING against our 5 rookies :lol:

yeah, the offensive playcalling was excellent and the defense was able to keep their edge in the 2nd half...  baby steps have been made...  its time to crank it up and suprise some people by halloween.

776335[/snapback]

I don't know about the offensive play calling. 83 yards passing and 177 total yards? I don't know that we can count on 7 sacks, a blocked punt and a 50 yard PI call every week. Be nice if it happens. They are gaining on it though. We were on the road afterall so I'm hoping the offense will have a breakthrough game next week at home, finally.

I don't know about the offensive play calling.  83 yards passing and 177 total yards?  I don't know that we can count on 7 sacks, a blocked punt and a 50 yard PI call every week.  Be nice if it happens.  They are gaining on it though.  We were on the road afterall so I'm hoping the offense will have a breakthrough game next week at home, finally.

776558[/snapback]

People need to stop looking at numbers. The coaching staff is going to call a game based on what is happening during THAT game. They won't call the same plays in another game. If the D is struggling you can bet that the O will open it up a little bit to compensate. Offensive and defensive play calling aren’t mutually exclusive. How one is doing affects the other.

The idea of football isn't to put a lot of points on the board, the idea is to win. Many people forget this fine point. The Bills could certainly put up more points but is the risk worth it when the D is playing so well? I don't think so.

well, without the PI, we can add 50 yards to the yardage total for the game. Not spectacular, but still well played. It wasn't like the PI was a total gift, like at least the block in the back against Clements was last week.

People need to stop looking at numbers.  The coaching staff is going to call a game based on what is happening during THAT game.  They won't call the same plays in another game.  If the D is struggling you can bet that the O will open it up a little bit to compensate.  Offensive and defensive play calling aren’t mutually exclusive.  How one is doing affects the other. 

The idea of football isn't to put a lot of points on the board, the idea is to win.  Many people forget this fine point.  The Bills could certainly put up more points but is the risk worth it when the D is playing so well?  I don't think so.

776573[/snapback]

Exactly. It's called game management. Leave the Madden '07 playcalling to the teens....or MM.

The execution of the game plan and the in-game adjustments by this staff are things we haven't seen around here in a while.

776344[/snapback]

I have to agree with you 100%. It is really fun watching our young team grow. It is also great to see players like Josh Reed and Denney making more plays.