WR/QB Upgrades

Have to ask for input, please be gentle!

Charles Rogers may be released by the Lions...I think this would be a solid corp of receivers.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

Lastly, we have the cap room...why not make a move for Collins, he would be a significant upgrade to Holcomb, as I was far from impressed by his performance in the preseason.

Charles Rogers may be released by the Lions...I think this would be a solid corp of receivers.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

Lastly, we have the cap room...why not make a move for Collins, he would be a significant upgrade to Holcomb, as I was far from impressed by his performance in the preseason.

754088[/snapback]

Collins is looking for too much jack. C-Rog has done little to prove he is any better than anybody currently on our roster, and that's before the cuts.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

754088[/snapback]

Intriguing but Rogers is not a character guy. I also don't see Davis making the team over Reed. As far as Collins goes, no friggen way. He's not going to be happy as a backup and would only cause turmoil the minute losman throws a pick.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

754088[/snapback]

Thoughts?? By adding Rogers, we would just be adding another guy(except for Evans), who have never accomplished anything or are several years away from having done something.

Thanks but no thanks.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

754088[/snapback]

Adding players (other teams cuts) at this point almost never pays off. Unless we are ravaged by injuries at a certain position it is usually best to stick with what you brought to camp, especially with new coaches and new systems to learn.

Collins is not the answer as a backup. JP does not need the distraction.

Rogers never showed a thing in the NFL. He has done less than Josh Reed.

Also, I don't see Davis making the roster unless he beats out Smith as a return man. He was shown less tham Wilson in the games.

754088[/snapback]

Why.....Collins is another QB who is on a downward spiral in his career....The

guy did nothing in Oakland last year. What makes you believe that he has

it in him to run this offense.

At this point this is JP Losmans job. He has earned the right to it by competing and playing well during training camp and pre-season. I would rather build a young

team rather than keep plugging with washed up veterans.

kerry would be interesting but could create a controversy which is the last thing we need for losman.

754093[/snapback]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that legitimate competition is what has enabled Losman to rise to the top of the depth chart. I don't think the kid fears competition.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears to me that legitimate competition is what has enabled Losman to rise to the top of the depth chart.  I don't think the kid fears competition.

754195[/snapback]

Well, define legitimate. Losman deserves the top spot and of the three he is my favorite. But he's been the favorite this whole time by the coaching staff too, or at least he has been given the best opportunities to succeed.

Well, define legitimate.  Losman deserves the top spot and of the three he is my favorite.  But he's been the favorite this whole time by the coaching staff too, or at least he has been given the best opportunities to succeed.

754203[/snapback]

Legitimate = half the fan base and most veteran players want the other guy to play because he gives the team the "best chance to win." Losman handled that situation as well as could be expected and improved his play to the extent that there is no longer a controversy.

1. Evans

2. Price

3. Rogers

4. Parrish

5. Davis

6. Aiken

Thoughts?

754088[/snapback]

You fail to mention my man,"George Wilson"he`s the best pass catcher on this team.Where would he fit in?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564189

Ex-Raider QB Collins has deal in principle with Titans

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

The Tennessee Titans on Monday reached an agreement in principle with free-agent quarterback Kerry Collins, a move that could dramatically alter the team's depth chart by the start of the season.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2564189

Ex-Raider QB Collins has deal in principle with Titans

By Len Pasquarelli

ESPN.com

The Tennessee Titans on Monday reached an agreement in principle with free-agent quarterback Kerry Collins, a move that could dramatically alter the team's depth chart by the start of the season.

754351[/snapback]

Looks like ole Billy Volek hitched his pony to the wrong wagon.

Legitimate = half the fan base and most veteran players want the other guy to play because he gives the team the "best chance to win."  Losman handled that situation as well as could be expected and improved his play to the extent that there is no longer a controversy.

754257[/snapback]

http://www.stadiumwall.com/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=48703&st=

I count 14%, 14.285714 repeating to be exact. As for the players, I think EMO, Adams, and others were the ones who wanted KH. I agree with you that JP elevated his game greatly and that he does deserve the top spot. He's also my favorite of the three. However, I don't think I'm alone on this opinion, this coaching staff did give JP better opportunities. Losman has done more than enough to earn the job, but it seems Jauron and Fairchild wanted him to be #1 since the start of the off-season, even if they didn't fully show it.