Even Pats fans are looking past us!

PromoTheRobot

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nothing, I repeat nothing, lasts forever!  ;)

762505[/snapback]

Except for the veracity of that statement of course.

Hang on.....that would then make the statement false...

...which would then make my first statement false...

...which would leave the original statement as true...

...which would lead me to think "Except for the veracity of that statement of course."...

...which would then make the first statement false...

...which would.... :wacko::wacko:

The team is no older than they were a year ago when they came within a handful of freak fumbles and miscalls of going to the AFCC game.

762733[/snapback]

I'm sorry, but Patriots fans have absolutely no cause to be citing bad bounces and poor officiating as reasons why their team lost a playoff game.

I'm sorry, but Patriots fans have absolutely no cause to be citing bad bounces and poor officiating as reasons why their team lost a playoff game.

The Patriots obviously deserved to lose that game, blown calls or not. But you can't deny that calls were blown.

In any case, I was merely illustrating that last year's team, which few would deny was likely capable of going deep into the playoffs, was older than this year's team.

The Patriots obviously deserved to lose that game, blown calls or not.  But you can't deny that calls were blown.

You seem like an intelligent guy. But with all due respect, I think his point was about more than just that one game. Most Bills fans feel that if there's a bad call in a Bills/Patriots game, it's almost always gone against the Bills. The best example of that was the defensive pass interference call that cost the Bills a win a few years back. More recently, a very debatable offensive pass interference penalty on Moulds cost the Bills what otherwise might well have been a win.

In other words, a Patriots fan complaining about bad officiating is like OJ Simpson complaining about there being too many knifings nowadays.

I hole-heartedly believe no single team has been more hurt than the Pats by bad officiating. The record stands clear and indisputable. To spell it out for you Bill's hacks- it's Victim: with a capital V.

762751[/snapback]

The only Victim in any case with the Patriots is the other team. The Tuck Rule. Case Closed. In that case, the Raiders were the Victims since that call seemed like something straight out of a stereotypical shower scene in a prison movie.

I hole-heartedly believe no single team has been more hurt than the Pats by bad officiating. The record stands clear and indisputable. To spell it out for you Bill's hacks- it's Victim: with a capital V.

762751[/snapback]

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Get bent you patsie troll, until you've lived through "JUst give it to em" and "Forward Lateral", you have NO ROOM to say the Pats are the most ref-abused team in the league. NO ROOM.

The simple reality is that the Pat's fans will still continue to spout their greatness until age and turnover brings them back to mediocre or worse. What's going to be truly delicious is when the Pat's have 2 or 3 consecutive losing seasons and the diehard Pat's fans start screaming that it's time for the almight Bellichek to go!

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Get bent you patsie troll, until you've lived through "JUst give it to em" and "Forward Lateral", you have NO ROOM to say the Pats are the most ref-abused team in the league. NO ROOM.

762794[/snapback]

The post you're getting bent out of shape about is dripping with sarcasm.

So, how would you rate your capacity for other repetitive behavior?
That depends. How do you rate your capacity to always get sucked into my repetitive behavior? Sounds like we share a mutual problem.

You realize that you're inserting the words "pretty well-known fact" in place of "thing I just made up?"

762530[/snapback]

Here's the thing you seem to not understand: the difference between Bills fans and Patriots fans is that Bills fans truly care about their team. It's an important part of the WNY economy. It's a storied franchise where people from all over the world do whatever they can to ensure the team they love stays in the city they love, even when we've sucked for six years.

If the Pats sucked for six years straight and someone talked about moving the team, half of you would pack the vans and the other half would drive them out of town.

That's the difference. You only care about the team when it wins. We care about the team always.

The simple reality is that the Pat's fans will still continue to spout their greatness until age and turnover brings them back to mediocre or worse.  What's going to be truly delicious is when the Pat's have 2 or 3 consecutive losing seasons and the diehard Pat's fans start screaming that it's time for the  almight Bellichek to go!

762815[/snapback]

Case in point: How much do you hear Boston fans talking about the Celtics since the 1980's? <sound of crickets chirping..........>

Bruins fans, do you want to chime in? <sound of crickets chirping..........>

So why are the Patriots going to be any different?

PTR

But the Patriots? 20 years ago this year you guys were coming off a season where you got extremely lucky in beating the Dolphins in the AFC champ game and then proceeded to get destroyed by the Bears in a SB.

762527[/snapback]

What are you talking about? 95% of patriot "fans" will tell you that the Pats franchise is 3-0 in super bowls.

Case in point:  How much do you hear Boston fans talking about the Celtics since the 1980's?  <sound of crickets chirping..........> 

Bruins fans, do you want to chime in?  <sound of crickets chirping..........> 

So why are the Patriots going to be any different?

PTR

762858[/snapback]

Being a Red Sox fan and a Bills fans, I am only starting to realize the bandwagon types in NE. We get a NE sports highlights/talk show on our Rochester cable. I was tuning in last night to see some of my red sox highlights and it took 20 minutes to get past the Patriots to show any highlight of Red Sox. Football regular season hasn't even started and they have already wrote off the Sox as also rans. Even after my Sox are mathmatically eliminated, I'm still going to check out their games because I have an emotional investment in this team and players. It seems like the rest of beantown has all but deserted them.

The whole Ironic thing about” Hollywood Donahoe” is that he won’t be around to take his medicine when the Pats do start to suck...

Meaningless and inaccurate predictive conjecture.

That depends. How do you rate your capacity to always get sucked into my repetitive behavior? Sounds like we share a mutual problem.

Baiting is poor etiquette.

You only care about the team when it wins.

Repetition != Truthfulness