Sabres Jerseys Coming Next Saturday

PTS

You're kidding right?

Just about every hockey fan I know lists Toronto's and/or Montreal's jerseys as two of the best in the league. Toronto's jersey is my personal favorite followed by the Flyers and these are two teams I absolutely hate.

Personally, I love all the traditional looking jerseys ... Islanders, Flyers, Oilers. These jerseys echo tradition and excellence. The Coyotes did a great job with their new uniform as well.

Bring back the Sabres old logo and modernizing the colors would have been just what the doctored order. Then you make your alternate jersey "more modern" ie Rangers third jersey.

769608[/snapback]

No I'm not kidding, I have never heard anyone say that the Leafs or Canadians have the best uniforms in the league.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The banana slug has been painted on center ice.

The Horror

I'm not 100% sure that's a real picture, but it looks like crap if it is.  The slug is ramming his head into the word SABRES.  Ugh.

769814[/snapback]

What a lovely shade of yellow. Sabres fans have my sympathy...

The Horror

I'm not 100% sure that's a real picture, but it looks like crap if it is.  The slug is ramming his head into the word SABRES.  Ugh.

769814[/snapback]

It pains me to see that God awful logo as a representation of our proud franchise.

It has been discussed ad nauseum here and in other forums, but as have most people stated, I refuse to buy my daughter anything with that logo, it is such a shame that she became hooked on Buffalo hockey this spring. I will be looking to buy anything without that logo when I get up there next week.

Is it at all possible that the "sworded B" is the chest logo and the slug is the shoulder patch?!  That I could possibly live with.

Still, the slug needs legs.  Give him legs, put him in a circle with two crossed swords underneath like the old logo, and you got yourself a deal.

769996[/snapback]

But doesn't that defeat the purpose of having a slug in the first place? <_<

A poster named "cweibel" made a mockup of the new uniform based on all the gossip (as well as the hockey pants that have already leaked).

Ugly.

cweibel did a nice job putting all the rumors together so I wouldn't be too surprised if the uniform is close to this. Unfortunately, it's ugly as sin.

A poster named "cweibel" made a mockup of the new uniform based on all the gossip (as well as the hockey pants that have already leaked).

Ugly.

cweibel did a nice job putting all the rumors together so I wouldn't be too surprised if the uniform is close to this.  Unfortunately, it's ugly as sin.

772006[/snapback]

Dear God.

No I'm not kidding, I have never heard anyone say that the Leafs or Canadians have the best uniforms in the league.

770016[/snapback]

BZZZT.

Come on. Those unis are both probably in the top 7-8 in sports. I hate the bruins second only to the fish and I LOVE their white unis.

The Horror

769814[/snapback]

Please please please one of you computer experts, please get on here and tell me that was a photo shop job. PLEASE.

Ugly.

cweibel did a nice job putting all the rumors together so I wouldn't be too surprised if the uniform is close to this.  Unfortunately, it's ugly as sin.

772006[/snapback]

Damn. We should just go for the NASCAR driver suits instead. That way we could have

Shredded Wheat, Webers Mustard, Chiavetta's Marinade, Duff's Wings, Genesee Beer, Rich Foods, and

Sundowners on the uni.

Ugly.

772006[/snapback]

MY EYES!!! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :lol::P

Damn. We should just go for the NASCAR driver suits instead. That way we could have

Shredded Wheat, Webers Mustard, Chiavetta's Marinade, Duff's Wings, Genesee Beer, Rich Foods, and

Sundowners on the uni.

772086[/snapback]

I immediately thought "Euro Club Team". Might as well populate the team with split tails and play in high heels.

I immediately thought "Euro Club Team".  Might as well populate the team with split tails and play in high heels.

772128[/snapback]

The word for months has been that the Sabres would have very "unique" uniforms this season. At dinner on Sunday, my dad and I decided to come up with all potential ways the uniforms would be "unique." Here is a partial list of what we came up with.

-Each player will have a sash that reads SABRES or BUFFALO depending on whether the team is home or away.

-The shoulders and helmets will have spikes. Think Legion of Doom from the old WWF.

-Each player will have a cape.

-Across each player's backside? The word "JUICY." (Don't worry, Larry Quinn came up with the idea of capes to cover this up since it's a little embarassing.)

-Each Sabre will actually have a real sabre. The sword will be sheathed in a belt that each player will also have. So metal swords and belts are in!

-No socks. None.

-To help match the new logo, each player will wear a Zorro-like mask. Mysterious!

-The uniforms will be completely biodegradable. This was a late addition to the overall look but was deemed necessary since there will be dozens of landfills full of the new uniforms in a few months after no one buys them.

-The uniforms will be completely biodegradable. This was a late addition to the overall look but was deemed necessary since there will be dozens of landfills full of the new uniforms in a few months after no one buys them.
All you have to do is pore some salt on them to dissolve them just like garden slugs...errr Buffalo Slugs.

The word for months has been that the Sabres would have very "unique" uniforms this season.  At dinner on Sunday, my dad and I decided to come up with all potential ways the uniforms would be "unique."  Here is a partial list of what we came up with.

-Each player will have a sash that reads SABRES or BUFFALO depending on whether the team is home or away.

-The shoulders and helmets will have spikes.  Think Legion of Doom from the old WWF.

-Each player will have a cape.

-Across each player's backside?  The word "JUICY."  (Don't worry, Larry Quinn came up with the idea of capes to cover this up since it's a little embarassing.)

-Each Sabre will actually have a real sabre.  The sword will be sheathed in a belt that each player will also have.  So metal swords and belts are in!

-No socks.  None.

-To help match the new logo, each player will wear a Zorro-like mask.  Mysterious!

-The uniforms will be completely biodegradable.  This was a late addition to the overall look but was deemed necessary since there will be dozens of landfills full of the new uniforms in a few months after no one buys them.

772231[/snapback]

I'm almost embarrassed to admit how much I laughed at all this. No socks. None. :lol:

When you turn out the lights, the sluggalo is going to glow.

That's unique and the kids are going to like it.

772243[/snapback]

Ooh. Now you've got me thinking about how they'll look under a blacklight.

Psychedelic, man.... :lol:

Ugly.

772006[/snapback]

Is it just me, or is that dude crying?

I can't get over how unbelievably terrible that thing is...

773373[/snapback]

As I posted on TSR, I'm even more disgusted with the slug now because it looks like they could have designed really sharp looking unis.

No matter how good the rest of the package looks, there's still a giant snot smear going across the front of it.

As I posted on TSR, I'm even more disgusted with the slug now because it looks like they could have designed really sharp looking unis.

No matter how good the rest of the package looks, there's still a giant snot smear going across the front of it.

773388[/snapback]

I am back and forth on this. We could call it a slug, but that may imply we

have a slow or lazy team, which we don't.

So I am coming around to calling it the Urine Flash.

773388[/snapback]

Putting that thing on a uniform is like dropping a turd on a marble floor. Doesn't matter how good everything around it looks - it's got a turd on it.

That picture on Center Ice tells the whole story. Terrible.

The white jerseys are HORRIBLE.  They look like a !@#$ing high school team.

The blue jerseys wouldn't be bad, except for having only the BACK of the sleeve in yellow.  What the !@#$ is with that?

774894[/snapback]

i noticed that the design was done in cooperation with reebok which has the apparel contract for the nhl... considering this disaster... the away jerseys are hideous... imagine what the marketing guys at the nhl and reebok will come up for the original 6... :pirate:

i noticed that the design was done in cooperation with reebok which has the apparel contract for the nhl... considering this disaster... the away jerseys are hideous... imagine what the marketing guys at the nhl and reebok will come up for the original 6...  :pirate:

774899[/snapback]

I absolutely hate Nike and Reebok.

One only has to look at the abortions in college football to understand why.

The white jerseys are HORRIBLE.  They look like a !@#$ing high school team.

The blue jerseys wouldn't be bad, except for having only the BACK of the sleeve in yellow.  What the !@#$ is with that?

774894[/snapback]

Just got back from the unveiling - the white jerseys are completely terrible. A big yellow logo on a white jersey DOES NOT WORK. And having nothing along the bottom and top of the uniform makes the players look like big white rectangles with arms. What the !@#$ were they thinking?

The home jerseys are OK, I guess, but they're so busy.

All the dumbasses who said we needed to see these things in context to "get" them need to apologize. I actually think the banana slug is worse now that I've seen it on a uniform.