Still the best sign I ever saw at The Ralph

Rubes

A play off game vs. the Raiders. I think the coldest in Bills history, the week before we beat the Chiefs to go to Atlanta for the 4th SB.

"Bo don't know snow".

773568[/snapback]

Remember the sign, but I think it was 1990 AFC championship game...Bo got hurt (ended his career) the week before vs. Cincy.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the sign, but I think it was 1990 AFC championship game...Bo got hurt (ended his career) the week before vs. Cincy.

773666[/snapback]

There was a sign that was hanging on one of the walls before the game, but security made them take it down:

"Bo knows the Raiders suck"

Again in 1980, Bills DB Jeff Nixon starts the season on fire, had several INTs in the first few games.

Week Four game vs Oakland, a sign reads, simply, NIXON FOR PRESIDENT.

Unfortunately, Nixon gets hurt during the Oakland game, and I think he was out the rest of the year, only to be replaced by a more-than-able Rod Kush, who also goes down the next game at San Diego.

A lot of good ones have been listed, but the coup de grace has to be this one held up by a fan halfway through the miracle comeback against the Oliers:

I don't hear no fat lady singing!

773833[/snapback]

I also liked from that game: REVENGE IS BEST SERVED COLD

We played the Titans in a home night game the year after the Music City Screwjob...early in the year, possibly even opening week.

A sign in the crowd said "If revenge is a dish best served cold, why isn't it December?"

Got my emotions all stirred up, and we came out and kicked their @ss that night.

773647[/snapback]

I remember another sign from that game that had a picture of Dyson stretching for the end zone in the super that said "When Your Best Just Isn't Good Enough"

As soon as we become a contender again we gotta bring back the "WERE BACK-DEAL WITH IT AMERICA" slogan, definately a classic. Another one of my favorites was from that freezing below temp game against the Raiders someone had a big JUST FREEZE BABY sign obviously a take on Al Davis and Just Win Baby

I remember another sign from that game that had a picture of Dyson stretching for the end zone in the super that said "When Your Best Just Isn't Good Enough"

774146[/snapback]

I remember that.

That sign was at Rich in the first game of the 2000 season.

I believe we won that game, with a last second FG.

I remember that.

That sign was at Rich in the first game of the 2000 season.

I believe we won that game, with a last second FG.

774378[/snapback]

and that was one of about 3 games where rob johnson played his ass off...

as opposed to the rest, where he got his ass knocked off.

and that was one of about 3 games where rob johnson played his ass off...

as opposed to the rest, where he got his ass knocked off.

774407[/snapback]

I can remember the other 2...I think.

We played KC that year, where Johnson dove about 3 feet in the air, to get the TD at the pylon. That was the game where Moulds knocked down the attempted pass, in the endzone, to Gonzalez for the win.

Hmmm, the last game of the 1999 season, vs. the Colts backups at home.

And the playoff game against Tennessee, where the special teams screwed up one of his rare performances. Thanks to Darryl Porter, Marlo Perry, and that excellent special teams squad.

:o

That, ladies and gentlemen, is Rob Johnson's success in Buffalo...

:(

We played KC that year, where Johnson dove about 3 feet in the air, to get the TD at the pylon. That was the game where Moulds knocked down the attempted pass, in the endzone, to Gonzalez for the win.

And the playoff game against Tennessee, where the special teams screwed up one of his rare performances. Thanks to Darryl Porter, Marlo Perry, and that excellent special teams squad.

775346[/snapback]

Going kind of off topic. I went to that game and sat in the tunnel side end zone. The performance RJ put on ended up having me believe, until it was too late, that he was the correct choice in the DF/RJ debates. It was like watching Kelly shred them back in '91 or '92. Since the game was blacked out, most people didn't know just how good he did look that day.

Yeah, it came against a team that had clinched everything and had nothing to play for, but I remember a team 2 years ago that was in the same situation and didn't accomplish anything.

But like you and Corp say, he had all of 2 other games in a Bills uni (maybe there was a 3rd, but I can't think of what it would have been) that he looked anywhere close to that good.

775346[/snapback]

he also played like a maniac in the game at SD against the flutie led chargers

he basically did everything. he accounted for more than 80% of the offensive yards as he did all the running and passing. i seem to remember him getting close to the win except special teams botched it up again