Well Coached Team

Catholic Guilt

People need to stop looking at numbers.  The coaching staff is going to call a game based on what is happening during THAT game.  They won't call the same plays in another game.  If the D is struggling you can bet that the O will open it up a little bit to compensate.  Offensive and defensive play calling aren’t mutually exclusive.  How one is doing affects the other. 

The idea of football isn't to put a lot of points on the board, the idea is to win.  Many people forget this fine point.  The Bills could certainly put up more points but is the risk worth it when the D is playing so well?  I don't think so.

776573[/snapback]

Exactly.

People need to stop looking at numbers.  The coaching staff is going to call a game based on what is happening during THAT game.  They won't call the same plays in another game.  If the D is struggling you can bet that the O will open it up a little bit to compensate.  Offensive and defensive play calling aren’t mutually exclusive.  How one is doing affects the other. 

The idea of football isn't to put a lot of points on the board, the idea is to win.  Many people forget this fine point.  The Bills could certainly put up more points but is the risk worth it when the D is playing so well?  I don't think so.

776573[/snapback]

Absolutely!

Would you prefer your QB to have Culpepper's day with 250 yds, but a big INT?

OTOH, didn't Tom Brady have 3 yds passing in the 1st half last week?

There's only one set of numbers which mean very much each week... 16-6!

"...  The Bills could certainly put up more points but is the risk worth it when the D is playing so well? 

776573[/snapback]

I have no problem with the play calling in the 4th quarter but I don't buy the notion that we could have scored plenty more points but simply decided against it as a matter of strategy. If we could have, we would have. In fact, for most of the 4th quarter they didn't really pull in the horns but were just not able to move the ball much.

Their first series in the 4th was a three and out with passes on second and third down. Their next series in the 4th they went 8 plays and punted and had a few first downs. They also threw the ball or tried to anyway on 4 plays during that "drive". An offsides call on Gandy killed the first drive and a holding call on Reyes killed the second.

I have no problem winning ugly, all I'm saying is that the offense needs to improve.

yeah, the offensive playcalling was excellent and the defense was able to keep their edge in the 2nd half...  baby steps have been made...  its time to crank it up and suprise some people by halloween.

776335[/snapback]

It was good. I won't say it was excellent because we whiffed on a couple of chances to play pass and I think we were a little safe in the 4th. But it was so much better than the last staff...