Disney World question...

IBTG81

for my money it would be in the top 5 destinations for any occassion with or without kids. I love disney!!!!

The fiancee and I are thinking about Honeymoon spots.

We both listed Disney World in our top 3. If we choose that though, we want to go the "luxourious" route.

Anyone have any experiences/advice about any of the hotels inside of Disney? I was eyeing the Animal Kingdom one, and saw the price varied greatly (305-2500 per night). Any ideas would be helpful.

754454[/snapback]

Yeah, that will pump him up for DW.

Air fare Deals out of NY to Europe for two: 1500

Rental car for ten days: 400 to 500

B&B's per night, that include Breakfast : 75 to 100

Fun Allowance: 200 per day.

Yup under 4.5 K.

I'm not going to look all this shiit up, but it can be done. :P

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults...est_ireland@601

Looks like you don't know how to travel without whining. Are you a spolided little rich boy? <_<

754623[/snapback]

Whos whining? Just stating facts. I have been to DisneyWorld and I have been to Ireland and I have been to the UK. Disney World is by far the cheapest

I love Disney as well. We've gone every year since the oldest was 9 months (4-1/2 years ago!). We usually stay at a resort that has a timeshare presentation (Marriott, Sheraton, etc.) and/or the Pop Century. We usually take the in-laws who are great at watching the kids when the wife and I want to do stuff they kids can't do and at night, plus the kids sleep with them in their room. So going to a moderate or luxury resort is out in that scenario since we'd need 2 rooms. I'm waiting for airfare to come down so we can go again in December.

Tinton Falls here.  Not too far from Brick.

Enjoying the rain?

755161[/snapback]

i don't mind the rain so much, but the humidity wipes me out. I can't wait for October. I love this area that time of year.

My wife and I honeymooned @ Disney, Ed. We didn't stay @ one of the expensive places like the Yacht Club or the Grand Floridian, but we had a blast. We stayed @ the Port Orleans, and it was great. The thing about Disney is that you get first class service no matter which place you stay, so why spend the extra dough?

Anyone have any experiences/advice about any of the hotels inside of Disney? I was eyeing the Animal Kingdom one, and saw the price varied greatly (305-2500 per night). Any ideas would be helpful.

754454[/snapback]

Animal Kingdom was pretty cool, I went there with the wife and kids and we all enjoyed seeing the animals right outside the window. I agree with a few of the people who said Grand Floridian, Yacht Club or one of the more luxury resorts might be better for the Honeymoon, but you can't go wrong with Animal Kingdom Lodge either. One this to consider is which parks you plan to go to and their proximity to the resorts, could save you a good amount of time on shuttles, etc. Congratulations and have a great time.

You gotta be !@#$ing Goofy, Ed...  :devil:

755238[/snapback]

Its that whole generational thing Cincy???... I still don't get it either. People just love things "homogenized."

I stepped foot into FLA once... And it was for a Bills-Fins game... Let alone doing the "Disney World thing."

Maybe I am depriving my kids? Too freaking bad. Maybe I am a "cultural snob"... There just seems to be so much more to live for than a Disney World trip.

Oh... BTW... We did British Coulumbia... Kamloops is quite a center of culture!

:):lol:

:lol:

Whos whining?  Just stating facts.  I have been to DisneyWorld and I have been to Ireland and I have been to the UK.  Disney World is by far the cheapest

754954[/snapback]

Just busting your chops. I just thought, for a honeymoon, it shouldn't be DW.....

Just think about that word, for a second. Honeymoon. The connotations, are WIDE and DEEP.

Anyway, enjoy DW. You're already kitty whipped, aren't you? :lol::lol:

Though, Iran is waiting for you......... :devil::)

We were thinking of doing the UK/Ireland thing, but right now, with everything going on, she's hesitant to fly.

754582[/snapback]

I'm afraid I dont know what you mean? You kids live in Jersey right? :devil:

Cut it out. Fly, take the trip. You'll thank me one day. !@#$, Walt. :)

We both listed Disney World in our top 3. If we choose that though, we want to go the "luxourious" route.

754454[/snapback]

Go to KeyWest in october for their halloween fantasy fest party....I lived on the gulf side near naples, but for halloween, KeyWest great views and fishing

Do not pack more than 1 shirt-1 pair of shorts- and 1 pair of sandles, sunglasses and spend the $5G's of Money like a crazy man with your wife....Temptations galore :) So have a prenup signed!!! and a lawyer prepaid ;)

Fit drivers for you, or if you like it, thousands of naked women who are straight or bi..... So you and the wife can have a honeymoon of a lifetime :lol: PHOTO'S

http://www.brianzajac.com/fantasy_fests_2005.cfm :(

754454[/snapback]

awww, how cute. Is your wedding going to be catered with Happy meals?

It only applies to people 10 and older.  Visitors who object to the readers can provide photo identification instead - although the option is not advertised at park entrances.

Which is even *MORE* ridiculous. So the people who want to resell tickets can just bypass the entire setup Disney has and use the tickets anyway. How is that a good idea?

I also like one article I read where Disney said that their database isn't connected to any law enforcement database.... But their privacy policy says that they can share any information they want if it's for the "safety of our guests." I'm sure they'll hand it over without a warrant as well. :w00t:

CW

So the people who want to resell tickets can just bypass the entire setup Disney has and use the tickets anyway.  How is that a good idea?

759789[/snapback]

It's not a good idea for the folks who buy these tickets off Ebay...they could be in for a big surprise at the parks if their ticket's don't match the "prints" in the system. :w00t:

It's not a good idea for the folks who buy these tickets off Ebay...they could be in for a big surprise at the parks if their ticket's don't match the "prints" in the system.  :doh:

759816[/snapback]

The whole point is that they don't HAVE to do the print thing -- they can say "No, do photo ID instead." :w00t:

And why does Disney need to keep that info for 30 days after the pass expires? That doesn't make sense either, if it's only being used to prevent fraud.

CW