Euhus Cut

JoeF

I still think Watson could have helped the Bills IF he had come-in at the beginning of the off-season, got into shape and learned the playbook with everyone else.

755264[/snapback]

...and I still think if he is a dumba$$ that he can't stay in shape on his own during the off-season, I don't want him on the Bills.

...and I still think if he is such a dumba$$ that he can't stay in shape on his own during the off-season, I don't want him on the Bills.

I read that as he was at a playing weight that fit his former style of defense, but wanted him a lot lighter. I don't know. I haven't heard that he was fat and out of shape.

...and I still think if he is a dumba$$ that he can't stay in shape on his own during the off-season, I don't want him on the Bills.

755304[/snapback]

Very good point. It's really difficult for me to understand how a player could fall completely out of shape in the offseason. See, I actually have to pay to go work out (monthly fees, gas, supplements, equipment, etc etc). I cannot imagine getting paid to workout. Guess I'm a total fu_king idiot though.

I knew when he got hurt that first year he was in real trouble.....

He was a real project anyway because he was so damn skinny....he really needed to add some muscule to be able to play....then he gets hurt.

Here is to hoping Everitt ends up being a better player.....

755258[/snapback]

Yeah, he is really skinny. Saw him in person in street clothes and he doesn't look like a football player. Looked more like a high school basketball player. I knew then that this guy might have a lot of trouble making it if he was hurt at all.

Doesn't Houston still run the 3-4?  Not only do they suck, but they need more linebackers in general.  Probably worth a look for them. (for the two weeks they had him before final cuts)

755452[/snapback]

No, Kubiak's switching to the 4-3 there. But since the guys Capers was trying to convert from college DEs to 3-4 rush LBs (Peek/Babin) are back at end, they are a little light on true 4-3 OLBs. Not sure if Watson fits that mold, though, and the Houston depth chart looks pretty well set at Mike -- second-round pick DeMeco Ryans is backed up by Sam Cowart and DaShon Polk.

The cost to the Bills was a wasted 4th round pick. Something was ventured, but nothing was returned.

It's not a wash if you get nothing for a 4th rounder.

755961[/snapback]

What do you mean? We got a 2nd rounder for the 4th rounder. :devil:

Thanks Lori!

I haven't been paying attention to them this offseason. I'm not sure the change in scheme will help them as much as new personnel. They really seemed to be behind the rest of the league in number of quality players.

Just looked it up, According to yahoo sports:

Aug 25 Dale Robertson, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans claimed LB Courtney Watson (Bills) off waivers.

Yeah, he is really skinny.  Saw him in person in street clothes and he doesn't look like a football player.  Looked more like a high school basketball player.  I knew then that this guy might have a lot of trouble making it if he was hurt at all.

755841[/snapback]

arguably the two best TE's of this millenium are former college basketball players in Gates and Gonzales. If everett is built like that then i can only hope he plays like them.

Doesn't Houston still run the 3-4?  Not only do they suck, but they need more linebackers in general.  Probably worth a look for them. (for the two weeks they had him before final cuts)

755452[/snapback]

Nah, Kubiak has got them switching over to a 4-3 defense this year. That is one of the reasons they went after Mario Williams. So they would have that beast pass rusher off top to basically go along with the DL they had the year before. Everyone just moved over one slot.