Disney World question...

IBTG81

The fiancee and I are thinking about Honeymoon spots.

We both listed Disney World in our top 3. If we choose that though, we want to go the "luxourious" route.

Anyone have any experiences/advice about any of the hotels inside of Disney? I was eyeing the Animal Kingdom one, and saw the price varied greatly (305-2500 per night). Any ideas would be helpful.

We both listed Disney World in our top 3. If we choose that though, we want to go the "luxourious" route.

Anyone have any experiences/advice about any of the hotels inside of Disney? I was eyeing the Animal Kingdom one, and saw the price varied greatly (305-2500 per night). Any ideas would be helpful.

754454[/snapback]

Ahh, there's no place more romantic than Disney World. You won't even need birth control; after you see the hoards of kids running around the place, you won't want to even TRY making a baby. :devil:

Seriously, why Disney World when there's milllions of better places to go on a honeymoon? That part of Florida is for when you have kids IMHO.

CW

Ahh, there's no place more romantic than Disney World.  You won't even need birth control; after you see the hoards of kids running around the place, you won't want to even TRY making a baby.  :unsure:

Seriously, why Disney World when there's milllions of better places to go on a honeymoon?  That part of Florida is for when you have kids IMHO.

CW

754458[/snapback]

We both LOVE DW. DisneyQuest is cool, as is Paradise Island.

And yes, I think it's romantic! :devil:

Ed, if you go to disney stay at the grand floridian, at the consierge (suite level).  It really is about double what you would stay at the cheaper places and trust me it is f-c-ing amazing.  The food, the service, etc....  Top notch.

754464[/snapback]

I'll check into that. I priced together one package, and it came to almost 10 grand for 6 nights! Haha, I guess my taste is too extravagant.

I'm hoping to get this thing for under 5k.

The Grand Floridia is very romantic and nice. We never stayed there but it looks really nice. We've stayed at the Contemporary and the Polynesian. They too are very nice but along with the Grand Floridan are very expensive. My favorite of the Magic Kingdom resorts is the Polynesian mainly because it is close to the transportation and ticket center where you get the other momorail for Epcot.

Just some advice, you do have to make some reservations months in advance. You may want to invest Birmbaums Guide. This book can be bought at ant Disney store and is very good. It gives a lot of great advice planning the trip and is also good to carry with you while there. Tha's what we do.

Keep us posted on what you pick. Email me if you have any questions.

Tom

754454[/snapback]

Forgot to add. I'm also from the Jersey shore.

754454[/snapback]

Just some advice, you do have to make some reservations months in advance.

754475[/snapback]

I know! Thanks!

We're getting married in march, but we're going to be honeymooning in May (she's a brand new College Professor and can't skip that many classes).

As has been stated, the Grand Floridian is pretty damn cool, and hte nicest hotel there.

The Animal Kingdom hotel is okay. The hotel is average for a Disney hotel, but it is cool having animals right off your porch.

The really sh------- part, though, is that its just so far away from anywhere else in Disney it takes you forever to get anywhere.

Trust me when I say stay at a hotel on the monorail route.

Grand Floridian, Contemporary, or Polynesian are on the route. They are much faster and much more convenient then bus routes to the Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I've been there three times. When you go to Pleasure Island, check out the Adventurer's Club. It's supposed to be an Explorer's club from the 1930s . The characters there have prepared bits they do them throughout the place and improv with you also. On different days, the same actor may play different roles (Butler, president of the club, etc).

One time I went there and an actor was there on his day off, drinking. He told us a lot of cool things about the place. He was in the opening crew and they spent two weeks just pointing at some of the weird knicknacks and improving stories for each one.

I'll check into that. I priced together one package, and it came to almost 10 grand for 6 nights! Haha, I guess my taste is too extravagant.

I'm hoping to get this thing for under 5k.

754465[/snapback]

HOLY CRAP!!!

My wife and I went to England for our honeymoon and we stayed in a real castle built in 900 AD. The whole place only held a maximum of about 15 rooms (30 people), and when we were there, there were only about 10 people on the whole grounds (staff included!). They have their own gormet chef on site, a 6 course meal that was AMAZING. We stayed there for two nights and it was "only" ~$500/night. $10k for 6 nights is INSANE....

That's Disney for you.

CW

754454[/snapback]

Don't do DW. Go to Ireland, or England, some place other than DW. Honest, ED. Don't do it. For your budget, you could have a much better time with your new bride there. Like Legoboy said, you'll have plenty of time for DW.

The wifey and spent three weeks in Ireland a few years ago. Rented a car and hit B & B's around the country. We spent far less than the 5K you've allotted. Also, May is just off season in some parts of Europe. Check it out.......

Use your brain here Rutgers boy!!

HOLY CRAP!!!

My wife and I went to England for our honeymoon and we stayed in a real castle built in 900 AD.  The whole place only held a maximum of about 15 rooms (30 people), and when we were there, there were only about 10 people on the whole grounds (staff included!).  They have their own gormet chef on site, a 6 course meal that was AMAZING.  We stayed there for two nights and it was "only" ~$500/night.  $10k for 6 nights is INSANE....

That's Disney for you.

CW

754510[/snapback]

That's sounds pretty amazing. Is there a web site for that?

That's sounds pretty amazing.  Is there a web site for that?

754521[/snapback]

Yup, here ya go:

http://www.amberleycastle.co.uk/

Apparantly I was mistaken -- it was built in 1103AD, not 900AD. Close enough :devil:

If you look at that picture, look to the right of main gates, the top window there, that was the window for our room :unsure: There's also another window overlooking the courtyard on the other side. We stayed in the Herstmonceux. Awesome room.

http://www.amberleycastle.co.uk/reservations/our_suites.html

We did the "Castle Break" - two nights midweek, and it was about $1000-$1200 six years ago. Prices have gone up a bit, probably due to the exchange rate. The same thing today costs about $1,440 today according to the website.

Much better than Disney, IMHO.

Don't do DW. Go to Ireland, or England, some place other than DW. Honest, ED. Don't do it.  For your budget, you could have a much better time with your new bride there. Like Legoboy said, you'll have plenty of time for DW.

The wifey and  spent three weeks in Ireland a few years ago. Rented a car and hit B & B's around the country. We spent far less than the 5K you've allotted. Also, May is just off season in some parts of Europe. Check it out.......

Use your brain here Rutgers boy!!

754514[/snapback]

England is very expensive IMO. I just spent 6 weeks there last spring. 1 British pound cost $1.90. Ireland is fairly expensive too. Dublin is one of the most expensive citys in teh world- a Euro costs $1.28

Don't do DW. Go to Ireland, or England, some place other than DW.

754514[/snapback]

We were thinking of doing the UK/Ireland thing, but right now, with everything going on, she's hesitant to fly.

We were thinking of doing the UK/Ireland thing, but right now, with everything going on, she's hesitant to fly.

754582[/snapback]

Oh please. We flew one month and three days after 9/11. If we can do it after that, she can fly now. :P

CW

Greece...you will thank me later...

754598[/snapback]

I heard Greece was beautiful! Don't they hate Americans over there?

Our first choice was going to be Egypt. We wanted to take a cruise down the Nile.

However, I think going over there voluntarily may not be the best idea right now. :P

England is very expensive IMO.  I just spent 6 weeks there last spring.  1 British pound cost $1.90.  Ireland is fairly expensive too.  Dublin is one of the most expensive citys in teh world- a Euro costs $1.28

754540[/snapback]

Yeah, that will pump him up for DW.

Air fare Deals out of NY to Europe for two: 1500

Rental car for ten days: 400 to 500

B&B's per night, that include Breakfast : 75 to 100

Fun Allowance: 200 per day.

Yup under 4.5 K.

I'm not going to look all this shiit up, but it can be done. :P

http://www.fodors.com/miniguides/mgresults...est_ireland@601

Looks like you don't know how to travel without whining. Are you a spolided little rich boy? <_<

I heard Greece was beautiful! Don't they hate Americans over there?

Our first choice was going to be Egypt. We wanted to take a cruise down the Nile.

However, I think going over there voluntarily may not be the best idea right now.  :)

754603[/snapback]

Ok, I can understand not going to Egypt. :P

I want to keep this thread from turning into bashing.

Didn't mean it as a bash - just that I wouldn't (and didn't) let fear decide what honeymoon to go on. You only have one honeymoon (hopefully <_< ), spend it somewhere cool that you won't be able to get to any old time. That's my only point.

If you're set on going to Disney, more power to you. Just don't settle on your big vacation.

CW

They kinda hate us just about everywhere

754630[/snapback]

:P

A buddy of mine just got back from the Netherlands and almost got into 4 fights (this guy is a Saint, not a trouble maker in the least). Once people heard his accent, he got bombarded with stuff like, "Americans suck", "you imperialist bastard", and so on and so forth.

:)

A buddy of mine just got back from the Netherlands and almost got into 4 fights (this guy is a Saint, not a trouble maker in the least). Once people heard his accent, he got bombarded with stuff like, "Americans suck", "you imperialist bastard", and so on and so forth.

754633[/snapback]

Sure it was his accent or his "sneakers"?... Americans just have the knack of "sticking out"...

:P<_<

754633[/snapback]

I've been to the Netherlands and some other countries on the other side of the pond, including that bastion of America-love France. I have never had any problems with the locals.

Sounds to me like there is more to the story than your buddy is letting on.

I knew that'd get SOME type of a response out of you.

754702[/snapback]

Yeah, I know. :)<_<

You know what I want to know?

When Theisman and Kornholder are going to 69 each other. Are you watching the game? Those two should be shot, God they Suck. Along with GB's WHOLE team.........

Yeah, I know.  <_<  :P

You know what I want to know?

When Theisman and Kornholder are going to 69 each other. Are you watching the game? Those two should be shot, God they Suck. Along with GB's WHOLE team.........

754733[/snapback]

Yep, they're a bunch of jackasses.