Have no Fear. DHS is Here!

blzrul

I'm not even going to post a link because this one's all over. For those living under rocks, somehow (...?hmmm?) Ted Kennedy was put on the DHS no-fly list because his name was "similar" to a "suspected terrorist".

He wasn't stopped once, or twice, or three times, but four. Maybe more. In spite of numerous attempts to clear it up.

So. One of the most recognizable people in America somehow gets on the list ... and they can't get him off. I feel safer, MUCH safer. I choose to believe that it was an innocent error - I'd think much more highly of the DHS if I thought they'd been put up to it by political manipulators, but even I can't imagine the Bushistas being that petty.

but even I can't imagine the Bushistas being that petty.

Imagine again, these are the same thugs who outed a CIA agent (the Cons will yell no proof, just watch) and put minorities on felon lists so they can't vote in Florida. They'd probably stop Ted's plane home from Washington on election day if he was in a swing state.

I'm not even going to post a link because this one's all over.  For those living under rocks, somehow (...?hmmm?) Ted Kennedy was put on the DHS no-fly list because his name was "similar" to a "suspected terrorist".

He wasn't stopped once, or twice, or three times, but four.  Maybe more.  In spite of numerous attempts to clear it up.

So.  One of the most recognizable people in America somehow gets on the list ... and they can't get him off.  I feel safer, MUCH safer.  I choose to believe that it was an innocent error - I'd think much more highly of the DHS if I thought they'd been put up to it by political manipulators, but even I can't imagine the Bushistas being that petty.

263[/snapback]

Teddy was drunk.... still and the stewardess didnt want him flying over water. :devil:

I'm not even going to post a link because this one's all over.  For those living under rocks, somehow (...?hmmm?) Ted Kennedy was put on the DHS no-fly list because his name was "similar" to a "suspected terrorist".

He wasn't stopped once, or twice, or three times, but four.  Maybe more.  In spite of numerous attempts to clear it up.

So.  One of the most recognizable people in America somehow gets on the list ... and they can't get him off.  I feel safer, MUCH safer.  I choose to believe that it was an innocent error - I'd think much more highly of the DHS if I thought they'd been put up to it by political manipulators, but even I can't imagine the Bushistas being that petty.

263[/snapback]

I,ll bet if Mary Jo was still alive she would have felt much safer not riding with him.Ah yes another Looney Leftist Libber :devil:

263[/snapback]

That will teach him to fly commercial :rolleyes::blink:

What happened? the charter run out of Booze and woman?

Ted Kennedy was put on the DHS no-fly list because his name was "similar" to a "suspected terrorist".

263[/snapback]

You have to wonder what suspected terrorist has a name close to Kennedy's, though. Is it that elusive Mohammed "Ted" al-Qannidhi? :rolleyes:

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

I'm glad to see airport security is actually WORKING these days...

Are you sure he isn't on the 'senators to deny alcohol to onboard' list? :-D

• 8 months later...

We need to fund a committee to examine why this happened and prepare a report for Congress.

Also, I would argue that Kennedy IS one of the most easily recognized people in this country, and when you start classifying it as 'most easily recognized people with a drunkard's nose veins popping out,' it's really between him and that Fields character.

We need to fund a committee to examine why this happened and prepare a report for Congress.

Also, I would argue that Kennedy IS one of the most easily recognized people in this country, and when you start classifying it as 'most easily recognized people with a drunkard's nose veins popping out,' it's really between him and that Fields character.

341067[/snapback]

Well...given the oft-quoted connections between organized crime and terrorism, it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that they mistook him for that infamous organized crime boss Jabba the Hut...

The Republicans will stop at NOTHING to dethrone the Kennedy power!

341059[/snapback]

the only thing the republican can "dethrone" teddy from is the porcelain god :huh:

but as a baldwin, this is a disturbing development. if they can bar kennedies from flying, W might set his sights on my kin next :blink:

The Department of Homeland Security is a joke, but still better then any Department the democrats have made.

Oh wait, they haven't had the power to, and most people approve of Bush's handling of the war on terror. :blink:

Archived