New Sabres Jersey Revealed

BillsGuyInMalta

I'm not sure what you're talking about.  Pretty much the only real negative this offseason is this abortion.  This thread is about exactly that.  You want to bring up a hockey thread, I'll gladly discuss what the franchise has done so far.

773102[/snapback]

My point is that you say that the focus group was filled with fans of queer eye, and queer as folk, but what about the fans? All I have heard is about how the logo and the uniform is horrible, and that they should go with this or with that.

Who cares what the team is wearing. Are you going to boycott a Stanley Cup win just because they are wearing these uniforms and not the original jerseys?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point is that you say that the focus group was filled with fans of queer eye, and queer as folk, but what about the fans? All I have heard is about how the logo and the uniform is horrible, and that they should go with this or with that.

Well, since the FANS are the ones who buy the tickets and the merchandise, I'd say their opinion is pretty important. Maybe I'm crazy.

Who cares what the team is wearing.

Alot of people do.

Are you going to boycott a Stanley Cup win just because they are wearing these uniforms and not the original jerseys?

773196[/snapback]

Nope, but I ain't buying a damn thing with that fukkin' flagellate on it, either.

I'm in the same ballpark.  Really like the design on the new jersey, like the colors, like the shoulder stripes, like the idea of a number on the front...but that logo is going to take some time to get used to.

773097[/snapback]

That's exactly how I feel.

Go Sabres!

Are you going to boycott a Stanley Cup win just because they are wearing these uniforms and not the original jerseys?

773196[/snapback]

No, but I won't buy their merchandise, and I imagine that the merchadise sales ($200 for a jersey) is a pretty important source of revenue.

The logo and associated Jersey are what we the fans buy and wear to show our love for the team. I would rather wear a piece of paper taped to my back and chest that says "I love the Sabres" than buy one of those jerseys and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Seems to me like they can track the outrage for a year, have people buy the new jerseys and hats and tee-shirts for a year (but not at their expected rate), and then come out next year with the old logo, saying we're doing this for you fans and have everyone buy the new/old jerseys while Sluggo becomes a (bad) collector's item.

The colors look decent, but the slug is still horrendous. its absolutely pathetic. looks like a yellow steaming pile of sh--.

Also, etf is with the numbers on the front? that looks completely retarded.

773831[/snapback]

This is the type of serendipity that can only happen in Buffalo.

We have the most hyped team in ages and they get to play with Urine Flashes

on their chest.

773831[/snapback]

The reason for having numbers --- so viewers and fans can identify a player --- is lost when the numbers are as small as that.

Same placement of the C or A, but those are special, determining role by placement and b/c they're there, you know exactly what it means --- this guy is a team captain. And it begs the question of where the C or A will go now?

As jersey numbers, it's just going to be a splotch of yellow on anything but close-ups of players.

Colors are great. Logo and design sucks. Front Office knew full well what the vast majority of fans wanted, yet they delivered this. Needless to say, I won't be getting any merch with this thing.

The colors look decent, but the slug is still horrendous. its absolutely pathetic. looks like a yellow steaming pile of sh--.

773831[/snapback]

I think the 23 you see in the jersey is just the sleve folded over so you can see the font of the numbers. I seriously doubt they would put the players number on the shoulder as well.

Listen. I don't live in Buffalo anymore, but for those you who do, and who are going to games, can you please promise me this?

Could you please not boo when the team takes the ice tomorrow morning/at the preseason opener/at the season opener/any other time in the near future when they take the ice wearing the new jerseys? I can't think of anything that would be more pathetic.

Could you please not boo when the team takes the ice tomorrow morning/at the preseason opener/at the season opener/any other time in the near future when they take the ice wearing the new jerseys?  I can't think of anything that would be more pathetic.

774103[/snapback]

Booing Santa is up there.